OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 08 Oct 2015, 23:27 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
ridderz65 wrote:
Played another match last night in the York league. One of the players was once a top division 1 player but has just come back last year after a few years out.

I won all 3 singles. Beating that guy 12-10 in the 5th game, and I was 6-1 down in the 5th! EVERY POINT! ;)

I used a new combination last night, I used the JSH blade, with 0.9mm red Hellfire and 2.0mm Tibhar Evolution FX-P black. I have to say I really liked this set up, the Tibhar Evolution FX-P was a delight, the control was excellent and had wonderful feel to it. The sound it made when striking the ball was delightful! The spin maybe isn't massive when serving, but its enough for me to create a potential 3rd ball attack. The hellfire pimples are still satisfying me. They are one of the best I've used since the ban. Still going to try Juic Leggy Defence and DtecS in 0.9mm sponge. I have used globe 979 in the past, but I think there are better rubbers out there.

Video potentially tonight!

Awesome showing! I hope to see the video! :clap:

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 01:37 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
Played another match last night in the York league. One of the players was once a top division 1 player but has just come back last year after a few years out.

I won all 3 singles. Beating that guy 12-10 in the 5th game, and I was 6-1 down in the 5th! EVERY POINT! ;)

I used a new combination last night, I used the JSH blade, with 0.9mm red Hellfire and 2.0mm Tibhar Evolution FX-P black. I have to say I really liked this set up, the Tibhar Evolution FX-P was a delight, the control was excellent and had wonderful feel to it. The sound it made when striking the ball was delightful! The spin maybe isn't massive when serving, but its enough for me to create a potential 3rd ball attack. The hellfire pimples are still satisfying me. They are one of the best I've used since the ban. Still going to try Juic Leggy Defence and DtecS in 0.9mm sponge. I have used globe 979 in the past, but I think there are better rubbers out there.

Video potentially tonight!

Awesome showing! I hope to see the video! :clap:

Thanks Japsican! Do you know how to go about putting photos and videos on this forum?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2015, 02:55 

Yes.
1- You would need to upload your video to youtube or vimeo.

2- Paste the video's URL in to the editor you use to type your posts.

3- You then need to place the appropriate codes before and after the URL. IF you look above the editor, you'll see little boxes with "Youtube" and "Vimeo" in them. Those will place the code in the text field.
Make sure to eliminate the "s" in "https" within the address.

Using this Nikolay Telnoy video as an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le2M9XChjnk

What you will type in to the post is this:
Code:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le2M9XChjnk[/youtube]

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2015, 23:34 
Super User

Hi folks. Since my good performance on Wednesday I have carried it on :) on Thursday I played another Selby match and came away with 3 more victories. Then last night I played in Ryedale and played against 2 guys who beat me the last time I played them. I managed to win all 3 singles again and beat both those guys! Taking my week to 9 wins out of 9 :) my new set up seems to be going well!

I've been using the Joo se hyuk blade with 0.9mm red Hellfire and 2.0mm Tibhar Evolution FX-P black. Pimples on BH inverted on FH.

This morning I managed to get a very quick chopping and hitting video with the 0.9mm Hellfire. Excuse the quality of video and quality of play, it was a very quick knock up and I just wanted to get something for you guys to see.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 01:37 

Nice Ridderz! The lady reminds me of one of our coaches, Charlene lieu, who is in her 60s and is over 2000 USATT. Very consistent... What's her level?

Your chops look very nice. I'm jealous of your length being very tall. I'm shortish at 5'9" (175cm). Real advantage for a defender to have the reach that you do. Do u mostly chop? Or during games is there more play at the table?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 03:24 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
Nice Ridderz! The lady reminds me of one of our coaches, Charlene lieu, who is in her 60s and is over 2000 USATT. Very consistent... What's her level?

Your chops look very nice. I'm jealous of your length being very tall. I'm shortish at 5'9" (175cm). Real advantage for a defender to have the reach that you do. Do u mostly chop? Or during games is there more play at the table?

She is consistent against pimples, she's played against them for years. She was named female coach of the year by the ETTA a few years ago. It's difficult to assess her level. The only thing I can say is last season in the ryedale league she got a 48% win ratio. Whereas I got 71%.

Thank you, I do love it to chop with. I'm 6ft 5 and it helps immensely, my reach is very large and I do tend to get a lot back. It's something people know me for! When in a match situation I chop. But when close to the table I tend to dig pushes to set up my forehand. But I do go back and chop quite a bit. I'll try to get a video of a game situation.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 04:54 
Super User

Does anyone have any suggestions for future video footage? Do you think I would suit P1-R? I've wanted to try it for a while.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 17:34 

A higher grip rubber is better for varying the spin, so it depends on how much you vary the spin. For example, if you want to return a backspin ball sometimes with no-spin or bit of backspin, sponge P1-R is decent.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 18:36 
Super User

Here is a very quick training match with the 0.9mm Hellfire pimples. Excuse the quality of play we were both rushing to get away! But there's still something for you guys to watch!

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 19:54 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for future video footage? Do you think I would suit P1-R? I've wanted to try it for a while.

I think P1-R wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 19:59 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

I think P1-R wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

Why doyou think so Lorre?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 21:56 
Super User

Japsican wrote:

Hi Japsican. Do you have any feedback on the training match video? The second video I've uploaded?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 22:02 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:

You're a modern defender by every definition there is and you clearly vary the spin on the ball, so P1-R wouldn't be a bad choice. You clearly will benefit from a grippy LP. I think Hellfire is also a grippy pip, so why not go for the best one available for defenders? I think I advised you to go for 1,0mm. I still think that's a good choice. What do you have on your FH?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 22:41 
Super User

haggisv wrote:
Good on you for starting a blog ridderz65!

Blogs are not only interesting for other people, but can also be very valuable for yourself, as you reflect and analyse your own experiences, and see your own progress :up:

Hi Haggisv can you give me any feedback on the videos and do you agree with Lorre on the P1-R?

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2015, 23:33 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

You're a modern defender by every definition there is and you clearly vary the spin on the ball, so P1-R wouldn't be a bad choice. You clearly will benefit from a grippy LP. I think Hellfire is also a grippy pip, so why not go for the best one available for defenders? I think I advised you to go for 1,0mm. I still think that's a good choice. What do you have on your FH?

I use tibhar evolution FX-P 2.0mm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next