OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 19:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 03:53 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Attack and rally with MB is more easy than TRASFORMER
:clap:
Also attack against low and short balls..
I like so much MB... :rofl:

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 06:52 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
111Iceman111 wrote:
i am just trying to go over every ball with anti and not under...so the hand is already in a ready position...i had a good punch with bh when i was playing with inverted and this is the same move...

could you do the b/h roll with transformer?

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2016, 08:48 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i dont know...

i think it is more easy with MB bcs of harder topsheet...or maybe just my technique improved...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2016, 11:28 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
We had a guy on our Korea Foreign Squad who was a national player from Iceland who quickly obtained the moniker of Iceman, real handsome dude around the ladies, rest of Squad was majorly jealous.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 01:16 
Super User

haha thats me :)

little update...
we had a game 2 days ago...i won all 3 matches...the easiest against their best player...which i am very happy bcs that is the guy that is regularly beating me for last couple of years i was playing with lp...he is a lefty with a very fast legs and hand and he plays exceptionally well against lp...he can loop for days...but now i had fanti and it was too much for him:) i served really well also bcs of my H3N, short and heavy under, so he either had to push it and then i attacked or he had to impart heavy spin which i blocked with fanti and the amount of heavy underspin he got back really surprised him...i won 3:0...

but this post was not intended to be about my bragging :lol: but about my other two games...the opponents were much weaker, but i had lot more trouble beating them because they were playing no spin balls on my anti...one of them was heavy hitter and other away from the table lob defender...i have so much trouble of being offensive on no or low spin balls with fanti...

so, a mental note: i must either push harder, twiddle or be faster on my legs and attack with fh...bcs i looked ridiculous out there...to myself and to the ppl that were watching... :sweat:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2016, 03:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

111Iceman111 wrote:

little update...
we had a game 2 days ago...i won all 3 matches...the easiest against their best player...which i am very happy bcs that is the guy that is regularly beating me for last couple of years i was playing with lp...he is a lefty with a very fast legs and hand and he plays exceptionally well against lp...he can loop for days...but now i had fanti and it was too much for him:) i served really well also bcs of my H3N, short and heavy under, so he either had to push it and then i attacked or he had to impart heavy spin which i blocked with fanti and the amount of heavy underspin he got back really surprised him...i won 3:0...

but this post was not intended to be about my bragging :lol: but about my other two games...the opponents were much weaker, but i had lot more trouble beating them because they were playing no spin balls on my anti...one of them was heavy hitter and other away from the table lob defender...i have so much trouble of being offensive on no or low spin balls with fanti...

so, a mental note: i must either push harder, twiddle or be faster on my legs and attack with fh...bcs i looked ridiculous out there...to myself and to the ppl that were watching... :sweat:

Well done and I know exactly what you mean.
At the moment i have 2 set ups and use the set up according to the player.
But i agree and its best to adapt with the 1 set up.
i am trying some transformer tomorrow(old sheet).but im a chopper :rofl:

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 00:51 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
111Iceman111 wrote:

little update...

You can't have everything with fanti... One coach I know, he switched his student from fanti to long pips because he hated fanti attacking potential. If you figure it out, be sure to post video... and this coach used to write column for USATT magazine on using pips and anti..

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2016, 01:52 
Super User

i dont have to figure it out, AA have already done that, just look at his videos...

i just need to replicate the motion which is easier said than done... :oops:

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 00:29 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

hows it going mate.megablock still good

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 02:21 
Super User

so, not a bad year behind me, switched to fanti from ox lp and had good results...
4th in my 1st league (27:9 score) and 3rd on the year list of entire Sokaz league (1300 players)...

but me wouldn't be me to be satisfied with that so the new year is here and quest for improvement is here too...

besides training, i am also trying to find the perfect blade rubber combination with which i will be satisfied and settled...
i am currently playing with revolution blade, 1.5mm mega block on bh and H3N max on FH, and i am not entirely satisfied with that combination...
since i switched to H3N i i sold to the rubber...i really like the good things about it, serving, receiving, blocking, heavy spin...but it is simply too slow for my current blade (even with slight boosting),
so in an effort to find a faster combination and still have a fanti that is working well, i have ordered MB 2.0mm for that 2nd setup...

