OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2016, 21:45 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
i think i am staying as close to the table as possible now:)

whenever i am pushed away i cant see the ball anymore...ie i see it, but need to fish the exact position around the air:)

btw, yesterdays game was so bad for me and our team that is good i didnt filmed it :D

we played with plastic joola seamless and they sucked so hard...no rotation at all, my every ball just got punched hard...i won 1 out of 3...
and because i tried to play as it should with fanti (upward motion) i missed lot of easy balls i would otherwise put on the table...

in a few days revolution blade and MB fanti comes, and i also acquired H3N so the new blade will be all new including the rubbers :rofl:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2016, 21:41 
Super User

A friend suggested I consider these:

-vary the types of service, and service returns in terms of length and placement to avoid being predictable
-make the fh stroke more compact
-think about how to construct a rally and how best to win that 1 point, for example to induce a mistake from misjudging the spin from the fanti or for the fanti to set up a point winning loop
-out of 11 points in a game, a pattern usually emerges if one wins from fh or bh, services or service returns, or an opponent's mistake. To illustrate simply, if one loops 10 times in a game, wins 2 losing 8 points, maybe he should look at why that's the case and if he should loop less and more selectively. Being aware of all these (think about Miu Hirano's notebook) will get one to structure his game better"

so, considering this, i put a fanti on the bh for a sole purpose and that is to get to my fh spin...and right now i think i am not getting that...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 00:09 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
111Iceman111 wrote:
so, considering this, i put a fanti on the bh for a sole purpose and that is to get to my fh spin...and right now i think i am not getting that...

And that is because they keep on playing to your flanti?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 02:38 
Super User

Lorre wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:

when i was playing with ox lp, i chop blocked everything with a firm nasty move that opponent got very underspin ball they were afraid to attack and was forced to push it...

and i always knew that i gave them that hard ball so i quickly jumped around the table to spin drive that ball with my fh...i also had a fast under or overspin serve on their bh which they needed to spin back, and than i chop blocked and then see the above...

with fanti i dont have that...my play with it is too passive and predictable...i am making lots of mistakes so i am playing every shot with 70-80% strength and giving the opponents too easy balls that they attack too fast and powerful for me to return...even when i block the heavy spin i am not sure if the ball i have sent is underspin enough for the opponent to push it or he will loop again...so many times i am afraid to jump around the table for my fh, even when they chop...so at the end, whole set pass and i played maybe 2 or 3 of my fh...

and then, there is this plastic ball crap...i have lost my fast underspin serve with this new balls, so now i am struggling what to serve to get to my fh...i will put H3N on fh tomorrow, just to see if i will be able to serve short underspin serve with it for opponents to push it back...that is where i struggle my whole tt career, i never learned that...

i know that i am playing with fanti less than a year so i need time, but i am currently in a frustrating mood :headbang:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 05:08 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
111Iceman111 wrote:
Lorre wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:

when i was playing with ox lp, i chop blocked everything with a firm nasty move that opponent got very underspin ball they were afraid to attack and was forced to push it...

and i always knew that i gave them that hard ball so i quickly jumped around the table to spin drive that ball with my fh...i also had a fast under or overspin serve on their bh which they needed to spin back, and than i chop blocked and then see the above...

with fanti i dont have that...my play with it is too passive and predictable...i am making lots of mistakes so i am playing every shot with 70-80% strength and giving the opponents too easy balls that they attack too fast and powerful for me to return...even when i block the heavy spin i am not sure if the ball i have sent is underspin enough for the opponent to push it or he will loop again...so many times i am afraid to jump around the table for my fh, even when they chop...so at the end, whole set pass and i played maybe 2 or 3 of my fh...

and then, there is this plastic ball crap...i have lost my fast underspin serve with this new balls, so now i am struggling what to serve to get to my fh...i will put H3N on fh tomorrow, just to see if i will be able to serve short underspin serve with it for opponents to push it back...that is where i struggle my whole tt career, i never learned that...

i know that i am playing with fanti less than a year so i need time, but i am currently in a frustrating mood :headbang:

You were the most dangerous with DG, so I'd take that route again. Why don't you buy two sheets of Dornenglanz, one for a spare blade and one for your competition blade. Get the other variables right (FH, Blade). Train with the spare blade and only use the competition blade in real competition. If the DG from the spare blade loses some pips, don't replace it. Only replace the one on your competition blade.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2016, 20:00 
Super User

yes i agree, that was the path i initially imagined...but then i say F*** it, lets try this fanti, maybe that is a permanent solution...and now i am stuck where i am...

my revolution blade and Mega Block fanti are ordered and on the way...i will give this experiment this season and drop it if i cant get use to it...

and then, i dont know if i will come back to DG or a 1000 different ideas i already have in my head :lol:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 07:04 
Super User

So, I had a good training today... I glued that old sheet of H3N I got and it was perfect... I will keep it on the blade...i dissolved all old glue that was on it with a tuning I got, let it rest for a day and just put it on the blade without any glue...

