OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 568  Next
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 07:15 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

pgpg wrote:
pgpg wrote:

I was on a fence until I saw Brett's post/video. Ordered a couple (pretty sure one will break at some point...)

Much to my surprise it only took ~9 days to arrive to the US. Nice! Attached it to a kitchen dining table (my wife gave me a strange look, but did not kick me out of the house yet). Since dining table is not ITTF approved, I think ball sits lower than usual, but hey, promotes staying low, right? Fun fact - I missed 5 first swings while trying to brush the ball. Great...

Not getting kicked out of the house is really key here! Every table tennis play is always on a knife's edge, so it's great to get through these pivotal moments.

I actually don't care about hitting the ball and I also don't care that much about the spin factor. I see the device as a bridge between shadow swinging and training on the table. For me, the device is just a way to learn LTT79 & 80.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 07:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LTT81 and DTT15 are now available on ttEDGE.com

LTT81 is about using your hips on the backhand counter hit. I'd say it's a 9/10 important concept and it's one of the difference between elite and club players.

DTT15 is an extremely popular exercise among elite players.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 08:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 45
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80
Looks like TTEdge members got so excited with the new videos so that they brought the website down.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 08:22 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

fastmover wrote:
Looks like TTEdge members got so excited with the new videos so that they brought the website down.

The website is working fine and there has been no crashes. Might be your internet or try another browser.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 08:27 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Assumed it was because I was in Nigeria but seems likely that a major router that is usually connecting outsiders to Australia is down.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 08:32 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
I'd agree with that. Works in Oz with chrome but not Puffin as that is domiciled in Singapore. Overseas users may have problems.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 08:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:
Assumed it was because I was in Nigeria but seems likely that a major router that is usually connecting outsiders to Australia is down.

I just used a VPN to the States and it's unreachable there too.

For everyone who isn't living in Australia, there has never been a better time to move here. Spring is on the way, ttEDGE videos are readily available and we aren't very close to North Korea.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 11:04 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

NextLevel wrote:
pgpg wrote:
pgpg wrote:

I was on a fence until I saw Brett's post/video. Ordered a couple (pretty sure one will break at some point...)

Much to my surprise it only took ~9 days to arrive to the US. Nice! Attached it to a kitchen dining table (my wife gave me a strange look, but did not kick me out of the house yet). Since dining table is not ITTF approved, I think ball sits lower than usual, but hey, promotes staying low, right? Fun fact - I missed 5 first swings while trying to brush the ball. Great...

Don't think.of it as trying to graze the ball. Think of it more as trying to set your stroke trajectory to make the ball rotate.

This refers to the Huieson contraption?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 11:46 
Super User

Blade: custom bent handle
FH: mercury
BH: nik g1
Great video on the hips and the counter hit backhand. I assume you do the same but a much smaller motion for a backhand block??

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 12:08 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
iskandar taib wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
pgpg wrote:

Don't think.of it as trying to graze the ball. Think of it more as trying to set your stroke trajectory to make the ball rotate.

This refers to the Huieson contraption?

Iskandar

Yup - looks exactly like your picture.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 01:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I realize this is now the LTT series thread and not really the ETTS series any more, but I have a video update to ETTS06, serve recovery. My recovery is still crap. My problems with balance and third ball consistency all start with this. The video is two points from a tournament yesterday. I actually won this match 3 nil and was pretty psyched about it, but on video good Lord, I'm completely side-on to the table when the serve lands on my opponent's side. I've only been working on this five days a week for two effing years and I still don't turn my hips into the serve at all. Maybe that missing hip rotation is the link between this topic and the recent LTT vids.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 01:54 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
BRS wrote:
I realize this is now the LTT series thread and not really the ETTS series any more, but I have a video update to ETTS06, serve recovery. My recovery is still crap. My problems with balance and third ball consistency all start with this. The video is two points from a tournament yesterday. I actually won this match 3 nil and was pretty psyched about it, but on video good Lord, I'm completely side-on to the table when the serve lands on my opponent's side. I've only been working on this five days a week for two effing years and I still don't turn my hips into the serve at all. Maybe that missing hip rotation is the link between this topic and the recent LTT vids.

It's a hard knock life for us...

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 09:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

It's just fear of missing some serves while I adapt to a different motion.

Fear is the enemy. We think it is bad technique, but it is fear.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 09:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:
BRS wrote:

It's a hard knock life for us...

Using your hips on serves is coming up.

You were a bit side-on, but that's not so bad if you intended to play a forehand from anywhere.

I want ttEDGE to be more about member ETTS however there's still a lot of necessary LTT content.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2017, 09:21 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

maurice101 wrote:
Great video on the hips and the counter hit backhand. I assume you do the same but a much smaller motion for a backhand block??

Yes. If anyone can see you do it, you've probably gone too far. It may just feel like a tightening of your stomach muscles on the forward swing. A punch block will be more pronounced.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 158, 159, 160, 161, 162, 163, 164 ... 568  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!