OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 16:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: A New OOAK Ranking
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 16:16 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
A great start Reb... glad you started it so I'm not in the firing line. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would suspect that the following would probably rank higher, how much higher I don't know.

Lorre
Def-Attack
GrumpyJoe
MNNB

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 16:20 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
haggisv wrote:
A great start Reb... glad you started it so I'm not in the firing line. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chicken!!! :P

Being in the firing line, also means being in CONTROL - well ok, I do have to bow to some things like TT skill, rating systems and good wit and banter....but you know I love all that :up: :devil:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 16:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Def-attack wrote:
All swedish members (are we like 3 or so?) have a ranking if they are competing or playing in a league. If we can find a way to compare it to USATT or something else it would be nice. There should be a few players who has ranking both here and there, I hope? Any ideas of how to do that comparison?

I fitted you guys into the list based on videos I've seen D/A. Hopefully I'm not too far off the mark!

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 19:46 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Its interesting the level of players that are on the forum. Anyone from perhaps rokphish and above would be the club champion at our club. I've also found that at tournaments the level is quite high compared to clubs generally in that at my club I'm in the top 10% however at the couple of tournaments I've been too, I'm in the bottom 15%, same as this forum. For a second it gave me a reality check but on reflection I think generally the better players are also keenest and therefore the ones active both on forums and in tournaments.

Good job Reb, hopefully there is plenty of banter and controversy but everyone plays it with good fun and the right spirit.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2016, 20:12 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The knowledge and understanding of equipment often does not match up with the player level. We have many players who have a great eye and understanding of equipment, even though they may not (yet) be a high level players... and probably the other way around too.
Similarly some players have a great understanding of technique, and are great at explaining it to others and helping them with feedback, even though they may not be proficient at the techniques themselves.
The wide variety and experience levels we have here is perfect for being able to help just about any player at any level. :up: :up: :up:

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 00:30 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
well said :up:

i visit singapore once a year at least these last few years and frequently play there. this time around i'm going to ask the people i play with whether they have some kind of rating and compare my self with it. last time i played at 4 clubs during the three days in between doctors appointments.
i beat two of ittf appointed coaches (one of them was the adidas distributor for singapore playing at yishun sports hall), so i'm sure they should have a formal rating.

if i was having about 5 points advantage over someone who's 1650-1700 usatt rating, what should my level estimation be? 1750-1800?

i was involved in a local tt forum few years back and one of our big goal is to create and socialize indonesian tt rating. too bad it was a bust as the forum got broken up.

it's true i took semi retirement from tt when i got married, got tumor, and now with little baby... somewhere during it all i also changed my bh to pips out... but i can say confidently that i'm a much better player now than ever. so am looking forward to get another wood on you Reb! :devil: :devil:

regardless of ratings and levels, i certainly have a great time playing tt in other countries, meeting and playing with variety of people. so far the list is short: australia, china, hong kong, and singapore, but looking forward to add to that list in the near future.

my wife has been nagging me about taking her to visit other countries so within the next 5 years we're planning to go to: australia, japan, korea, europe, usa. only to major cities though, and perhaps only 2 or 3 out of the 5 within the next 5 years. so, just you guys wait for rokphish to come and visit! :D :D

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 01:07 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

rokphish2 wrote:
if i was having about 5 points advantage over someone who's 1650-1700 usatt rating, what should my level estimation be? 1750-1800?

it's true i took semi retirement from tt when i got married, got tumor, and now with little baby... somewhere during it all i also changed my bh to pips out... but i can say confidently that i'm a much better player now than ever. so am looking forward to get another wood on you Reb! :devil: :devil:

regardless of ratings and levels, i certainly have a great time playing tt in other countries, meeting and playing with variety of people. so far the list is short: australia, china, hong kong, and singapore, but looking forward to add to that list in the near future.

5 points over a 1700US every time...could rate you anything given that I'm sure there are 1700 players in the US who could do that to certain other 1700 players depending on locality and style. But, generally you'd say above 1800 at least. Very tough question, and I'll give you an example why from my last season in A1 on Thursdays. I played 2 guys who would be 2400-2500 US and rarely got less than about 7 points from them and took 2 sets from best of 7 from them. One of those guys was the Gold Medallist in the Australian Masters Games O30's for 2015 (no mean feat!!). I beat another 2 guys 4-2 and 4-3 who are easily 2200. This is in competition, not just a hit, so its fair dinkum. And I'd say I rate somewhere between 2050-2100 US these days as my best guess. But, if you took these results, you'd say I was more likely 2300 US. But I pretty sure I'm not. So what I'm saying is its tough to say what a consistent 5 point advantage means.

And yep, be stoked for you to come back and have another go at me, cos I think you might get a surprise as how much better my game is than you remember :lol: In those days, my BH had no weapons....not the case any more...and my whole game is meaner and trickier - I didn't even have Dtecs when I last played you. They add a big level of :devil: :devil: :devil:

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 01:30 
Hurricane Lover
Hurricane Lover

Blade: DHS Long 2
FH: Dianchi D
BH: Yinhe Pluto
great job!!!
enormous improvement these last few years for you!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
i'm only coming back to the forum a short while so missed a lot of happening with you guys...

about dtecs... played with several people using dtecs here and so far so good... :lol:

in any case, looks like you'll be giving me handicap points... hahaha...
i still have sometime to hone my lucky skills: nets and edges... :devil:

anyway, good to be back here...

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 07:25 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
TWO suggestions/observations on the ranking.

Move Jaspican a level below pgpg.

Well, let's go with one for now. :)

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 10:38 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
Great, one more rating/ranking list to obsess about :)

You can probably get rid of my RC number altogether, since it simply adds confusion. I only played ~6 matches in RC system last year, compared to around 120 in USATT tournaments and ~200 in our club league. As a result, my RC rating is way too low - it should be around 1300-1400 based on other folks I know locally. Just not enough tournaments here that use it.

Oh, and you probably can subtract ~100 points from my USATT number as well, just got back from a dreadful tournament, so there is that too.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 12:02 

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
I would rate pgpg 1400 RC minimum. He is prolly 1425ish or so.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 16:13 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Interesting! Seems to me that RC in the US doesn't come close to comparing to RC numbers in Australia. An RC of 1400 in Australia would equate to a solid 2100+ USATT. I guess this makes sense given the data in the different countries would come from different start points and influences. It might also mean different states in both Australia and US (and any other country using it) will end up with rankings that don't reflect the same actual skill levels.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 16:17 
Super User

rokphish2 wrote:
anybody travelling to indonesia? 8)

I was in Surabaya.... last December 2015

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 16:19 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

tobhik wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:

Hey Tobhik, haven't seen you in ages. Don't you live in Indonesia any more?

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2016, 16:33 
Super User

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
tobhik wrote:
rokphish2 wrote:

Hey Tobhik, haven't seen you in ages. Don't you live in Indonesia any more?

hahahaa... I am still in Indonesia.... I live in Depok the suburb area of Jakarta.

Surabaya where Rokphish lives is my hometown. Every 6 months I visit Surabaya for about a week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next