OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2018, 01:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
I have started a new blog as this is a new strange direction for me.The rationale will follow.
I am going to play with Nittaku Best Anti and grass dtecs in ox on the same blade.
i have advanced my game by being awkward and under 3 years im playing in 2 first divisions.
I have used best anti on the b/h and by playing a normal forehand im looking at a 33% to 36% average.
some people may be happy with this but im wanting to push even futher.
my forehand becomes redundant when i come up against really good players and i shut down and seldom attack.
so my plan is to confuse by twiddling on the backhand.If caught on the f/h i will chop.i can hit with the anti on the f/h if its up high.
i have a match on monday so we will see how it goes.
https://forum.tennis-de-table.com/t/tib ... -tecs/4803
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31971
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14654&start=30

Last edited by peterpong on 19 Feb 2018, 08:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2018, 02:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

blades that ive used with anti and dtecs
1-(japsicans) defplay-dtecs play well and wobble a lot-red anti is ok on this blade
2-match defplay-anti is perfect on this blade-dtecs great but other defplay seems to give more deception(may be just me believing this)
3-dr n kung fu-anti is ok and dtecs ok
will add to this section

blade 2-not much wobble with the dtecs
blade 1-seems nasty

NOTES
https://revspin.net/blade/hallmark-aurora.html
Elvis56 wrote:
I was thinking of making a similar post like the startpost but since the thread is already here I'll just reply here. I also tried many different long pips over the last few years and always came back to Palio CK531a. I also tried many different blades but have been playing the Galaxy/Yinhe T-10 balsa/carbon blade pretty much all of the time. I never tried D-tecs(I was not playing when D-tecs were introduced, and never bothered to try because of the price and also because I was happy with my CK531a)

A few months ago I was in Thailand(another post about that later) and the local TT shop had a good deal on Grass D-tecs so i bought a red 1.6mm sheet. I was a bit excited to try the D-tecs but the first experience was horrible. 1.6mm sponge was too fast on the T-10. Back to the hotel room to remove the sponge. This didn't exactly go as smooth as planned, I used 2 bottles of acetone, I tore the rubber and some bits and pieces of the sponge still left on the rubber. But finally I tried the D-tecs in 0x. Although it played better than the 1.6 version again not happy with the rubber. Too fast compared to my CK531a and it did not seem to produce and difficult balls. I removed the sheet from the blade and never used it again.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. I have been improving my game a lot lately and I was pretty much at the limit of the CK531a/T-10 combination. Lower ranked players did not have any chance to win against me, similar ranked players hardly ever beat me but the higher ranked players were a problem. I had perfect control with the pips up to a certain point. The problem most long pips players will have experienced is how to return the fast first incoming attack from high level(ranked 50-200 in Holland) players. Even with the fast T-10 blade this went fairly well but as I said this combination was at its limits. I could prevent the fast first attack sometimes by placing the ball well and I could return a fast attack sometimes but the next ball as a fast attack again. I decided I'd try something different and went through my collection of blades and rubbers. I tried my Hallmark Aurora blade with Donic Bluefire M2(great rubber BTW, superb spin, good speed and still good control) and the sheet of D-tecs(which looked horrible with bits of sponge and glue everywhere and the rubber almost fell apart). Some years ago I played with the Aurora for a while but the CK531a was nothing special on this blade and the FH was too slow with Dawei inspirit quattro allround.

The M2 is much faster than the Inspirit so this was a definitely an improvement. The D-tecs horrible as they looked played very very very good. Control was amazing, blocking close to the table went well even on fast incoming balls and spin on chops was fantastic. 2, maybe 3 spins is the most any attacker so far could achieve. After that either a short ball, no spin lift or straight into the net. My game has improved even further. Easier to block fast balls, easier to do a hard direct push, lifting the ball is great, the ball stays low all the time, huge amount of spin on chops and most importantly a few "easy" points against pretty much any opponent. A nice bonus is the M2 which works very well on the Aurora blade. All in all this bat is much slower than the blade I used for years but I can play a more aggressive game against high ranked players.

To make a long story short, sometimes it pays to revisit blades and rubbers you tried before. Nowadays inverted rubbers are so fast you can create a big speed difference between FH and BH using a slow blade with fast rubbers. Very happy with this setup, so happy that I ordered 2 more Aurora blades. I was pleasantly surprised with the D-tecs on the 3rd try and in my opinion there is no rubber I have tried that comes even close to the amount of spin/reversal on chops and chop blocks. 2 rubbers that come to mind that may be close but which I have not tried are Joola badman and TSP Curl P1r.

garbol wrote:
grass dtecs is best playing close to the table push/block style of game
for other style like chopping middistance or classic def there are better pips

viewtopic.php?t=29591&p=313383

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 22:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Some practice with bat 1-i have removed the best anti and im using mark v on the f/h.
i want to cause confusion with the pips and get in straight away with the f/h.
played j.s who has some nasty serves-no problems at all
played a-played well and blocked very well.
i found the ox dtecs very easy to block with and also chop with.rolls were easy too.
i am not adjusting my strokes much at all(from anti backhand).
very pleased and i got my f/h in a lot.
the nba anti is very safe but doesnt give much deception on the b/h

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2018, 23:34 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
You've had some really good wins this season in the Sunderland, keep it up.

If you change your game, which players are you hoping to be able to beat?

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 00:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

dunc wrote:
You've had some really good wins this season in the Sunderland, keep it up.

If you change your game, which players are you hoping to be able to beat?

dunc i think that im too ambitious for my own good.Im starting to confuse myself and when i go back to my match bat im not playing as well.I think i might just have too face the fact that im going to win some and loose to the better players.I really love the ox dtecs and can see me going down that route next season.im just trying to change my game slightly as i go in order to get better and adapt.I will probably go around in circles a few times. :up:

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2018, 19:04 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
I guess it depends on how lofty your ambitions are :)

Using two rubbers that are unable to generate spin, you'll only get so far unless you become unbelievably talented with those rubbers. As per recent PM I love playing against double LP/anti etc. because there's very little you can do "seize the initiative".

Using LP/anti combo I could see your figures raising to ~50% or so in a Sunderland league season. However, I suspect the season after, you'd end up lower because people would work your rubbers out and start to highlight weaknesses in your game.

On the other hand, if you started developing a forehand loop (or at least kill), and you were able to push with heavy backspin... I think you'd find the disruptive effect of your pimples/anti much more powerful. No point getting pop-ups if you can't then kill the point from them.

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 20:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Attachment:
THREAD.jpg
THREAD.jpg [ 43.7 KiB | Viewed 4823 times ]

I gave this a try but i didnt feel it was for me.
i think that when you are darkside you must try everything
onwards to my next venture-double anti