OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 16:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 09:55 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
TTbuddy wrote:
Cannot seem to view embedded video. :(

Probably set to Private...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 15:05 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National
BH: Trick Anti
pgpg wrote:
TTbuddy wrote:
Cannot seem to view embedded video. :(

Probably set to Private...

Thanks, my bad - now it's unlisted :)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2018, 17:27 
Super User

Sorted and thanks for sharing :up:

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2018, 00:17 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
v100ev wrote:
So I've been playing now with the 729 Battle 2 for some time(I feel totally fine, the wrist is good now).
A superb rubber. I haven't played with tacky rubber for quite some time(2-3 years now) and I've already forgotten how cool it was :) Also the Battle 2 is very dynamic(I expected it to be more dead).
So here's a game I lost to a young boy. He totally overcontrolled me :)
As I see it I was too passive and my chop placement was poor - his FH was very lethal(H3 Neo) but mostly from the FH corner so I should have chopped to his middle more I think. I would say that it's not easy for me to say what I really did wrong here, so I'll be vary happy for some help/thoughts.

guy in blue looks good and he looks difficult to play as he is steady aswell.
just chop chop chop and bore him to death mate.
i dont like playing guys like this.
with aggressive guys they make mistakes but he has steadiness and then the killer f/h.
maybe tie him down to his backhand with chops-easier said than done :Chop:

skilless_slapper wrote:
Damn, she was breaking that ass down! :rofl:

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2018, 18:08 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
v100ev wrote:
So I've been playing now with the 729 Battle 2 for some time(I feel totally fine, the wrist is good now).
A superb rubber. I haven't played with tacky rubber for quite some time(2-3 years now) and I've already forgotten how cool it was :) Also the Battle 2 is very dynamic(I expected it to be more dead).
So here's a game I lost to a young boy. He totally overcontrolled me :)
As I see it I was too passive and my chop placement was poor - his FH was very lethal(H3 Neo) but mostly from the FH corner so I should have chopped to his middle more I think. I would say that it's not easy for me to say what I really did wrong here, so I'll be vary happy for some help/thoughts.

I agree you was too passive, when he was being consistent with his spin you could have counter hit or even counter looped more than half of those which would have possibly put you in the drivers seat. But other than that you have to give yourself more credit because your opponent was clearly very good (at least vs your style). He didn't give you loads of free openings, it was just a case of you taking more initiative to attack or be active with your FH.

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2018, 02:31 
Super User

peterpong wrote:
guy in blue looks good and he looks difficult to play as he is steady aswell.
just chop chop chop and bore him to death mate.
i dont like playing guys like this.
with aggressive guys they make mistakes but he has steadiness and then the killer f/h.
maybe tie him down to his backhand with chops-easier said than done :Chop:

Thanks, yep, I think the same - more stability + better placement needed so he starts taking more risks maybe :)
Ndragon wrote:
I agree you was too passive, when he was being consistent with his spin you could have counter hit or even counter looped more than half of those which would have possibly put you in the drivers seat. But other than that you have to give yourself more credit because your opponent was clearly very good (at least vs your style). He didn't give you loads of free openings, it was just a case of you taking more initiative to attack or be active with your FH.

Yep - countering is what I'm not very sure about for now. It's been not so long that I've decided to play more of a chopper's game(instead of some weird combination play where even I'm not sure what will be my next shot :lol: ) so I really still don't feel very well when to incorporate the attacks and aggressive counters.. Thanks for the reply - I'll try to dig in the countering part more :)

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 02:51 
Super User

Yesterday played a tournament in another city. So a lot of unknown players for me. Had 3 very difficult games: one won by me 3:2 and the other two I lost 2:3.
I was very please with my game cause while I was watching the guys(including the one I beat) playing I really thought I had no chance against them. But as a result I gained some confidence in my chosen style (defense :) ) and for now I'm pretty sure what to do with my future training( :clap:

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 05:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I had a new THWS.It wasnt bad but i sold it.i found it too fast and the f/h wasnt great.
the defplay may suit your style more?
is your THWS the new model?older ones were slower i believe.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 09:10 
Super User

Agree with PeterPong regarding the JTHWS. Overall not one of my favoured supposedly slow blades . How do you find playing with it? :^)

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 15:59 
Super User

TTbuddy wrote:
Agree with PeterPong regarding the JTHWS. Overall not one of my favoured supposedly slow blades . How do you find playing with it?

peterpong wrote:
I had a new THWS.It wasnt bad but i sold it.i found it too fast and the f/h wasnt great.
the defplay may suit your style more?
is your THWS the new model?older ones were slower i believe.

