OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 17:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 18:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Enjoyed the vids guys.Would have also like to see you both playing with pips aswell-

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 19:16 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
peterpong wrote:
Enjoyed the vids guys.Would have also like to see you both playing with pips aswell-

In the first video I might as well have been. The whole point of me switching to double inverted was so that I could take a couple of steps back from the table which would give me more time to twist and move. All I did in the first video is virtually sit on the table and play like I would with short pips - except the inverted was far more reactive to incoming spin and I couldn't control Mike's shots with my backhand and I didn't move well enough to my forehand side and was constantly reaching for the ball, almost behind me - no control of bat angle. Totally defeats the purpose of switching from SP's on my backhand.

Old habits die hard. I did play a few rallies with my andro carbon off+ with Xiom Vega Pro on the forehand and Hallmark Magic Pips 1mm on my backhand. That set up felt so much "harder" and direct and flatter. I really like that "hard feel" but with the softer springy balsa blade playing any more than a few rallies would have completely thrown off my rhythm and timing.

I'm hoping to have access to more of V02man's video footage just to see if I actually used my head and took a few steps back to give myself more time. If I didn't it kind of wasted the whole point of switching from SP's in the first place.

V02man also had a go with my SP's bat and a try with anti on his backhand (although that was really done to try the Hurricane 8 hard I brought over for him to test) but I'll let him comment on that.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 21:55 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Here is a game I played with TSP curl P4 on the BH.
I find it quite difficult moving from inverted to say pips ox, my shots get grooved and it takes me a while to readjust, P4 is not too different from inverted so wasn't too much problem. On the Hurricane 8 hard, I found you had to play a positive stroke on all shots, the speed was slower than my ELP but the spin on serves and loops was very good.

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 22:36 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Mmm, just found something more annoying than players who "cho" a lot. Players who groan! All good ground work for the enevitable excuses. :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 23:18 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^^What were you using on the above vid-you seem to have more control

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 23:52 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Debater wrote:
I think what else people need to remember is that table tennis is a great way to recover from injury because the movement needed, different styles and equipment help people evolve.

It's rare I post this type of personal information on an open forum but in the last 6 years I've had two elbow operations for a broken right elbow, and last September I had L5S1 micro disectomy (same type of thing as Tiger Woods) and shockwave therapy for my left hip earlier this year. Up until the start of this month I've not played matches, just helped with coaching. Now, with the help of medication and supports I'm back playing and having fun. If you've had injuries, you'll know what I'm talking about. Table tennis is probably the best way I've found to get back movement, twisting and concentration and playing Mike was the first time I've had the confidence to really swing my forehand and try and pivot. Doesn't matter who won. I learnt stuff today about myself, got some confidence and had a great time. If you're recovering from injuries, just keep believing, doing what the medical people say, adapt and don't rush it

That said, I'll be sore in the morning! :?:

As for more videos, V02man went on to dominate most of the games and I've paid him more than you can afford not to post anymore REB!!! :lol: As for the stats for analysis, as I'm usually the one recording them for others I seldom have it done on myself. It's just a simple technique I use for identifying tactical things in a game. Whether it works for others is a matter of opinion but hey, it's an option and in the heat of the battle it's easy to miss things. This is where team mates can come in very handy and they may learn something about an opponent they hadn't noticed before too.

Well now Debater, given these new revelations its even more impressive how you're playing. I can certainly understand playing TT carrying injury, far more than most. And the stat thing's not a bad idea, although you do have video to do that on thanks to V02man :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 00:40 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
always a bit envious when i see video of members got to play together, especially from different regions...

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2016, 02:26 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

peterpong wrote:
^^What were you using on the above vid-you seem to have more control

Same setup as the first videos, just had a bit longer to practice with it and with v02man using LP's I had more time to react as the points were slower.

I did take my Andro Super Core Carbon Light Off+ blade which has Xiom Vega Pro and Hallmark Magic Pips 1mm on but I think I only used that very briefly in a warm up for one of the games as I have to get used to the TSP 6.5 setup now. Looking at the end of the bat handle at the turn round, that's not the Andro Super Core so it has to be the TSP.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2016, 19:09 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

LordCope wrote:
I'm always up for an adventure. If it coincides with one of the tournaments (Blackpool maybe?) even better. I live in Hampshire, but travel around a lot, and work for myself, so no problem working around other people's time commitments.

"The fourth Grand Prix of the 2016/17 season is heading to Blackpool!