Difference from Vega China is that is even slower, more tacky (you can lift the ball from the table with just touching the ball with the rubber, it sticks to it) but when you spin the ball hard than it's going very fast with lot of rotation...

My serves were much better with it...

And, Revolution blade also came... I will wait for MB to come also and than glue everything on it and report...

Here are some pictures...

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 16:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Revolution looks really nice! I was hoping you would try your current setup on Revolution. Would be interesting to hear how much it differs from Destroyer.

Good you like H3N. That is a good rubber! But you should also consider H8. Very nice rubber.
Hope MB works for you. Otherwise I am sure you can make some LP work on Destroyer or Revolution (or Terror if you still have it).

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 19:52 
Super User

Tnx...

I was thinking to try my whole setup on the Revolution, and I would have done it if it was any other rubber than Transformer, because you all know how troublesome is it to remove it without damage...

H8 is similar to H3N?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2016, 20:22 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
111Iceman111 wrote:
Tnx...

I was thinking to try my whole setup on the Revolution, and I would have done it if it was any other rubber than Transformer, because you all know how troublesome is it to remove it without damage...

H8 is similar to H3N?

H8 is slightly faster and perhaps with a lower throw. I think it needs some boosting to make sponge and top sheet softer (gives more spin and speed but also more control I think).

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 22:18 
Super User

You guys are so impatient... :)

I will only share the videos and not say anything about the game so you could comment without me putting thoughts in your head :)

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 22:25 
Super User

Comments so far:

From AA and mataxxl:

"
Quote:
mataxxl wrote:<br /><br /><br />Iceman,<br /><br />I saw your video with Mega Block. My conclusion about your strokes is that almost all of them go to high above the net. I suppose that you have to close bat little more, and hit the ball with sharper (more determined) stroke in pushing as well as in blocking. The ball will go over the net because of initial speed, and fall on the table because of lower trajectory and spin reverse. With such type of strokes you will improve your game significantly. This is also my mistake, but when i close bat more and push aggressively, balls are very strange for opponent and hard to attack. Fearfully soft pushing gives results with recreatives but experienced players deal with it easy.<br />However, this is two-edged sword, because you have to evaluate (understand) opponents spin on the ball very well, but this is only one way how we can improve our game and beat professional players.<br /><br />But we have to ask our guru Amir, is my conclusion correct?
<br /><br />which vid?<br /><br />update: ok found it hidden in his channel :P<br /><br />i watched the video tt(9) in its entirety: it becomes clear that whenever his opponent loops and he blocks, the block is short and he makes the point in 90% of the cases, often directly. his first mistake however is the constant chopping with the flanti which is harmles and sets him up for loops...he needs to push these aggressively..he even tries to attack one or two times and successfully makes the point, so i dont understand why he stopped doing that. next mistake: his opponent is smart and starts lifting the ball without spin instead of looping, so the blocks come back with little spin and then he loops to his forehand. to prevent this, you need to push against the lift, due to the longer dwell time the ball will sink and will not fly off the table and pressure the opponent and make it harder to loop to a point. another way to prevent this is by serving semi long with a lot of underspin...if the opponent loops, it will be with spin (yaay) or if he chops, you attack the chop.<br /><br />if there is any other specific video to pint to let me know."

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 22:29 
Super User

From Ragnolo:

Hi Iceman.. i'm Ragnolo from Italy.. i read you in OOAK forum.. I hope that you remember me..
I watch this video..
I have to say you 3 advice.. but it's only advices.. i don't want offend you..
1- you use the FANTI like a LP.. backspin in rally it's useless with FANTI, better pushing balls
2- why you don't use (or try) a serve with FANTI?
3- you don't use your wrist for made short ball? I think your hand is too hard and ball in answer go out.. and your body position is too high over the table.. need to cover the ball with the body.. look amiri.. His position is really good and he use wrist with a back or forward for made short or long balls
But.. the way of FANT isn't easy..
Sorry for my english...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 22:35 
Super User

AA I deleted all the partial videos so these 3 are the only one now...

As you all can see I am improving in small steps with fanti, but still have a long way to go...

All comments welcome...

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2016, 22:53 
Super User

Something about the game... I played with all new setup never tested, Revolution blade with MB and H3N...

It is working but it's a little different than my previous so I need a little time to get used to it...AA say that Revolution is a bit faster than Destroyer but I think mine is a bit slower... Maybe bcs the weight is only 84g...

The good thing is that I see that MB is working optimal, all the shots I missed were bcs of me, not because of the equipment...

The 3rd match I lost was against a former Croatian men's tt team selector and a personal trainer from Zoran Primorac...he also very quickly saw that he must not spin me any ball... He has a weaker fh I tried to exploit but was not good enough...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!