OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:26

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2017, 18:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I suppose no one high fives any more? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2017, 22:06 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
Namaste ! :lol:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2017, 16:48 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

ZeroZero wrote:
Yeah I know after a match it's tradition and shows good sportsmanship.

After a match, I do a light finger handshake or I try to cup my hands hoping for just a little contact. Most players do the same, while some won't even even wipe their hands on their clothes before shaking and just grip my hands doing a manly full on tight handshake. Then there's the drippy sweaty wet handshakes. Gross.

When I first started playing, watching videos of the pros, I use to wonder why they gave such half effort shakes after matches. I use to think they were jerks, but now I understand.

I started doing this at the club with the younger guys who are perfectly fine with knuckle/fist bumps, or even high fives. I only do this with guys who I would label as friends.

The main reason I don't want to do full handshakes anymore is the flu season will be coming up. I could easy shake hands with a guy who just sneezed earlier, or is day 1 of a sickness, get the virus on my hands and transfer it to my paddle or water bottle. Then inadvertently rub my eyes, nose, or mouth.

I would think it would be uncouth to pull out sanitizing wipes or sprays after the handshake? There's got to be ways to help mininize the spread of germs and virus.

Any ideas?
Strongly recommend a flu shot. Possibly too, you could play in a space suit.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2017, 06:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
I suppose no one high fives any more? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Iskandar

High five is the best if you both played well. High five after playing crappy TT feels so wrong.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 00:38 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Well I'm slowly being convinced a handshake with someone sick is asking for trouble. A young TT friend of mine is now a qualified Osteopath with 5 years of Uni under his belt doing basically a medical degree. He won't shake hands with people when he is sick as he doesn't want to pass it on. He said he gets sick a lot as he is touching sick people all the time. Obviously his experience and training is telling him that more contact between people with viruses actually does perpetuate disease. And here I was thinking it would more likely build immunity to them :headbang: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 01:52 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I also hate it when we switch sides and there are droplets of the other player's germ-infested sweat all over the table.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 02:04 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
If someone is sick, you're getting their germs from the ball and/or table if you/they wipe your sweat on the table anyway. If it's a big deal, carry a pocket size bottle of hand sanitizer and use it discreetly after every match/handshake.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2017, 10:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Well I'm slowly being convinced a handshake with someone sick is asking for trouble. A young TT friend of mine is now a qualified Osteopath with 5 years of Uni under his belt doing basically a medical degree. He won't shake hands with people when he is sick as he doesn't want to pass it on. He said he gets sick a lot as he is touching sick people all the time. Obviously his experience and training is telling him that more contact between people with viruses actually does perpetuate disease. And here I was thinking it would more likely build immunity to them :headbang: :lol:

As somebody else mentions he is getting his hands all over the ball. And therefore so does his opponent who touches the same ball. So by the time they get to the handshake part, the whole thing is pretty much a moot point.

As a matter of simple common courtesy to others, people should not play when they have an infectious disease (like a common cold).

We are not pros whose livelihood depends on it.