OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 07:37 

Hello all, I am new to OOAK.

Just done a search on the site and cannot find any questions about the existence of a centralised source on where to play table tennis.

This is what I suffered from myself, after I moved to a new town. Fed up with this, I created http://www.ttRadar.com and have been toiling hard to add details of as many venues as possible.

ttRadar.com now has over 125+ venues, but I need your help in taking this number to 500+. There have been repeated requests to have more venues in USA & Australia.

Can the community on OOAK help me list Venues/Clubs in Australia & USA? You can also add your local venue by clicking 'Add Table' on http://www.ttRadar.com

http://www.ttRadar.com is community driven website and relies on the support of Table Tennis fans in creating this centralised database with quality information about the venues.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 11:12 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
Good idea. Just an input, make the currency changeable instead fixed on GBP, or use the more generally used old USD.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 13:22 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Check out ratingscentral.com

All the South Australian clubs are now listed there I think. Heaps more around the world too.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 13:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
There is a thread on OOAK that lists a lot of clubs across the world. Its old and hasn't been added to for many years, but if memory serves Haggisv even had a map linked in on where the clubs are located. I'll have a look and see if I can find it.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 13:55 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

ttRadar wrote:
Hello all, I am new to OOAK.

Just done a search on the site and cannot find any questions about the existence of a centralised source on where to play table tennis.

Sorry, but how hard did you search? I found it within seconds and it actually sits in the Links tab at the top of the page...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11370&start=0

Unfortunately the actual map is not working it seems, but may just need some maintenance by Haggisv.

However this is a lot of clubs listed in the thread.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2016, 14:23 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Had a good look at your site and map. Seems very similar to what Haggisv had developed. However, if yours is going to be well maintained, then its the way to go. I added my club (Dandenong) in Melbourne to your radar. Be great if other members here added their own club to it.

My only criticism of the site (besides that it was slow to load for me) is that it focuses on England, but I guess it has to start somewhere. It did ask me my location, which I block as a default. So if that would have taken me to my place on the map, then my criticism is invalid.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 00:24 

rokphish2 wrote:
Good idea. Just an input, make the currency changeable instead fixed on GBP, or use the more generally used old USD.

Thanks rokphish2. The currency does change automatically as it is based on your location/location of the table being added.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 00:31 

Cobalt wrote:
Check out ratingscentral.com

All the South Australian clubs are now listed there I think. Heaps more around the world too.

Thanks Cobalt, for pointing me to RatingCentral.com. It did not come up in my searches for 'Where to play table tennis' OR 'Table tennis clubs'. May be Google in UK did not seem to know of it.

One of the problems that www.ttRadar.com solves is that you just need to know the area where you wish to play and ttRadar map (Google maps based) does the rest. Whereas with RatingCentral you have to rely on the club being named appropriately or for the user to know in advance the name of the club (which defeats the objective).

I will get in touch with RatingCentral to see if they can share their good data (With Email, Websites & Phone for the clubs) for us to upload to www.ttRadar.com.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 01:01 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
ttRadar wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:

Thanks rokphish2. The currency does change automatically as it is based on your location/location of the table being added.

I see. It was because I denied the location request earlier.

Added one venue for now.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 01:24 

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Had a good look at your site and map. Seems very similar to what Haggisv had developed. However, if yours is going to be well maintained, then its the way to go. I added my club (Dandenong) in Melbourne to your radar. Be great if other members here added their own club to it.

My only criticism of the site (besides that it was slow to load for me) is that it focuses on England, but I guess it has to start somewhere. It did ask me my location, which I block as a default. So if that would have taken me to my place on the map, then my criticism is invalid.

Thanks RebornTTEvnglist, for all your inputs. I cannot get the HaggisV amp link to work. Agreed there are quite a few club details on the thread, which we will verify and if found still valid, will add to www.ttRadar.com.

Thanks for adding your club, the direct URL is http://ttradar.com/table/127

Yes, if the other members can add their clubs/venues that will be great.
We will launch the 'Find a Player/Coach' feature very shortly.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 02:16 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
I added 2 of my clubs here in the DC area in the US.

I agree with what was said above:
-currency changes, (because I'm not doing any calculating when I enter in a site).
-change the default location from England to wherever the user is.

Also a quirk, on the front page, it looks as if it's asking for user to enter the location and then add it by clicking the "+Add Table" button. So it appears as if after searching for the club and clicking add, that I lose the location once I get to the questionairre. When in reality those are meant as 2 separate functions, one for players to search for clubs, and the other is for adding clubs to the database.

Perhaps making moving the "+Add Table" button away from the "Enter Search Location" field to better differentiate those from each other, or eliminate that +Add Table button all together because you already have an Add button on the right hand side of the page along with an explanation.

Last, the nomenclature of "Add Table" seems strange since most clubs have more than one table. "Add Location" seems more appropriate.

That all being said, I love the site. :up:

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 03:46 

Japsican wrote:

-currency changes, (because I'm not doing any calculating when I enter in a site).

Also a quirk, on the front page, it looks as if it's asking for user to enter the location and then add it by clicking the "+Add Table" button. So it appears as if after searching for the club and clicking add, that I lose the location once I get to the questionairre. When in reality those are meant as 2 separate functions, one for players to search for clubs, and the other is for adding clubs to the database.

Perhaps making moving the "+Add Table" button away from the "Enter Search Location" field to better differentiate those from each other, or eliminate that +Add Table button all together because you already have an Add button on the right hand side of the page along with an explanation.

Last, the nomenclature of "Add Table" seems strange since most clubs have more than one table. "Add Location" seems more appropriate.

Brilliant. Thanks Japsican, love your feedback.

Will add to our amendments list.
I picked up your clubs on the site and have tweeted about both now.

We need more tables in AUS & USA.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2016, 04:12 

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
ttRadar wrote:
Japsican wrote:

Brilliant. Thanks Japsican, love your feedback.

Will add to our amendments list.
I picked up your clubs on the site and have tweeted about both now.

We need more tables in AUS & USA.

More coming!

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2016, 00:59 

Can Table Tennis fans in AUS help with more tables please?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2016, 09:55 

Triangle Table Tennis', a USATT Center of Excellence in Morrisville, USA now listed on http://ttradar.com/table/148
We now have over 150 venues on http://ttRadar.com