OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 11:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 568  Next
PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 00:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
wilkinru wrote:
I also notice I'm not hitting the rubber in the best of spots. On the forehand I tend to hit the bottom of the blade (not the end). On the backhand I'm hitting very much at the end of the blade. Both are causing mishits a bit too often. It seems to be easier to fix the backhand on this. The new balls I've been using have lots of dust and show it off quite well.

Yeah, me too. In my case those dust spots are all over the blade face rather than in the middle, like with most people.

Iskandar

We did some classes for the rec players in Zero Beach, and I brought brand new training balls that were still super dusty. After fh hits some of them had the impact circles all clustered around the sweet spot, and other people's were random all over the place. All of them had been playing for at least a few years, basement style. Not sure what that means, if anything, but was surprised how big the differences were.

Yoko Ono

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 02:08 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Publish a list of potential topics so we can harass you even more!

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 14 May 2017, 12:51 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

BRS wrote:

We did some classes for the rec players in Zero Beach, and I brought brand new training balls that were still super dusty. After fh hits some of them had the impact circles all clustered around the sweet spot, and other people's were random all over the place. All of them had been playing for at least a few years, basement style. Not sure what that means, if anything, but was surprised how big the differences were.

It means someone players are tracking the ball and hitting the ball more consistently than others. My backhand used to have the cluster nearer to the tip of the blade and my forehand more on the middle - I think it was because I used to hit my forehand with a more open racket angle than my backhand. Since my racket angles on both sides are now more more open (probably because my blocking has influenced my looping), my backhand has shifted a bit downwards closer to the sweet spot but is is still sightly higher up the blade face than my forehand, but both look pretty consistent now.

The most important thing is a tight cluster (precision). The next thing it it at the center or closer to the tip. No one hits the exact same point on the blade for all their shots but loops and hits/blocks do tend to cluster. If I get the impression while hitting with someone that their contact is all over the place, I tell them to fix it.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 10:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

BRS wrote:
Brett Clarke wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
Ben and Brett, I love your videos!

Ben and Brett, you are behind schedule!!!!

I have students to coach who I need to deceive by stealing your infinite wisdom and experience and pretending I know something. It doesn't help when you leave me with nothing to steal for so long. I can't teach blocking forever you know! I mean, I even let students watch TTEdge videos before the lesson so they can pick up a thing or two. But only one - if they watch too many, then the game is up.

So hurry up, guys!

NextLevel, we are working hard. I practically have Benjamin Button living at my house these days. He's eating all my food between writing scripts and filming. The dude is seriously hungry!

I'm personally still working on the LTT Series whist Benjamin works on DTT. I think I'll have LTT64 out on Sunday/Monday EST. I'm hoping Button has DTT1 out tomorrow.

I feel you on content and apologize for the delay. I do have some really interesting stuff coming up in LTT. I would personally love to steal someone else's ideas and make some cash through private coaching though. It kinda sucks being a creator of original material as it's immensely time consuming.

You have food now?

I do. I store some of it at KFC, Burger King and the local pizza shop, but I now have my own fridge which has food items.

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 10:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:
Publish a list of potential topics so we can harass you even more!

No thanks

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 10:49 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

The art work below demonstrates the sweet-spot on a table tennis racket. It's much higher than the center and there are no exceptions. This is the area that wears out and you can visually see it on every top player's racket after a few week of playing with a rubber.

Attachment:
Terergy 05.png
Terergy 05.png [ 7.01 KiB | Viewed 2147 times ]

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 11:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

BRS wrote:

I suspect in my case it's eyesight. I've been told by an ophthalmologist that I don't have stereo vision (a result of having one short-sighted eye while growing up without glasses). Though I can "see" 3D movies in 3D just fine.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 11:57 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Brett Clarke wrote:
The art work below demonstrates the sweet-spot on a table tennis racket. It's much higher than the center and there are no exceptions. This is the area that wears out and you can visually see it on every top player's racket after a few week of playing with a rubber.

Attachment:
Terergy 05.png

Does it happen by coincidence or do they do drills like covering the lower part of the racket with newspaper? I find it weird that my back hand is almost always there even when I thought I really sucked and my forehand has never been quite there, even when it gets better. And as I use carbon blades these days, I am less precise and care less.

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 11:58 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

And by the way, Ben and Brett are still late.

PostPosted: 15 May 2017, 12:47 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Brett Clarke wrote:

Attachment:
Terergy 05.png

That's why they're top players and we're not.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 00:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 45
FH: DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: DHS Hurricane 8-80
Brett Clarke wrote:
I do. I store some of it at KFC, Burger King and the local pizza shop, but I now have my own fridge which has food items.

How can you stay that lean on such diet? I need a video on that.

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 11:05 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

This had better be awesome!

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 19:04 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

IT's alive! It's alive!!

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 19:37 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

IT's really funny how everyone is trying to help Big D break 2000 tomorrow with all these timely interventions...

PostPosted: 16 May 2017, 21:13 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LTT65 and DTT1 are both available on ttEDGE.com

Hopefully this will keep NextLevel off our backs for a few hours!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 123, 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, 129 ... 568  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!