Well I don't have a vast experience in blades. I've used several off blades when I was playing with SP, then an Andro Temper Tech All+ as my first blade with LP(a great(great!) but easy breakable), then I tried the Defplay Senso v3(I don't know the difference in versions - it's just what our club had in store) and the THWS after that.
So the Defplay v3 had a very good FH with the regular rubber for me but I just couldn't play with the LP very well. The feeling was off for me. And that was a conclusion I came to after playing about 4 months with it. Maybe the pips didn't fit the blade(meteorite at the time) - but I just couldn't feel comfortable chopping with it.
The THWS is the new version. Never played with the old one. I've read everywhere that it should be a slow blade but I can say that it's not slow at all with an inverted on it, but the side with the LP(Neptune with 0.7mm sponge) plays superb for me. Lots of control, good speed(not very slow, not very fast). I used OX pips with it for quite some time but then I decided that I need even more speed on the LP side so I really can't say that it is a fast blade too. But what I can say is that I love the play with a regular rubber on it. Vega Pro, MX-S, now Battle 2 - everything pairs very well with this blade. Haven't tried softer rubbers though.
I think this blade has a lot of flex in it(or at least that's what I feel) and this can be something that not every chopper would like but for me this works great.
I've been playing with this blade for about 2 years now(or more :^) ) so I really can't compare it with anything else. I tried a Stiga defensive wood with Meteorite(a friend of mine plays with it) and it felt too hard and much more stiffer then mine. But it was just for a couple of minutes so really I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
All in all I really love the THWS. It just fits my game, love the soft wooden feel that I have and the speed when I need it :)
I hope I answered the questions somehow cause I'm not strong in this aspect of tt (equipment comparison) cause I don't change a lot of equipment + I've found out that most of the times how I describe something in a combination doesn't really match other's impressions :(

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2018, 22:10 
Super User

Glad to know you like the JTHWS and it is working well for you :up: Good luck!

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2018, 01:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I think that if you like the THWS then thats cool.If your main priority is the feel of the l/p then i agree that your blade should suit that.my defplay is perfect for my antispin but the f/h side doesnt feel perfect.ive tried other combos but always come back to the defplay

PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 17:05 
Super User

Haven't played for quite some time (about 20 days) and yesterday played a league and in the beginning couldn't feel the ball at all. And the legs didn't want to move :rofl: . But through the league my form came back(let's say from 60% to 99 :) ) and it felt very good. I would say that even my FH came back and I had some struggle with it before the break (couldn't get the waist and the hand in sync).
Which is a result of a lot of thinking while not playing and visualization. Somehow thought about the obvious thing and watched some chinese pros playing fH topspins and tried to engrave the sync of the body and legs and hand in my mind. Sometimes walking and imitating the movement sometimes just thinking. Of course my FH is far from ideal but yesterday it felt right when I was in position. When I was off position - it's ok to make a wrong(technically) shot as I think.
So I'm quite relived cause tomorrow we'll play the final round of the teams matches and even if we don't have a chance to promote to higher league it's still important to play good for the team :)

PostPosted: 26 May 2018, 18:00 
Super User

So last Saturday we played our 4th division matches. It was known that we'll finish neither 2nd nor 1st so the results didn't matter.
Filmed the matches against the strongest team.
So in the first match I won against their 2nd seed pretty comfortably because the style match-up was in my favor. He plays very good against attackers (with his very good counters and inviting no-spin/up-spin serves) but not so well against defenders(basically in our team only I beat him). So I played him a little relaxed with a lot of ugly experiments(most of those failed) and won. After watching the video I think I should have played more serious so there would be not so much easy and stupid mistakes. Here's the video, I'm the guy in red:

After that I played their 1st racket - a guy that is much stronger than anyone in our division, so no expectations here. He's a heavy hitter + he hides some of his serves and I needed some tiime to get uset to that. All in all I think I played well but the slow starts in the 1st and 3rd were not something I wanted. I should have played more to his BH and also should not have tried to play so much short-short cause if I want to play more defense then I should invite the opponent by giving him a long but not easy to kill ball. And I was trying to leave it short after his receive which was the wrong thing to do most of the times. I think that's something that's left from my previous play-style(more like an allround chopper/blocker) so I need to work on this. Here's the match, I'm the guy in red :)

Anyway we lost 4:2 to them and finished 3rd this year.
I don't have time to play tt these days so not a log to 'blog' about :(

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 05:48 
Super User

This forum is very bad for my mental state in TT :o :rofl:
It's just that I don't have the possibility to play now cause I'm pretty far away from any tennis table and I haven't played for only 10 days but I've been reading the forum all the time.. And there are always lots of equipment discussions here and in my mind the EJ virus starts to speak something like "Yeah, You should try this one - you'll chop better with it" and after that I read a topic about another pip or something and the EJ virus whispers another thin to me..
And then I say to myself: "Stop, it's just because You haven't played for some time. You don't need to change equipment - You need to play!" :) And I'm like "Yep, that's true, thanks for stopping these thoughts" :whew: :rofl:

But those whispers in my head never stop while I'm reading some pip reviews or discussions :devil: :rofl: :rofl:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next