2.0 have arrived last weak and i have prepared around 10 blades i have for testing with it and sorted them from faster to slower...
i had reservations about putting and removing MB on the blades not to ruin it as we all know how fragile the rubber is, so i did the following, which can help someone in the future...
i bought a glue sheet with it and glued the sheet to my glass table...i then removed it...and repeated the procedure around 20 times...just stick it and remove it...what i accomplished is that now i got a sticky surface that goes on the blade side, but not so sticky that it grips so hard when i try to remove it it would wrinkle the anti...

and than i removed the top part of the sticky sheet and glued the anti to it...now i had the anti prepared... :up:
and the blades, i glued them all with one thin coat of water based glue on one side where the FH rubber comes...so i had all the blades prepared... :rock:

this is the impression of the 1st four blades i managed to try on last training:

i started with JSH because it is oversize and not slow so i can rule it out if its not good and cut the anti more for the normal size heads later...and it was not good...FH was ok, better, nice trajectory, but anti had no reversal at all..good control, nice blocks, but nothing else...and the setup was too much head heavy...

then i tried with fastest to see how would MB 2.0 behave on the very fast blade...so 2nd was btty mizutani super ZLC...while i liked the speed, the whole combination was to stiff and hard...and little bit dull...with hard H3N not a good combo...it definitely need a bit softer rubber on the fh...MB worked ok in a way that balls were landing on the table, so 2.0mm certainly helped in that department but thare were no reversal at all...which was a bit concerning...

3rd blade i tried was stiga carbonado 190...it was much much better on fh, you could really notice bigger sweetspot and more control and feedback...but on the anti side, nothing special...just nice control, not a lot of underspin on blocks...i was getting really worried that i spent the money on thicker anti for nothing... :sweat:

and then, at the end of the training i said, ok, just 1 more blade and thats it...and miracle happened...it all clicked :rock:
and i had a feeling it would even on my 1st couple of shots...i started with fh normal warm up like we all do before the game, and 1st couple of shots i hit in the bottom of the net...what that mean is the blade have a very very low trajectory...which all of we, that are playing with fanti or ok lp close to the table blocking, know it is good for the max spin reversal and low trajectory while blocking...
my 1st few spin attempts also ended in the net until i adjusted the angle...so that will be a slight problem which i will need to overcome if i ended with that blade...but BH...BH was a pure delight...
you could visually see the ball stopping in the air and than dropping hard on the table...i could push the fast serve hard in the opponent deep FH and the ball would land on the table and then stopped so the opponent would miss the ball...and i could block any spin, no matter how fast the ball was...and there was heavy underspin on the ball...it was like night and day difference between this blade and 3 previous...

and the blade is: HRT Black Crystal :rofl: I dont know if its a copy of some other brand blade or their original design, but for some reason that black coating (is it carbon) on the surface of the blade is probably making a very hard top layer that have fantastic result when pairing it with fanti...

so, conclusion so far, MB 2.0 is not a failure, it just need a blade with which it works...and that is for sure not Carbonado (this part is for my friend def-attack :lol: )

i still have couple of blades to try and i am afraid to hope i will find one that its even better than the current HRT one...

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 07:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Cool! Never heard of that blade... where did you buy it?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 07:57 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
HRT Black Crystal... I've got a Blue Crystal with 729-rubbers for my kids which is astonishingly nice, also well suited for looping once the rubbers became softer..
There's a Red Crystal, too, and I guess they're more or less identical besides the colour. Price is $10+ at Eacheng and his several Ali-Shops.

I've got Palio WAY-003 also which feels a lot like some Butterfly-blades (old Primorac?) some comrades had/have but stiffer and with an extra kick once you're hitting harder. One of them has/is using SuperAnti. I guess this one would work well also.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 09:16 
Super User

i didnt :rofl:

i got it for trade among couple of others from a friend of mine...

i have never heard of it, but now that i googled it, it is famous for making copies of stiga blades...china producer and lots of ppl said their blades are of good quality...

but the point why i mentioned you is that you are playing with carbonado and have also said that you are not satisfied with spin reversal of MB...believe me, it is bcs of the blade...try it (anti) with couple of other blades you own and see the different results...i am astonished how big of a difference is the reversal among different blades...

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 19:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
i didnt :rofl:

i got it for trade among couple of others from a friend of mine...

i have never heard of it, but now that i googled it, it is famous for making copies of stiga blades...china producer and lots of ppl said their blades are of good quality...

but the point why i mentioned you is that you are playing with carbonado and have also said that you are not satisfied with spin reversal of MB...believe me, it is bcs of the blade...try it (anti) with couple of other blades you own and see the different results...i am astonished how big of a difference is the reversal among different blades...

How did the HRT work for you on FH side? Looping? How fast is it compared to Carbonado? And is it more stiff? It costs $10 at Eacheng, so I might give it a try.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2017, 22:46 
Super User

it is slower than Carbonado, but not slow...i would say off- or all+...

wait a bit on ordering, tomorrow i am trying my other batch of blades, maybe something even better will pop out :up:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!