OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 06:52

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2015, 22:14 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Most of the tournaments run in our area use an old piece of software, which has become unreliable under the latest operating systems, and is no longer supported.

What other software is available to run tournaments?

The only one I could find is Zermela (by ratings central), which may be suitable, although I don't know if it's still supported.

There is Omnipong, but this seems to be an online only option, and there is almost no information on their website.

Does anyone know of other software options?

Thanks guys!

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2015, 18:03 

I have developed a mobile application ttstat , the tournament can be setup on the website ttstat.com and matches updated on any mobile device ( android or ios). It supports single elimination and round robin. If there are any feature requests I can add it in the upcoming version.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015, 07:59 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
palguay wrote:
I have developed a mobile application ttstat , the tournament can be setup on the website ttstat.com and matches updated on any mobile device ( android or ios). It supports single elimination and round robin. If there are any feature requests I can add it in the upcoming version.

Do you need to be online for this, would be handy to have simple software you can put on a laptop and take to the club without the need for Internet connection.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2015, 09:59 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
Zermelo or Cantor
With these software, your results are automatically uploaded to Ratings Central.

The use of it is free if you upload your results, but if you only use it to run tournaments, you need to pay like $20 for each tournament that you use it in.

I'm not technologically oriented, but I have been told that Zermelo is easy to use.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2015, 20:25 

Cobalt wrote:
palguay wrote:

Do you need to be online for this, would be handy to have simple software you can put on a laptop and take to the club without the need for Internet connection.

It requires you to be online .

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 21:21 

Blade: Stiga Allround Classic
FH: Mark V
BH: Mark V
Zermelo is still supported and under active development. I hope this would be clear from the Version History at http://www.ratingscentral.com/Instructions.php#Zermelo, or you could have emailed me and asked.

Zermelo actually started before Ratings Central. The first version was released in 2003; Ratings Central was launched in 2004 (although there was a previous version of Ratings Central, and also previous tournament apps).

Cantor is not for running tournaments; it is only for submitting to Ratings Central.

You can find user feedback on Zermelo at http://www.ratingscentral.com/Letters.php.

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 21:55 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
David Marcus wrote:
Zermelo is still supported and under active development. I hope this would be clear from the Version History at http://www.ratingscentral.com/Instructions.php#Zermelo, or you could have emailed me and asked.

Zermelo actually started before Ratings Central. The first version was released in 2003; Ratings Central was launched in 2004 (although there was a previous version of Ratings Central, and also previous tournament apps).

Cantor is not for running tournaments; it is only for submitting to Ratings Central.

You can find user feedback on Zermelo at http://www.ratingscentral.com/Letters.php.

THank you David Marcus!

Yes our association is now using Zermello, and it seems to be going very well. :up:

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 22:58 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
David Marcus wrote:

Hi David, we were just talking about this on the weekend. You do a great job doing what you do and I wonder why someone like the ITTF don't pay you good money to ensure that it keep running.

Our club uses the software each week for ratings and find it great to grade teams each year and determine players for representative teams. Takes all the ambiguity out of it.

You should also note that the posts above are from 2015 when we were all a bit new to it. We are much more aware of it now and know that its still being developed and supported.

Keep up the good work. :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 31 May 2017, 23:10 

Blade: Stiga Allround Classic
FH: Mark V
BH: Mark V
I did notice that the posts were from 2015, but I wanted to post an answer in case someone comes across them (as I just did).

I don't think the ITTF knows that we exist.

Thank you for the kind words. We do appreciate them. However, as it says on http://www.ratingscentral.com/SupportRatingsCentral.php, we also appreciate more tangible support.

David