The Blackpool Sports Centre (FY3 9HQ) is set to host the event on Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th November 2016. Join us there for your chance to be involved in one of the top events on the senior circuit.

The closing date for entries is midnight on Sunday 6th November, so act quickly and help spread the word!"

Taken from TT England circular.

Blackpool is 19 miles from Preston and reachable direct by the M55 in about 15 minutes.

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 21:30 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I'll be at the Blackpool Grand Prix... so perhaps meeting on Friday night would be possible?

Also, any recommendations for places to stay near the venue would be welcome.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2016, 01:16 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

LordCope wrote:
I'll be at the Blackpool Grand Prix... so perhaps meeting on Friday night would be possible?

Also, any recommendations for places to stay near the venue would be welcome.

When I've stayed in Blackpool for a weekend (which is rare as I live 20 miles away) I've usually just booked B&B with a sea view on the sea front. Nice waking up looking out over the Irish Sea. I've not stayed on the Blackpool sea front though, from the Blackpool South to Blackpool North it's typically dificult to guarantee parking at the hotel / B&B you choose unless it's something like the Hilton which has a big car park. Most places on the sea front along the Blackpool part do have some parking but it's limited and usually first come first serve and cramped. For that reason I've stayed nearer Bispham, between Blackpool and Cleveleys and probably a couple of miles from your venue.

Blackpool Illuminations end 6 November and as Christmas won't have kicked off properly when the event takes place, you should be able to get some good deals. Normally I use lastminute.com or some other similar type of site to find a venue I like at a good price, or I just browse those sites and then ring the venue direct.

I'm not sure what the parking is like there as it's part of the Stanley Park complex and near Victoria Hospital, so if you'r driving to the venue either give them a call or ask TT England.

If you're uncomfortable driving from Blackpool to our venue on the Friday evening (or tired from getting to Blackpool) I can drive and pick you up from where you're staying and I'll drop you off again. PM me if you're serious about meeting up. I'll make sure our venue is available that weekend and I'll give notice to my club I won't be available to help with the coaching that night so we can have some uniterrupted table time.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2016, 23:21 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Should be interesting.

Arrangements in place and all being well I meet up with LordCope for a practice.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 01:52 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
I'm not going to Blackpool this year, but be sure to video the practice.

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 21:39 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

No video's I'm afraid. At least not on my part. And as LordCope is probably on the train right now I doubt he's packed a camera either. It'll be busy tonight as we're expecting some other players attending who are looking to get some practice in before the Grand Prix tomorrow so space and camera tripods might be an issue.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 09:40 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Well, met up with LordCope tonight and have just got home from dropping him off in sunny warm Blackpool ready for the Grand Prix event tomorrow. We had some very interesting non table tennis discussions and also some very interesting table tennis ones. I've a good knowledge now of LordCope's EJ journey to SP's forehand and LP's backhand - a combination I've never practiced against before.

I know people have been asking LordCope for videos of what his game is like now but due to travel arrangements and a desire to practice rather than play games, there was no video footage from tonight. I can confirm though that LordCope is playing a lot better than his videos of the London visit and the more recent one's in his blog. And, it was great to find someone who was happy to simply practice. Practice return of serve short and recovery deep or wide. Return of different spins. Practicing placement of the ball, footwork drills, opening up against push and heavy backspin, especially in an aggressive early manner. Control and multi ball routines. It's not oftern I get the opportunity to practice with someone for nearly 3 hours and not play one single game. Something that I wish could happen more often. And it's not often I meet someone who has put a lot of thought in to how they want to develop and evolve as a table tennis player and are willing to back up thought with action, either in equipment selection, actively seeking out a coach who can help them specifically with their style and then a willingness to travel and test their ability in national competitions rather than local home league or club ones. Kudos for that focus and clarity LordCope.

And the final outcome, well with a forum name like LordCope you'd expect someone dignified and refined and to a degree that's what you find. However, with short pips on his forehand and LP's on his backhand, I'd like to see a nasty bullying side develop with LordCope. He's a much more effective player when he drops the nice guy strategy and goes fast, mean and aggressive, and becomes a proper table tennis bully. I can never understand those players who call LP's defensive. They can be used to defend but they can also be used aggressively and when coupled with an attacking FH short pip style it can really upset an opponents rhythmn and be quite devastating. Get mean, get nasty, get aggressive. Then shake hands and smile once it's over. :devil:

A really good night was had. Thank you for your visit LordCope.

I wish LordCope success tomorrow and Sunday and look forward to reading how he does in his blog. There are some very good players at that event, it should be a good couple of days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next