OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:04

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 00:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Iceman did the guys ask you what rubbers you were using before the match?

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

Last edited by peterpong on 19 Nov 2016, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2016, 00:21 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
We all know each other many years, so ofc they know...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 05:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Where did my post go? Damn, gonna have to re-write it (later)...

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 19:34 
Super User

;(

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2016, 23:59 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Very nice games! You have your main weapon in your FH attack (duh... |( ). Most of the times you get to loop you win the point. That is why most of your game patterns should end up in an opportunity for a FH attack.

FH: You have a powerful loop but sometimes you need to not go for a winner but to loop with control and spin to set up for a killer in the next shot. Especially when you loop from BH side to opponents BH. You also need a slower and higher loop with arc from this position to be able to recover when opponent blocks down the line. You can also aim for opponents elbow from that position.

Serve: You have a good long FH serve that helps you to set up for a FH attack. But you do not use your serve to set up for a disruptive stroke with your anti. A short side spin serve is very good for this. Here I am still talking about your FH serve. When you push back with anti there is a lot of sidespin left that will make it disturbing for your opponent. Like Amir said, you also need semi-long serves that makes yur opponent to loop slow against backspin. When you block that short to FH side you will have a return that you can kill. Also a short back spin serve is good since you most likely can attack the return. Here your BH serve is good. You may need to practice more on your "Luka-serve" with BH from FH side :-). That one is very good against some opponents. But be prepared for a FH attack as well as an aggressive anti-push back to opponents body/cross over point.

Service returns: Here you need to put more preassure on your opponent with your anti., be more aggressive. Try to change grip a little, more towards how Amir holds his bat. This way you can more easily make sidesweeps and drive the ball forward. Every back spin serve should be attacked and placed on the white line, either at the cross over point, faaaaar to BH (and then be ready to attack the next one with your FH) or far to FH. You can also make a very short return with a very soft tiuch, that makes all the spin go back to opponent and with no speed left that one is tricky to handle. But you must keep the ball low! Always! Only time you are allowed to let the ball go a little high from your anti is when you block a loop with lots of top spin very short. If you get a fast ampty serve against you, try a little chopping movement (or side sweep) to get more control of the ball. If you get the same empty, low, fast serve over and over again, twiddle and return (drive) with inverted rubber. At 14:35 in 2nd film you did a great return, even though not long or very aggressive. But you timed it very well and made it very low.

Block: Try a different grip (like mentioned above). I think that will make you feel more secure in your blocks and it is more easy to get the right angle. Don't block the ball too close to the bounce, that makes it go over fast and for some reason it reduces the spin reversal. If you let the ball rise a little and take the ball at net height and make it go over the net in a more straight line (arc) it will go shorter and slower and you will have more back spin in it. Against a slow low-spin loop, try to place the ball to the body and on the white line or twiddle and attack.

Sometimes you seem to be a litttle surprised that a bell is returned to your FH. IT is like you forgot that you always should seek an opportunity for a FH loop :-). I guess that was partly because your new setup. I tend to either over use the anti or not use it at the right times... I guess this has to do with experience with this type of game that still is very new to me and perhaps to you too... Time will tell :-)

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2016, 23:43 
Super User

thanks for the input my friend...all good advice...

two main thing i got to work on is what to serve to get to my fh, long so i can block or short so i can 3rd ball attack...and return of the serve must be more aggressive...

tomorrow i have a new match, so we will see if i can improve...

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 01:12 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Sounds like a good plan Iceman. I'm not sure I would change your forehand stroke that much. It's one of your advantages so I'd focus right now on making the backhand anti more deadly. After you make an attack with anti, the opponent will return an easier ball for your forehand. Finish the point then.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 01:47 
Super User

i dont intend to change the fh, its the only stroke that i know:)

i just need to get to it...

somehow when i played with ox lp i was more active on fh...it is also true that for the last almost a year that i am playing with fanti i neglected the fh before i wanted to learn fanti quick...

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 01:53 

FH: RITC 802-1 OX
BH: Spinlab Vortex 0.5mm
Ah. I have similar experience. sometimes when I block the ball using anti, I am so excited to see how the opponent handles it that I forget to get ready with my forehand.

As my coach says, even after a great shot, you still have a job to do. Get ready for the next ball!

