OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 04:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Visiting Korea
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 07:10 

I will be visiting South Korea from Aug 21 to Sep 10 and I will be staying in the Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do. Would anyone know if there are any table tennis stores(Butterfly Products) in the Suwon area?

Post subject: Re: Visiting Korea
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2012, 11:17 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I think BTY actually has a branded club with a small store there in Suweon.

If you make it up to SW Seoul to Bucheon, you can see Nexy HQ, which ought to be a must-see/must do for any serious TT player. They have a test room and a club nearby with good players.

PM me when you hit country and I'll cough up my mobile #. I live in Uijeongbu, but it isn't dificult to get here by the subway system. Prolly take 1.5 hours and cost under $2 USD. Please get a T-Money or other transportation card from any convenience store and charge it with 20,000 Won ($18)

There is a local tourney each Sat on the last Sat of each month with an Andro Rasant as 1st/2nd place prize. Entry is $9 USD for the tourney. If you want to do that tourney, why not come to Uijeongbu a day early and do the Hyundai tourney Friday 1800? There are at least 6 players there O2000 USATT, often 10. You can stay at a bath house with shower, and HUGE hot tub/cold tub (I'm talking 3-5 meters on each side) and sleep on the floor for all under $10 USD. Young people like going there as the bath house is huge and you don't get to chill in such a large hot-tub. Great for the muscles after some hard TT. Local Hotels cost around $45 a night. The Yeo-In Sook places cost around $20 a night. The area where a lot of the Hotels are seem to be in an area that is busier all night than NYC itself. That place never sleeps.

If you want, you can buy a Tibhar or Stiga or Nexy uniform from Nexy and I can pay (it only costs $10 to letter a jersey here) get it lettered with our official Korean Foreign TTC logo and sponsor, with an American flag or whatever country you are from. that way, when you show up to the tourney(s), you are ready for battle, or at least look the part. koreans are very uniform crazy and it could be a cool idea to get your custom jersey here. Tourneys cost 10,000 Won for the 1 event tourney, 30,000 won max for 3 event tourneys. The money you save on tourney fees could land you jersey or a night out on hte town.

PM and cal me when you hit ground.

I'll look for that BTY club/store, I remember digging up an adress for that a year before I got to Korea.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2013, 15:30 

I'm going to be visiting Sep 28th to about the 15th of December. I would love to find a place to play near my hotel. I will be in either the Ramada or Ibis in Suwon. I was there in 2007 and stayed at the Stay 7 right near the Suwon Home Plus. I know there was a club close because the hotel found it for me. If anyone knows the name or address of a place near the hotel i would like to spend a lot of time there staying out of trouble. 8*)
I will certainly make it to at least one if not both tournaments that will be played while I am there. I doubt I am a money winner in the tourney but I would love to have fun.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 07:46 

This is William from KFTTC. Both Wanda Wong and David Mu live in Suwon. Look them up on FB. I dont know Suwon so well but go to google maps look up suwon and zoom out a bit and search for 탁구 that is TT in Korean.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 07:48 

Adna the BTY HQ is in Seungnan not too far north of you. It is just south of expressway 100 look up the bty korea website and google their address from the bottom of their webpage.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2013, 15:58 

Do Koreans really have English first names that often? Or are those nicknames? I already wondered about that before...

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 02:21 

Some Koreans take on an English 1st name for their business or FB page or to look good on their business card... but the two KFTTC members I mentioned to the other poster are actually foreigners, one a Canadian and the other from Tahiti!

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2013, 02:38 

Jismo wrote:
I'm going to be visiting Sep 28th to about the 15th of December. I would love to find a place to play near my hotel. I will be in either the Ramada or Ibis in Suwon. I was there in 2007 and stayed at the Stay 7 right near the Suwon Home Plus. I know there was a club close because the hotel found it for me. If anyone knows the name or address of a place near the hotel i would like to spend a lot of time there staying out of trouble. 8*)
I will certainly make it to at least one if not both tournaments that will be played while I am there. I doubt I am a money winner in the tourney but I would love to have fun.

Maybe it was Shin Soo Hyun TTC.

https://plus.google.com/102592238821458071482/about?gl=kr&hl=en

Here is a Korean post about clubs in Suweon, have ur hotel dude tell you where these are in relation to you...

http://cafe.daum.net/suwonpp/1Nnw/54?docid=4280952284&q=%EC%8B%A0%EC%88%98%ED%98%84%ED%83%81%EA%B5%AC%ED%81%B4%EB%9F%BD

SSH TTC is #9

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 08:14 

Thanks for all the tips. I wiil check everything out. Trip moved bach to oct 4 but still on for 11 weeks this year and again sometime next year. Fuf, fun, fun!

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2013, 20:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Lucky you! :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2013, 03:05 

Der_Echte wrote:
Jismo wrote:

Maybe it was Shin Soo Hyun TTC.

https://plus.google.com/102592238821458071482/about?gl=kr&hl=en

Here is a Korean post about clubs in Suweon, have ur hotel dude tell you where these are in relation to you...

http://cafe.daum.net/suwonpp/1Nnw/54?docid=4280952284&q=%EC%8B%A0%EC%88%98%ED%98%84%ED%83%81%EA%B5%AC%ED%81%B4%EB%9F%BD
I finally checked the map. I'm certain that is the place i was at previously. Thank you!

SSH TTC is #9

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2013, 11:03 

oh no. they did a change up on us. our hotel changed due to cost cutting. new hotel is located
34-3, Seoku-dong, Hwaseong-si, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea JS Boutique...I guess its brand new.

looks like it is right across the street from the Samsung Hwasung site. looks to be a largely industrial area with almost nothing around it. guess we get to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on site. bummer! I know its going to be long hours but half the fun of coming to Korea is getting to see some of it.

Anyone know of a place to play close to here? and maybe a Home Plus...preferably withing walking distance! an expat bar would be nice too.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 07:18 

well I made it here. Hotel is in a basic Korean neighborhood without much around. They did find a nice table tennis club for me in Dongtan. Its about a 30 minute walk from the hotel near the Dongtan Metopolis. Nice club with 6 table and a robot. Owner gal is good and friendly. No english but she tries hard. I have been talking korean classes but my korean is pretty limited still.
I've had a ton of fun at this club. Everyone is super friendly.

Hope to see you guys around town. Maybe do the seoul tournament mentioned above.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 08:26 

You could also take line 1 south and there are several clubs near train stations.

Seojeongri has the Pyungtaek club maybe 300-400 meters east of the station.

Hope TTC is near city hall of Pyungtaek, about a KM east of pyungtaek station.

There is a club near Songtan called Union TTC

Osan prolly has a club, haven't been there though.

You can also take sub north. Give nexy HQ a visit at exit 7 of Sangdong stn on line 7 go up escalator, go another 50 meters look on right past bead store for hallway and TAK9.com / Nexy is on 8th floor.

You got a LOT of places to go.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2013, 23:21 

I'll check those places out mentioned above. Having fun playing here.
Need to get new TT shoes so probably hit up TAK9. same some shoes on there I like.

I was wondering about the tournament you mentioned above. I have no problem making it up to Seoul. I'd love to play one here.
Can they use my USATT rating to get me placed in some classes?