OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:42

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391 ... 568  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 06:32 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
Sorry my comments were on your forehand loop. I didn't have any thing for your backhand.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 06:39 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:
Sorry my comments were on your forehand loop. I didn't have any thing for your backhand.

I'd say the majority of my issues were being lazy and not folding down enough. Not even close to enough. This happens when my body/leg is sore there, but I need to push through.
Just putting work in isn't enough. I need to do this stuff better. Doesn't need to be perfect, but better.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 09:26 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Yeah. You need someone who blocks well or feed good multiball and then you need to relax your loop so that it is slower with perfect form.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 21:29 

Hey all, I've been lurking here since I started 2 years ago, but only joined TTEdge Platinum 10 months ago. That was the best decision I've made - Brett you've given me direction where before there was little.

On Saturday I played a tournament and captured on video the first point I've ever played in competition that vaguely resembles what you guys talk about every day: backspin serve, FH loop, FH topspin, FH smash.

Granted it was 1 point in a day full of stumbling. And thanks to TTEdge I can recognize a ton of technical errors. But where there's 1 point there can be 2 or 3, today I feel hope for the first time in a while. You guys on this forum can claim lots of credit of helping me through the hard times. Thanks :)

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 22:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I don't really see a lot of technical errors. That was basically perfect and I would have been very happy to play that point.

You have come a long way since the last video I saw where you stood in a massive bh stance and couldn't play a fh at all because of it. Must have put in a lot of work.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 22:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:
Not much improvement but I have decided to take the painful step of pretending to hit the ball more like Ma Long close to the table. Unfortunately, my camera work yesterday was mostly terrible and I didn't have a lot of time to try stuff.

https://youtu.be/6UqGDFCjkS0?t=36

I'm getting not available on both your videos NL.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2019, 22:44 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

BRS wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
Not much improvement but I have decided to take the painful step of pretending to hit the ball more like Ma Long close to the table. Unfortunately, my camera work yesterday was mostly terrible and I didn't have a lot of time to try stuff.

I'm getting not available on both your videos NL.

Thanks. Fixed it.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 01:10 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

freakinjstu wrote:
Hey all, I've been lurking here since I started 2 years ago, but only joined TTEdge Platinum 10 months ago. That was the best decision I've made - Brett you've given me direction where before there was little.

On Saturday I played a tournament and captured on video the first point I've ever played in competition that vaguely resembles what you guys talk about every day: backspin serve, FH loop, FH topspin, FH smash.

Granted it was 1 point in a day full of stumbling. And thanks to TTEdge I can recognize a ton of technical errors. But where there's 1 point there can be 2 or 3, today I feel hope for the first time in a while. You guys on this forum can claim lots of credit of helping me through the hard times. Thanks :)

Welcome Brave Soul. You have leveled up in merely posting something of yourself playing. We need more players under 1800 to join in this party as they(we!) benefit the most.
Just consider the value of 1 more point by doing almost-good technique. Instead of down 6-8 serving, it's 7-7. Seems worth more than a $110 rubber.

BTW @BRS. You need to go back to Tenergy if you want to stay around 2000. This is obvious to me after using rubbers from you which are perfectly worn in.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 07:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

wilkinru wrote:
BTW @BRS. You need to go back to Tenergy if you want to stay around 2000. This is obvious to me after using rubbers from you which are perfectly worn in.

I'm glad you like the old tenergies. Equipment is not my problem. God, do I ever wish it was.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 08:21 

Blade: Acoustic
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
I think the backhand blocks look out of sync. Like you are focusing on moving the body rather than hitting the ball with the body. It's hard to explain what I mean. It's the right recipe just not quite put together correctly yet. This is to my untrained eye @ wilkinru.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 09:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Forget backhand blocks, check out my new fh block technique. I do this in practice all the time because I'm too lazy and old to step away from the ball and do a proper block. It works in matches too. I'm going to patent it as the BS Block.

https://youtu.be/HroWKF6LUV0

My ad tag line with this video will be "You can receive that bad, if you can block this good."

Yoko Ono

Last edited by BRS on 18 Jun 2019, 09:08, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 09:07 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

PS try doing some goofy crap like that with T05. I'll stick with my G1. Much better for swipey sliceys.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 09:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

FruitLoop wrote:
I think the backhand blocks look out of sync. Like you are focusing on moving the body rather than hitting the ball with the body. It's hard to explain what I mean. It's the right recipe just not quite put together correctly yet. This is to my untrained eye @ wilkinru.

I don't think I am trying to hit the ball with the body. I'm trying to block it back passively. I might even think of the fold as a shock absorber and then a little push after touching.

I'm sure my timing could be better, but for getting it on the table it's been working wonders for me.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 16:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

wilkinru wrote:
Editing is work.

This is funny.

I'd like to see slightly better arm structure on your backhand to ensure your body is firing the arm properly. We talked a bit about it in Florida. You need to have a C shape then hit the ball with your body.

Using a phone/tablet to record footage is the way to go. If you know what you are looking for, you can basically coach yourself in real time.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2019, 17:23 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NextLevel wrote:

The feeding technique is easily good enough for what is going on. Feeding basic multiball is worth money in the US because every single club player needs it. If you can add in some solid coaching, then you should be able to make a living from it. I'm sure you are qualified already.

I have no idea why you would want to feed short balls to the guy's backhand. It could be 100 years before he sees a real short ball in a proper match. For every short push he sees, he will have to deal with over 1 million long pushes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8509 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 385, 386, 387, 388, 389, 390, 391 ... 568  Next