OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2008, 07:45 
Super User

Can you tell me the funniest thing that has happened to you while you have been playing table tennis?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2008, 07:52 
VaMP-ire Killer

well its hard to think but most recent woul be few months ago, I actully kicked the table while playing a shot. les just say it made a lot of noice, everyone noticed, and I won the point

Note: I actully kicked the underneath of the top of the able, not the legs!

Set Up: Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 Stiga Calibra LT Sound and Butterfly Tenergy 05FX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2008, 09:58 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Blocker,,,
Most of the people have heard me tell this before but we have alot of new people so here it is again. And yes, this is a TRUE story.
When I was about 16, there was a big tourney in New York. It was January and my first match was at noon so I went rabbit hunting in the morning. I got there just in time to change to sneakers and play.
I had a habit of slapping my thigh with the bat when I missed a shot. First game, missed a shot, slap. Thats when it started. It started getting warm, warmer, and HOT!!! I had set off the pocket full of stick matches I had with me hunting. Smoke and flames started pouring out the pocket and I started running backwards around the table holding my pocket as far away as I could. After about one lap, the pocket burned through and matches started falling down my pants. I was hoping on one foot shaking the matches out the pantleg. The crowd (about 200 spectators) and 36 tables of players went crazy!!! A big cloud of smoke was rising over the table and the noise from the crowd was loud!
I finally was able to retreat to the mens room to check for damages. Luckily, everything was OK. When I came back out to the floor, there was a HUGE greeting.
The TV people had been there but were at lunch or you guys could probably see me on UTube today! :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Feb 2008, 21:12 
Angel of Abbyss

A funny thing?
I met my girlfriend at the table tennis club and 10 years after, now, we are waiting a new little table tennis player :lol: Isn't it Funny?

Special post after the St Valentine Day :wink:

http://www.diabolosyl.net (my own site)
http://www.tennis-de-table.com (biggest forum in France)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2008, 14:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Diab, not sure I call that funny, but certainly romantic, sweet, lucky are words that come to mind. Congrats man!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2008, 22:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I extended myself to chop a backhand ball off the table and split my shorts from front to back infront of about 30 people. :o finished the rally with by bollocks hanging out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Feb 2008, 23:48 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Dark horse wrote:
I extended myself to chop a backhand ball off the table and split my shorts from front to back infront of about 30 people. :o finished the rally with by bollocks hanging out.

Now that sounds very funny, but I bet it was embarrassing at the time!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Feb 2008, 16:05 
A Beautiful Brain

I can't compete with some of those, but my most embarrassing thing apart from some very ordinary score lines, has happened a couple of times, and that is I do an almighty smash, and by some fluke the opponent returns the ball from way back near the back stop, very high, and me with all the time in the world to execute a second winning smash this time, runs around the left edge of the table and has an huge air swing as the ball hits the center of the table and darts off to the to right...

Thats not so bad, but when everyone claps and cheers (the other players) ...its red face time!!!...

fosss

FH = Transcend SP on a MAX Big Slam sponge.
BH = Bomb Talent OX

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 16:02 

hmm...well one night I was playing at a club and we were playing a team match for fun and there was this amazing rally, and my friend near me was cheering and he started clapping but with one hand and with the other he was holding his blade (so he was clapping against his rubber) and then all of a sudden the head of the paddle falls right onto the ground and I started laughing and leant back because I thought there was a wall behind but there wasnt and I fell with my bat and made a huge dent in it :oops:

hookshot :P that sounds like a story to remember !

Hurricane 3 FH
Globe 999 BH

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2008, 17:04 

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Levkin,,,
When I go back to NY, I have been greeted by "Hey, it's hotshot" and "Hi Smokey". Thats 50 years after it happened!!! LOL Hard to forget that one. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Feb 2008, 01:11 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Hey Smokey...er I mean Hookshot, your story was pretty damn funny I must admit.

Foss you are lucky you've only mis-hit your smash. I have had the odd "sitter" smash that I have completely fresh-aired! And then being of a shorter stature there have also been high-balls that have bounced right at the net almost vertically and I can't reach the dang blang @#%$@@ things!

Sitter smashes I have mis-hit? Too many to count! What's also quite laughable is when you wind up for a big loop and mis-time it so it hits the leading edge of your bat and flies off to the right (and often across other matches). :oops: LET! Oops Sorry.