OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 21:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2024, 02:43 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: Trick Anti
GregorTT425 wrote:
I also start having some minor problems with my left knee. Sometimes during training or matches, when I do a patricular and presumably sudden movement it somehow starts to feel painful when trying to squat a bit down to receive or serve. I do not know if it is a result of the joint woring out or a wrong move which puts the joint a little off its appropriate position. Luckily it is only occasional and not frequent, lets hope it stays this way.

Also, for the TTR-Killer, I am not surprised.

Also, how does your Trick Anti work so far?

Be carefull with those knees - they are pain in the a** :(
I would suggest you do some quad stretches and some calf stretches - for me those help tremendously (I do them at home a couple of times a day and very important - always after TT training too). At least for me these stretches work better than any strengthening exercises. I figured it's because most of my time I sit behind the PC (work :| ) and my quads are compressed basically for a lot of time..

On the side not - I'm not surprised about the TTR-Killer too :D Probably if I had it in lesser thickness and on a def blade.. maybe then it would be nice..

The Trick Anti is my anti to go for quite some time now (since 01.2022 with some occasional tests of other stuff and with the trauma period).. So it works very well for me. I can pretty much do everything with it and the change of pace that I can introduce using it and twiddling the racket is great. The grip it has is great too.. Maybe if it was a tad faster when fully engaged - it would be even better.. But for me personally - I've had my current biggest wins with it.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2024, 02:56 
Super User

v100ev wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
I also start having some minor problems with my left knee. Sometimes during training or matches, when I do a patricular and presumably sudden movement it somehow starts to feel painful when trying to squat a bit down to receive or serve. I do not know if it is a result of the joint woring out or a wrong move which puts the joint a little off its appropriate position. Luckily it is only occasional and not frequent, lets hope it stays this way.

Also, for the TTR-Killer, I am not surprised.

Also, how does your Trick Anti work so far?

Be carefull with those knees - they are pain in the a** :(
I would suggest you do some quad stretches and some calf stretches - for me those help tremendously (I do them at home a couple of times a day and very important - always after TT training too). At least for me these stretches work better than any strengthening exercises. I figured it's because most of my time I sit behind the PC (work :| ) and my quads are compressed basically for a lot of time..

On the side not - I'm not surprised about the TTR-Killer too :D Probably if I had it in lesser thickness and on a def blade.. maybe then it would be nice..

The Trick Anti is my anti to go for quite some time now (since 01.2022 with some occasional tests of other stuff and with the trauma period).. So it works very well for me. I can pretty much do everything with it and the change of pace that I can introduce using it and twiddling the racket is great. The grip it has is great too.. Maybe if it was a tad faster when fully engaged - it would be even better.. But for me personally - I've had my current biggest wins with it.

Thanks for your tips and answers!

Best wishes and kind regards!

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2024, 23:24 
Super User

Today was the last leg of the club championship. So our team plays in the A division (second division from the top in Bulgaria) but I haven't played because of my knee injury.
Although I'm recovering I decided not to play today too - the matches are hard and I would easily be able to push myself too much.. So yep - I was on the bench - mostly cheering, advising and sometimes practising with the guys before their matches. The practice felt really well, also some fun games where played and I was rather sharp. We even though that I could play one match (and that would be the decider of a very important match for us..) but luckily the guys won without before that so there was no need for me to play :whew:
So yep - not much of an update. The team managed to stay in this division and I hope that next year I'll be able to help the guys and maybe we'll improve our standings :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2024, 00:50 
Super User

Had a 2 hrs sparring session today.. Some great rallies, the game seems to be returning to me :lol: Currently I feel not confident enough to take the initiative at the end of the game if the score is equal.. I think when I feel a little faster I'll break through this problem (didn't have it before the knee so it's probably mostly connected to the big time skip and still not having enough security in the shots).
Also I definitely feel (although I play with knee support) that continuous chopping currently is a no go for my knee. It's fine to chop once in a while, but not as an exercise.. definititely :) Because of that I'm rapidly improving my over the table game with the Anti (becoming more confident in different types of blocks).. and the twiddling of course :*:
The session was pretty intence - will see how my knee feels tomorrow :angel:

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2024, 21:48 
Super User

Yesterday participated in the regular League.
So basically 3+ hours with a lot of matches.
I'm definitely not confident enough to start playing from the beginning with power and mobility. It's a psychological problem it seems. When I feel warm and am ready to play with more amplitude - everything's fine. So yep - recovering my game bit by bit.. still a long way to go. The important part is that today a feel absolutely fine. So the knee can take it and probably in a couple of weeks I'll start to play twice a week and not only once.. who knows :)

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2024, 04:25 
Super User

Had a 2hrs training session with my friend who's a couple of levels above me. It's pretty evident how much I've regressed.. but what can you do :(
Still - the session was nice. My legs are very lazy currently - I'm absolutely not ready for 5 or 7th ball. Also my serve receive is currently very weak.. I somehow stopped watching at the server's motion and do not anticipate even the direction of the serve.. well.. need to fix that (as it was not like that before..).. It is what it is - injury is not the simples thing to recover from :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 246 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17