OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 05:50

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 17:29 
Super User

Cobalt wrote:
Nice match Ridderz. I was a bit confused by this video as I didn't read properly which one you were and spent my whole time watching the guy in red and black as you look far more Scandinavian than he did so assumed you were Wim and he was Adam. You said you had a sore shoulder so didn't loop much. The other guy played many forehands like he had a sore shoulder, where you just smashed them. It got to the end of the video and it said that Adam won 3-0 and I just assumed the score was wrong as I was sure that Scandinavian looking bloke won...Oops. :oops: :?: :lol:

Anyway great game, I've got nothing to add but enjoyed the match. Well done. Note, video was fine, a bit jumpy but didn't matter.

I should have made it more clear lol! Thank you for watching and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will have to get some more uploaded!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 17:31 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
Thank you very much! :)

I'll be honest this match was a low level opponent. Everyone else was better that I played on the day. I just haven't done those videos yet! Lol

I usually loop more but I've had and still got a neck/shoulder injury.

I'm using Spike P2 0.5mm at the moment. I was going to try it in 1.0mm. Do you still feel P1-R would be best?

Looking forward to them. :) P1-R is the reference when it comes to modern defense. You can't go wrong with it. But if you like the Spike, keep it. Only problem is that you can't go to 1.5mm if you'd feel the need for it.

Japsican wrote:
Very nice Ridderz! I'm sure spike P2 is good enough. Lorre just loves P-1R. I do too, but I doubt it'll make a difference. Stick with it (doctor heal thyself)

I confess! :oops: I'm in love with it, everyday a little more. :l: :inlove:

Thank you Lorre for the feedback and for watching. I'm using 0.5 sponge at the moment and I'm thinking of going to 1.0mm in the spike just to see how it differs. I've even heard Spike P1 is like the Curl P1-R so I thought about trying that out sometime. I used to use Feint Long II 0.5mm and I thought about trying that in 1.1mm but I don't know...

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2017, 23:38 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
Thank you Lorre for the feedback and for watching. I'm using 0.5 sponge at the moment and I'm thinking of going to 1.0mm in the spike just to see how it differs. I've even heard Spike P1 is like the Curl P1-R so I thought about trying that out sometime. I used to use Feint Long II 0.5mm and I thought about trying that in 1.1mm but I don't know...

Those three are very good defender's pips: you can't go wrong with any of them.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 04:22 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Dude, are you like 7 feet tall or something? You don't even have to run around to chop! Must be nice. As opposed to a shorty like me, I've got to run all over the damn place.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2017, 19:07 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Japsican wrote:
Dude, are you like 7 feet tall or something? You don't even have to run around to chop! Must be nice. As opposed to a shorty like me, I've got to run all over the damn place.

You think being tall is an advantage for a chopper? Nope: slower reaction time, bad for the back to get really low. But it's doable like Gionis shows us.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 18:47 
Super User

Japsican wrote:

Lol I'm 6ft 5'. I do tend to be a bit lazy and just stick my arm out!

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 18:48 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
Japsican wrote:

You think being tall is an advantage for a chopper? Nope: slower reaction time, bad for the back to get really low. But it's doable like Gionis shows us.

I do get a bad back a lot. I thought it must have been to do with posture.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 18:48 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

Do you know much about the Spike P1 compared to say Curl p1r and Feint II?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 20:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
ridderz65 wrote:
Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:

i was given a box of l/p to try.could not get away with much but i kept the feint long 2 in 0.5.
very easy to chop with and slow.i think there was a thicker one in the box but it was too fast.it may be ok for you though as you play away from the table.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2017, 23:24 
Joo Too
Joo Too

ridderz65 wrote:

Nope: never tried it.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2017, 00:36 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
ridderz65 wrote:

Hey, thanks for the video!

I made a review about the Spike P1 here:
viewtopic.php?t=27832&p=307559

I also compared it to Curl P1r, both in 1mm on a JSH

Very roughly stated:

Spike P2, Curl P4, Feint long III all have a soft sponge --> slow and dampening and lot of grip
Spike P1, Curl P1, Feint Long II have a hard sponge --> more direct and lively

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2017, 21:29 
Super User

So I've decided that I would probably benefit from 1.0mm + sponge under my pimples. I've been using 0.5mm sponge all season. I always used to use 1.0mm.

I will be trying Curl P1-R, Spike P1 and Spike P2. All of these having different characteristics of which I can test to find the one that suits me best. I've been using Spike P2 this season, but in 0.5mm. I'm interested to see/know what the difference would be if I used it in 1.0mm.

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2017, 22:50 
Joo Too
Joo Too

ridderz65 wrote:
So I've decided that I would probably benefit from 1.0mm + sponge under my pimples. I've been using 0.5mm sponge all season. I always used to use 1.0mm.

I will be trying Curl P1-R, Spike P1 and Spike P2. All of these having different characteristics of which I can test to find the one that suits me best. I've been using Spike P2 this season, but in 0.5mm. I'm interested to see/know what the difference would be if I used it in 1.0mm.

Better to try the P2 first. That way you know the difference can be attributed to the different thickness in sponge.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2018, 23:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
any update mate-what are you using now.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2018, 23:14 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
any update mate-what are you using now.

I'm currently between Feint Long 2 1.1mm and Curl P1r 1.1.

I am, however, trying to figure out which version of Palio CK531a that Ma Te is using as I want to give it a try!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next