OOAK Table Tennis Forum
http://ooakforum.com/

TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28641
Page 151 of 192

Author:  fastmover [ 13 Aug 2017, 09:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

I filmed this at the end of the practice when I was just randomly fooling around with different angles, spins and motions. I thought that I had some feeling for whip on the straight backspin serve. So I wanted to see what was going to happen if I add sidespin to it. That is why the serve looks the way it looks :) Looking forward to DTT12.

Author:  NextLevel [ 13 Aug 2017, 09:30 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

Breaking news! I have switched to using a reverse pendulum as my main serve. I think my backspin serve has made me fat and lazy.

Author:  Cobalt [ 13 Aug 2017, 10:09 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

NextLevel wrote:
Breaking news! I have switched to using a reverse pendulum as my main serve. I think my backspin serve has made me fat and lazy.
What's your typical play with this? Where do you serve? What do you get in return? What do you do with the 3rd ball?

I'm interested in serve/ 3rd ball patterns and tactics at the moment.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Author:  NextLevel [ 13 Aug 2017, 21:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

Cobalt wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
Breaking news! I have switched to using a reverse pendulum as my main serve. I think my backspin serve has made me fat and lazy.
What's your typical play with this? Where do you serve? What do you get in return? What do you do with the 3rd ball?

I'm interested in serve/ 3rd ball patterns and tactics at the moment.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk


I wish I was that deep. I just try to do a quality serve and gain the experience to play behind it.

I know everyone has been watching ERT videos but for me, it usually comes down to what my opponent is not returning well. That said, I think that my reverse serves are not as spinny as my pendulum or punch serves but I think that is a good thing. They are still spinny and low bouncing and the contrast will help a lot in matches I think. The reverse serve is also not easy to serve if you don't do it on a regular basis.

Author:  BRS [ 13 Aug 2017, 22:27 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

Do most of your opponents try to flick your reverse serves? That would be a major change in the pattern since I don't see many people flicking your straight backspin.

Author:  wilkinru [ 14 Aug 2017, 01:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

NextLevel wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
Breaking news! I have switched to using a reverse pendulum as my main serve. I think my backspin serve has made me fat and lazy.
What's your typical play with this? Where do you serve? What do you get in return? What do you do with the 3rd ball?

I'm interested in serve/ 3rd ball patterns and tactics at the moment.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk


I wish I was that deep. I just try to do a quality serve and gain the experience to play behind it.

I know everyone has been watching ERT videos but for me, it usually comes down to what my opponent is not returning well. That said, I think that my reverse serves are not as spinny as my pendulum or punch serves but I think that is a good thing. They are still spinny and low bouncing and the contrast will help a lot in matches I think. The reverse serve is also not easy to serve if you don't do it on a regular basis.


It does seem like the reverse does always bounce low. Sounds like you've found another way to get the easy ball. Against some people it's okay if they flick...as long as it isn't a strong flick. Getting that slow spinny high ball is just fine. The heavy fast flick to the corner or shoulder is not.

Author:  NextLevel [ 14 Aug 2017, 10:05 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

A premature but expected congrats to Big D who should be breaking 2000 at some point this week after some spectacular performances at the NJTTC giant round robin today. Big D had heavy spin saying "who below 2000 plays a shot like that?!?!" Forum members who know Big D and have played him as well as those who have seen me lose to him for the better part of 2 years know that Big D was just procrastinating as usual.

Congrats again. And if this is truly premature, there is always September... lol.

Author:  pgpg [ 14 Aug 2017, 10:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

NextLevel wrote:
A premature but expected congrats to Big D who should be breaking 2000 at some point this week after some spectacular performances at the NJTTC giant round robin today. Big D had heavy spin saying "who below 2000 plays a shot like that?!?!" Forum members who know Big D and have played him as well as those who have seen me lose to him for the better part of 2 years know that Big D was just procrastinating as usual.

Congrats again. And if this is truly premature, there is always September... lol.


Hope you don't jinx it... :P

Always nice to read about forum members breaking the 2000 barrier (or its non-US equivalent).

Author:  Brett Clarke [ 14 Aug 2017, 10:37 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

LTT78 and DTT12 are now available on ttEDGE.com

LTT78 is about making Ben's backhand more like a whip serve. DTT12 will teach you, the hard way, to serve short when it counts.

Author:  Brett Clarke [ 14 Aug 2017, 10:42 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

NextLevel wrote:
Breaking news! I have switched to using a reverse pendulum as my main serve. I think my backspin serve has made me fat and lazy.


You have a good understanding of the serve and I think it will add a new dimension to your game. You'll get more returns to your FH, so be ready.

I've personally never used the reverse pendulum as my main serve as I lacked control and guts. I always knew I'd take a hit on my results, so I played it safe.

Author:  Brett Clarke [ 14 Aug 2017, 10:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

pgpg wrote:
NextLevel wrote:
A premature but expected congrats to Big D who should be breaking 2000 at some point this week after some spectacular performances at the NJTTC giant round robin today. Big D had heavy spin saying "who below 2000 plays a shot like that?!?!" Forum members who know Big D and have played him as well as those who have seen me lose to him for the better part of 2 years know that Big D was just procrastinating as usual.

Congrats again. And if this is truly premature, there is always September... lol.


Hope you don't jinx it... :P

Always nice to read about forum members breaking the 2000 barrier (or its non-US equivalent).


Great stuff Dan!

Author:  big d [ 14 Aug 2017, 13:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

Thanks a lot everyone.
Especially to Nl and brett who've helped me so much with everything. Im actually winning points on my serves now :lol:

Author:  big d [ 14 Aug 2017, 13:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

These 3 (last 3) points sum up the day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QLEBtM7wxU (25.58)

My favorite moment off all my tt life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLn4ItdxmZ4 (19.47)

Author:  NextLevel [ 14 Aug 2017, 13:53 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

Brett Clarke wrote:
LTT78 and DTT12 are now available on ttEDGE.com

LTT78 is about making Ben's backhand more like a whip serve. DTT12 will teach you, the hard way, to serve short when it counts.


Looks like you came to the Chinese backhand...

Author:  Brett Clarke [ 14 Aug 2017, 15:41 ]
Post subject:  Re: TTEdge Executing Table Tennis Shots Series!

NextLevel wrote:
Brett Clarke wrote:
LTT78 and DTT12 are now available on ttEDGE.com

LTT78 is about making Ben's backhand more like a whip serve. DTT12 will teach you, the hard way, to serve short when it counts.


Looks like you came to the Chinese backhand...


After months of messing around with the stroke because of inconsistencies, this was the conclusion I came to. Take a look at Henzell's backhand from close range in LTT50. His forearm isn't really going past his elbow. Ben needs a bigger backswing imo and more wrist snap than forearm movement. I'm not sure if you call this a Chinese backhand or what, but that was the conclusion I can to after trying a lot of stuff. BTW, if Ben did actually have FZD's backhand, I wouldn't be unhappy. His backswing is still nowhere near big enough in LTT78.

Here is a real backswing against block

Attachment:
FZD against block.JPG
FZD against block.JPG [ 23.77 KiB | Viewed 472 times ]

Page 151 of 192 All times are UTC + 9:30 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/