OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 18:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2016, 07:03 

pgpg wrote:
I don't really think you are comparing Red vs. Black rubber variants here... For the reason I highlighted above - two different blades. It's a fun little experiment, but there is a good reason people change one thing at a time when they run A/B tests.

I just hope no one quotes this post in the future to 'prove' that red talon is more deceptive in the short game :lol: :headbang:

Hi, you are right, I should not write that if I had paired the red/black talon variants on two different blade only.
I forgot to clarify... I have tried the red talon on both the blades: the endless and the defplay classic.
And I have tried the black talon on the defplay classic, the regular defplay senso and another of my blades, the lkt toxic 3.
My impressions are the consequence of these pairings on different woods. But... just my impressions, absolutely subjective.
Now I stick with the red on the endless and the black on the classic defplay for the follow reason: the nittaku endless, being stiffer and harder can maximize the qualities of the red talon at the table, while the defplay classic being a little slower and having more dwell time can maximize the qualities of the black talon for chopping. Btw it's all about my personal feeling, however I don't think there's a huge difference between red and black talon. It is the same rubber. :lol:
In your hand, maybe, the black talon will be more deceptive in the short game. In an other hand, it will be not deceptive at all :lol:

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2016, 05:08 

What a fail :shock: Fortunately - for my head - I'm not an attacker :rofl:

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2016, 07:55 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
Nice form on your backhand chop but you need to speed the robot up a little bit! :) It doesn't really help practising your ready position/bounce if you've got too long to wait between balls.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2016, 22:55 
Super User

dunc wrote:
Nice form on your backhand chop but you need to speed the robot up a little bit! :)

Not only that, but the speed and spin of the balls are too low.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2016, 01:56 

Hey :D
Well, often are those low-spin shots that are a bit difficult to handle with long pips ox without popping-up.
My robot is good at doing those ahah, and I can chop them with a good consistence not too high over the net. :D
Seriously, my robot, the tibhar robopro junior, is not capable to high spin and speed, but it can launch reasonable quality balls with reasonable consistence for what I pay for.
Honestly, I do not believe so much in the "robot training" for improving my game to spend a lot of money buying a better robot, placing it in my garage.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 06:59 

Joo

There's something special watching Joo Saehyuk in his top perfomances.
What a solid, stable, impressive, beautiful defence...

He makes me feel motivated and inspired. Wow.
Amazing how he can chop almost every single loop by Mizutani without showing any problem in doing it.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 08:26 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Yes, he was and is my inspiration too. He was one of the two main reasons I started defending. His game against Schlager in the final WTTC 2003 was quite addictive to watch, seeing the ball floating because of the backspin and watching Schlager miss. I also saw him live playing: his movements are pure art - they're so fluid.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2016, 06:38 

Here is my first match of today (thank you to a friend of mine who registered it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd_0XQfqwUc

We had a day of season today. We lost 5-2 :(
I played my two matches, won one and lost the other.
The first was vs the anti senior, the second vs a ox lp attacker.
I don't spoiler, see the match if u want to see who will win haha.
My friend has registered also two sets of the second match... I will upload them tomorrow.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2016, 22:54 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Nice, nice! :) One of your friends looks a bit like Wim Helsen, a famous comedian in Dutch-speaking Belgium. :D

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2016, 01:11 

Lorre wrote:
Nice, nice! :) One of your friends looks a bit like Wim Helsen, a famous comedian in Dutch-speaking Belgium. :D

Haha I googled Wim Helsen and I agree :D
Here the second match (first 2 sets).

Today I decided to make free my nittaku endless from red talon ox and black degu 2mm and gluing them on my lkt toxic 3.
The toxic 3 is the slowest blade I have and one of the slowest on the earth for sure.
I've rediscovered its feeling, unique slowness and large vibration, and with it I can really go under the ball imparting more backspin.
The ball flies slow with the toxic 3, but it's very loaded due to the greter dwell time that this blade offers.

What I can do with my nittaku endless? I decided: this one will be with 0.5 long pips and 1.8 inverted rubber.

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2017, 19:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
CelestialBoy wrote:
It goes Amazing. The Defplay Classic has a great feel when chopping and it is very speed wise. I read somewhere that it is faster than the regular Defplay. Well, I have both blades and I'm 100% sure the Classic is slower! First: It has a greater dwell time than the regular Senso. Second: It has less kick when chopping and pushing than the regular senso and more absorbing feel. Third: It has more control! I was amazed by the confidence which this blade gave to me from the first shot. Regard the Slice 40, how I have supposed, it is less mushy than the marder and a Little faster. This implies I do less effort in defense, but it is slow enough to provides the best control. The spin is very good and my pratice parteners noticed that I had such a spinny rubber on My inverted side. Regard the Talon ox, well I'm fixed with it. It is very fun to play with and I don't intend to change For now. Instead, I want to master it! I Know it is known as a lp to play at the table, but guys, I find it Great For chopping also. Especially When I twiddle and push with it on My fh, it is very deceptive with non-linear trajectories, and when opponents start to push at me, I can decide to mirror their underspin in topspin with ease, forcing them to attack or pop up for my attack or strong chop. Very fun. On the Classic defplay as on My Nittaku Endless, those pimples offer me more fun and possibilities than the others (I use to remove its gluesheet and gluing with glue). I Will be happy to make a video soon and receive toughts from you! See ya.

INTERESTING COMPARISON BETWEEN THE SENSO & THE CLASSIC

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl: