OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 07 May 2024, 21:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2008, 10:57 
Rubber Killer!

Is this comp open for anyone? or is it specifically for Country/Country club players ?

I've heard of it before but I've had almost no luck in it.

Whens the NSW Open coming up? we should all gather there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2008, 13:27 
Super User

LawOCG wrote:
Is this comp open for anyone? or is it specifically for Country/Country club players ?...

Hi LawOCG

The TTNSW Country Regulations state as follows:
Quote:
INVITATIONAL AND ELIGIBILTY
As the original Country League included ACT, the activities of the Country League now
reflects that ACT is now recognised by TTA as a separate State. ACT is automatically
invited to participate in all NSW Country League activities including teams and individuals
events and tours
Former Country players will also be recognised as a country person if playing for a country
association, even if that person now resides in Sydney or interstate.
Sydney residents, registered with Country associations and participating and supporting in
their local leagues will also be eligible.
The Executive may at times “invite” others to participate, providing no country eligible
person or association is precluded. Those invited players may be deemed ineligible for
singles events

So if you could either register with one of the Country Teams (Central Coast, Nepean, Illawarra and all places further from Sydney) for the event, or you could be "invited" to play by the Executive. I suspect that this means that if the comp is not fully subscribed, then Sydney or interstate players would be allowed to make up numbers.

For further information see
http://www.ttnsw.org.au/Country/country%20regs%20approved.pdf

Last edited by andrefox on 13 Apr 2008, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2008, 14:20 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
poor_knight wrote:
andrefox wrote:
poor_knight wrote:
P.S. I don't play pips out anymore...I've given up my highly educational and interesting experiment and gone back to inverted both sides....should update my profile I guess...

So, what happened to the pips? Too frustrating perhaps?

I wanted to try it once, but truthfully it doesn't suit my temperament at all. I've finally given in to my base nature and gone for a OFF+ setup.

PK, I have an OFF++ setup with the Hurricane King and I just love to attack when I get the chance, but I use pips on the BH because it gives me the ability to do things that inverted just isn't as good at (like produce angles and spin that give the opponent headaches). Now if you are good at smashing on your backhand, pips may restrict that, although I am slowly trying to work that into the pips strokes as well (it just isn't as natural as my FH smash, but neither was it when I used double inverted). Anyway, just something for you to consider if you start to miss some of the things pips allowed you to do that inverted doesn't.

Cheers,

Reb.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2008, 11:46 
Super User

wow, that was a fantastic experience!
I didn't play that great but my match toughness and versatility has improved a lot, and I managed to win 4 gold and 1 silver medals in my 5 events! Finally, some hardware! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2008, 11:54 
Rotatus Maximus
Rotatus Maximus

What did you win? I was there some of the time, but couldn't play due to other commitments. My team won div 3, perhaps you played them?

Our best player, played with his family to beat ACT in the open div. Your 3 players were very good though. We don't have 3 players from here who could have done it.

Member of Anastasia's Fan Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2008, 13:44 
Super User

Yeah, it was amazing a winning team in division 1 all in one family! The grandpa sure can serve!

I was captain of ACT 5, and we were entered into division 5 competition which we won. I also won division 5 and 4 doubles, and division 5 singles. I reached the finals of division 4 singles.

It was a lot more fun than playing a normal tournament because you get to play so much table tennis and get to know your opponents more. Plus you represent your association so you spend as much time cheering for your teammates and friends as you do playing your own games.

I'll ask to be promoted to division 3 in Canberra next season and then come back for the NSW Country Championship in division 4 next year - and play in division 3 and 4 singles and doubles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2008, 10:38 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
Poor Knight wrote:
It was a lot more fun than playing a normal tournament because you get to play so much table tennis and get to know your opponents more. Plus you represent your association so you spend as much time cheering for your teammates and friends as you do playing your own games.

I played for Ballarat last week for the Victorian Country Week. Two and a half days of playing table tennis is great fun.

What more, the club sponsored each player $50.00 to help with hotel accomodation. So most of the players stayed at the "Bayview Hotel" and I paid $33.00 out of pocket for 2 nights stay at a very decent hotel.

This is my 2nd year playing at Country Week and it was good to see the same faces competing and catching up on what they've been doing. It's a very social event at the same time the rivalry is intense.

Out of the 8 groups that Ballarat sent, 4 ended up 1st place (including the prestigious A grade category), 2 ended up Runners-Up and 2 Did not Place.

I did win the Division D/E Women's Singles Championship Medal... It is great to cheer for your club members and everyone doing a good job competing and enjoying themselves.

So for all the members here in Australia that do belong to a Country Club, give the Country Week-End Table Tennis Tournament a go... once you try it out, you will be hooked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2008, 12:56 
Super User

$50 for helping with accommodation! Wow, that's sweet. I'll suggest it to the ACT table tennis association next year! :P