OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 05:08

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2016, 20:18 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
This new DVD sounds interesting!

http://sauerundtroeger.de/en/products/e ... nbibel-dvd

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2016, 23:28 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Looks interesting, but not $75-odd Aussie interesting :lol:

I have no assurance they would even teach me something new that I can implement.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2016, 19:08 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I went to his training camp in Germany about nine or ten years ago. I learned a lot. Specifically about how to play TTMaster Insider, which of course was later banned by those swines at the ITTF for no legitimate reason. I'd like to see what he's teaching now.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016, 20:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

It's out now... has anyone seen it yet?

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016, 09:35 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Review: Bible of Pimples - Sebastian Sauer

Quote:
Product Description
“A must for every player with pimples and antitop!”

Sebastian Sauer is probably the most successful German player using long pimples close to the table and, to be sure, the best coach in this area.

In the DVD he shows which techniques can be played with pimples (long and half-long) and antitop rubbers.

For example:
* Various techniques against balls without spin
* Various techniques against shots with backspin
* Blocking against topspin

Highlight: all techniques are also shown from a close position with super-slow-motion. You can have a look at them from different camera-positions. So you do not miss any detail and you will be able to play the techniques shown.

Duration: ca. 50 minutes

This DVD can also be watched on a computer
Languages with subtitles
(German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Korean, Japanese

My Review: The DVD is very good and delivers on what it promises. German language with English subtitles. There's also an accompanying booklet that discusses the various strokes in Spanish, French, Italian, Czech, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, but NOT English or German! I wish I could read the booklet.

About half the DVD deals with no-spin balls, which is great since that's what long pips blockers often have the most trouble with. I went to Sebastian's three-day LP training course eight years ago in Germany, so I am familiar with many of his techniques, but that was during the days of "TTMaster Insider" which is now banned (boo ITTF). This video is updated for today's rubbers. And it's really nice to see the strokes repeated in slow motion.

The whole video is shot with Sebastian using long pips (probably Hellfire). Topics cover various techniques long pimples players need to know against no-spin, topspin and underspin and will teach LP players to effectively deal with these shots.

If there's a Volume 2, I hope Sebastian covers serving with long pimples, receiving serve with long pimples, long pimples training drills, and game strategies for long pimples players.

All in all, I highly recommend "Bible of Pimples" as the best training tool available on techniques for long pimples players using OX pips at the table.

Note: The DVD is also advertised as covering antitop. Sebastian does comment on using slick antis on occasion, and while it's solid advice, there are no demonstrations using anti. From personal experience, playing with antis for me is quite a bit different than playing with long pimples, so I think anti players should wait for AA's training video specifically for slick antis, if he does one.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2016-08-23 19.41.57.png
Screenshot 2016-08-23 19.41.57.png [ 775.09 KiB | Viewed 3234 times ]
Screenshot 2016-08-23 19.23.27.png
Screenshot 2016-08-23 19.23.27.png [ 757.14 KiB | Viewed 3234 times ]

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016, 13:50 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I think the German title is better, the English one.. well, to a non-table tennis player, they'd think it had something to do with skin blemishes. I did a search for "bible of pimples" and this was one of the links that came up:

http://beautybible.com/qa/qa-skin/acne/

Surely "noppen" doesn't also mean "pimple" (i.e. the skin condition) in German also?? :lol: (I've always preferred "pips", myself..)

Iskandar

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016, 14:51 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Great review, thanks mynamenotbob, that's exactly what I wanted to know. :up: :up: :up: I've reserved one for myself now! :rock:

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 14:29 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
If Sauer and Troger are a partnership, it begs the question why Sauer did the DVD on his own?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016, 16:57 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Sauer was making his living presenting long pips training camps for many years before Sauer & Troeger was formed. This is basically the information from Sauer’s established curriculum.

Also, Troeger has a very different style, although they both play OX long pips near the table.

Both are great players and great guys. Hopefully their company will continue to be successful.

| My OOAK Interview

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2016, 00:54 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I'm not sure how much I would gain from it but I think I would really enjoy watching this, the price is way too high for me to actually buy it though.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2016, 02:04 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
mynamenotbob wrote:

All in all, I highly recommend "Bible of Pimples" as the best training tool available on techniques for long pimples players using OX pips at the table.

I assume it should be valuable for non-OX LP players, true?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2016, 18:41 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
It would be interesting to know what he plays with nowadays (and Pascal for that matter), if they really play with their own stuff or not, especially the blades. I think that Sauer played with a pretty fast balsa blade before if I'm not mistaken and a change to something like the Dominate ALL is a pretty big change. After talking to them a bit last year Sauer seemed pretty favourable towards Easy P compared to Hellfire for a game like his own.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2017, 00:11 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
haggisv wrote:
Great review, thanks mynamenotbob, that's exactly what I wanted to know. :up: :up: :up: I've reserved one for myself now! :rock:

Hi haggisv,

Did you get the dvd? What did you think?

Thanks

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5