OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2016, 16:56 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Debater wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:
photos and videos please... :up:

Sorry, there's already enough of me on this forum and the internet. As for others. Can't speak for them.

Cheers

Oh c'mon! There's not that much of you playing here at all. Do we need to begin a petition thread for it? :P :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 10:11 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
haggisv wrote:
I must admit that meeting other forum members comes with a bit of anguish though, that we somehow don't meet expectations, or that it can somehow ruin a long term online friendship, because the person is not quite as expected. The closer the friendship is online, the greater the anguish, but equally the greater the excitement to finally meet them!

I can identify with the anguish that haggisv refers to.

One of the issues that I have is playing against pip players. Love playing against double inverted but a pip makes me thing twice. Recently played against a guest player from a different country in our Autumn league who used pips both sides - one of them was called Killer spin and virtually none of out decent players could play against him.

I'll be in Guangzhou in China this October available to play on Wednesday the 26th of October in the evening at the TT club in the sports centre if anyone is interested. Go there on my last night but last year didn't get down.

Debater - as the crow flies your 130 miles away but it probably cost you a good £200 to get here but the option is there. If I can't play you I'll organise someone. Lord cope was here & did what I could for him. We did get a decent knock together. Sometimes it helps to know someone if you are just a stranger. Not all clubs can be welcoming despite some places giving you the feeling that you'll get the cead mile failte (the big welcome).

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 19:19 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Thanks for the offer Multispoke but I suspect you are referring to a trip to the Dublin area and I can't drive on water, well not on purpose anyway. Im also not sure my passport is valid anymore - it'll be interesting to see what happens with BREXIT. A passport in the UK costs about £80 and most are UK/EU combined. If we leave the EU will we all need new passports? £80 * 17 million passports - that's a lot of money for someone.

Maybe one day we could organise a tournement "southern hemisphere vs northern hemisphere" OOAK forum members. A week away on an exotic island with purpose built state of the art facilities, masseuses, physios, just general run of the mill pampering, world class coaches to prepare us for a weekend of competition - say, Waldner for the Northern Hemisphere and Liu Guoling for the Southern Hemisphere - although I'm not sure Waldner would make a great coach. Throw in some conditioning, appropriate neutrition and at the end of the week we all party together and take away personalised coaching programmes based on the observations of the coaches and video footage to match.

Is that really an impossible dream?

REB, you can tell by the silence from the people I'm meeting up with that video and photo footage is a non starter here. Now if I ever get round to playing you, then you can get the camera out :devil:

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2016, 21:50 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Debater wrote:
REB, you can tell by the silence from the people I'm meeting up with that video and photo footage is a non starter here. Now if I ever get round to playing you, then you can get the camera out :devil:

I reckon by the time that happens CCTV will be ubiquitous :P :lol:

But, if it managed to happen in the next 10 years, then I'd set up a camera for the event without doubt. Couldn't let an event like that go un-recorded.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2016, 09:35 
Super User

Blade: Zhang Jike SZLC
FH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Blk
BH: Tenergy 05 2.1 Red
Debater wrote:
Thanks for the offer Multispoke but I suspect you are referring to a trip to the Dublin area and I can't drive on water, well not on purpose anyway. Im also not sure my passport is valid anymore - it'll be interesting to see what happens with BREXIT. A passport in the UK costs about £80 and most are UK/EU combined. If we leave the EU will we all need new passports? £80 * 17 million passports - that's a lot of money for someone.

There had been quite a number of UK and NI residents applying for Irish passports so that they can easily get around Europe.
Not too sure what is going to happen with going back and forth but there has been a pledge made by the governments that NI border would not return to what it was like in the ole days.
I did play in the tournament up in NI in Dundonald this time last year and have been slightly tempted to try the Liverpool GP but it always seem to clash with something.

Maybe the thing to do is to enter the next World vets in Las Vegas but that might be a once in a lifetime thing. But that would only be the 40+s.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2016, 17:22 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Debater is on his way and the camera is charged.

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2016, 18:29 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

v02man wrote:
Debater is on his way and the camera is charged.

:up: :up: :up: :party: :party: :party: :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 00:08 

Photos after the session.
Left to right:
VO2man, Debater, Ian and our coach George

Attachments:
Photo2.jpg
Photo2.jpg [ 640.52 KiB | Viewed 2513 times ]
Photo1.jpg
Photo1.jpg [ 866.87 KiB | Viewed 2513 times ]

Last edited by v02man on 29 Sep 2016, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 01:20 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
left to right: ..... :up: :up:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 01:30 

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 02:08 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Oh the horror of the camera. What can I say, I was ambushed by a smiling V02man in the car park announcing he had camera and tripod ready, grinning through sharks teeth saying something about REB and videoing the games! These were the first two of the day.

Our club is only open at certain times in the weekday evenings as we hire the venue. This means my time for practicing is very limited - I'm either helping out others with coaching duties or playing actual matches. To get to play other people and practice things I need to work on myself in a a beautiful setting (Harrogate is very nice, clean, green with wide roads) at a lovely friendly club made this whole thread worth while.

I've never met V02man before, I still don't know his surname and to also meet up with George and Ian and be accepted straight off really helped. We also had time to stop and have a chat about our experiences fo playing and coaching and table tennis in general - grumpy old men talk table tennis. Clubs and leagues can get very insular but this experience has convinced me to keep traveling and meeting people. I even got to stay behind and practice with George (coach) afterwards for a good 50mins or so.

I'd recommend V02man's club to anyone in the Harrogate area :clap: . Thank you and your club for your hospitality. It was a pleasure meeting you, Ian and George. Now delete the rest of the video footage! :devil:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 02:34 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Great job with the video V02Man!! :rock:

Lovely court/room. How many of those does the club have?

Some good rallies there. Both hit some nice FH's. Debater even managed to snag an awesome BH. Although I have to laugh at Debater getting the other guys to record stats for analysis :lol: :lol: How typical of you Debater. :devil:

V02Man, you have my permission to post more videos, don't listen to Debater. :P :lol:

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 02:36 

What everyone needs to remember is that Debater and I were both using pips before moving to double inverted.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 02:54 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

I think what else people need to remember is that table tennis is a great way to recover from injury because the movement needed, different styles and equipment help people evolve.

It's rare I post this type of personal information on an open forum but in the last 6 years I've had two elbow operations for a broken right elbow, and last September I had L5S1 micro disectomy (same type of thing as Tiger Woods) and shockwave therapy for my left hip earlier this year. Up until the start of this month I've not played matches, just helped with coaching. Now, with the help of medication and supports I'm back playing and having fun. If you've had injuries, you'll know what I'm talking about. Table tennis is probably the best way I've found to get back movement, twisting and concentration and playing Mike was the first time I've had the confidence to really swing my forehand and try and pivot. Doesn't matter who won. I learnt stuff today about myself, got some confidence and had a great time. If you're recovering from injuries, just keep believing, doing what the medical people say, adapt and don't rush it

That said, I'll be sore in the morning! :?:

As for more videos, V02man went on to dominate most of the games and I've paid him more than you can afford not to post anymore REB!!! :lol: As for the stats for analysis, as I'm usually the one recording them for others I seldom have it done on myself. It's just a simple technique I use for identifying tactical things in a game. Whether it works for others is a matter of opinion but hey, it's an option and in the heat of the battle it's easy to miss things. This is where team mates can come in very handy and they may learn something about an opponent they hadn't noticed before too.

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2016, 04:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Looks like you guys had a good day,sorry I couldn`t make, it would have been interesting to see oneself on video(or horrific!) perhaps another time.
Mike I pm`d you

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next