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2016, 02:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

conradyoung wrote:
Ah. I have similar experience. sometimes when I block the ball using anti, I am so excited to see how the opponent handles it that I forget to get ready with my forehand.

As my coach says, even after a great shot, you still have a job to do. Get ready for the next ball!

This is very important and so easy to forget :). Always prepare for the next shot no matter how great a shot you just did.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 21:34 
Super User

conradyoung wrote:

i wish i have a coach :)

yesterday we played a match, won 2 games, lost one, against their nr.2...

against number 1 i played like a boss :rock: he is a very good player but he like to spin the balls with both sides so fanti was in full effect there...and my block are much more controlable and deadly with MB now...

against number 2 i lost 12:10 in 5th...he is standing further away from the table and just returning the balls with no spin...i have beat him numerous times in the past, much more than he beat me, but this time i missed a lot of my fh and again found no aggressive push with fanti on that no spin balls he was sending...

i must be more aggressive with fanti and its like i am scared to do that, like a mental blockade...and i dont even wanna talk about twiddling...when i serve with inverted on bh and need to switch for 3rd ball attack with fh if the opponent returned the serve a little faster, i dont have a time and often my blade is not in a proper position...

next week we are free so i have time for a proper training...i am also going on a veteran tournament in Slovenia on Sunday so i will be able to play against some new opponents...

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 21:57 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
:up: :clap: :dance: :handshake: :muscle:
Good job mate!!!

I can suggest a simple exercise for improve your blade rotation..

You need to rotate the blade by 180° every 1 shot.. you must to use same face of blade for the rally...
When you got a good technic, you can try to rotate the bat by only 90° and change face and rubber in the next shot (1 shot with FANTI and 1 with normal rubber)...
With this simple exercise i improve my technic... but need more and more time..

I hope to be clear...

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2016, 23:04 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
111Iceman111 wrote:
conradyoung wrote:

i wish i have a coach :)

yesterday we played a match, won 2 games, lost one, against their nr.2...

against number 1 i played like a boss :rock: he is a very good player but he like to spin the balls with both sides so fanti was in full effect there...and my block are much more controlable and deadly with MB now...

against number 2 i lost 12:10 in 5th...he is standing further away from the table and just returning the balls with no spin...i have beat him numerous times in the past, much more than he beat me, but this time i missed a lot of my fh and again found no aggressive push with fanti on that no spin balls he was sending...

i must be more aggressive with fanti and its like i am scared to do that, like a mental blockade...and i dont even wanna talk about twiddling...when i serve with inverted on bh and need to switch for 3rd ball attack with fh if the opponent returned the serve a little faster, i dont have a time and often my blade is not in a proper position...

next week we are free so i have time for a proper training...i am also going on a veteran tournament in Slovenia on Sunday so i will be able to play against some new opponents...

Im enjoying the thread.
Do you think you would have won all 3 using long pips?
Also is m/b a lot better than transformer.

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 01:40 
Super User

Ragnolo wrote:
Good job mate!!!

You need to rotate the blade by 180° every 1 shot.. you must to use same face of blade for the rally...
When you got a good technic, you can try to rotate the bat by only 90° and change face and rubber in the next shot (1 shot with FANTI and 1 with normal rubber)...

I hope to be clear...

you mean 360' and 180' i suppose? :)

yes, its a good exercise :up:

peterpong wrote:
Im enjoying the thread.
Do you think you would have won all 3 using long pips?
Also is m/b a lot better than transformer.

hm, a good question...i suppose i would have won against the no spin guy i lost but probably lost against the best player that have lots of spin on his shots...when i was playing against him before with long pips, my chop block had not enough underspin for him to push the ball, so he was constantly spinning and dictating the rally...

mb is not "a lot" better than transformer, but there are segments where its better...like i already wrote in a mb thread, when your transformer get worn out enough that you need to change it, i dont see a reason why would you order it again instead of mb...i can certainly see that i am playing better with it and if durability is also better bcs of harder topshit, we have a clear winner than....

Last edited by 111Iceman111 on 25 Nov 2016, 01:48, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2016, 01:42 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
111Iceman111 wrote:
Ragnolo wrote:
Good job mate!!!

I hope to be clear...

you mean 360' and 180' i suppose? :)

yes, its a good exercise :up:

ahahahahahah!!
yes bro!!!

with 90° you can use the cut of blade... lol

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next