OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 00:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 02:33 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Def-attack wrote:
I am well aware of the problem, many in my club does not like syntethic but cutton simply isn't good if you sweat. It keeps the moisture and makes you cold and it gets heavy. I have a few with some cotton and some other material but they rarely transport moisture much better than all cotton. (I assume you meant all Polyester)
In my club we just changed yo Yasaka Lynx or Leo shirts. They feel very nice to your skin (even nipples :) ) and almost never feels wet. They keep their shape very good even after many washes. The best shirt I have ever tried. I like the Leo more than Lynx but they are pretty much the same. Only downside - the price :(
http://www.yasaka.se/products/shirt-leo/
http://www.yasaka.se/products/shirt-lynx/

You can buy here http://www.ttex.se/en/sweatshirts/5254- ... -blue.html

Those are GREAT! I love the look of them. I think that Blue and Red are over done. But yes, they are a bit pricey. I would like a black or charcoal shirt.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 03:04 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
Japsican wrote:
GMan, you mention those BTY shirts, are they expensive? I kind of don't want to spend more than 40 bucks, I'd like to spend around 30 if it's possible.

I have a few BTY shirts given to me by the club for buying the 1 year membership. I don't know how much the club normally sells them for.

I have a few that I picked up from aliexpress. All of them were under $15 each but a couple were fake. I think I know how to distinguish the real ones from the fake ones now should you choose to go that route.

Were you thinking about $30-$40 to outfit the whole team or for each shirt?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 03:43 

GMan4911 wrote:
Japsican wrote:
GMan, you mention those BTY shirts, are they expensive? I kind of don't want to spend more than 40 bucks, I'd like to spend around 30 if it's possible.

I have a few BTY shirts given to me by the club for buying the 1 year membership. I don't know how much the club normally sells them for.

I have a few that I picked up from aliexpress. All of them were under $15 each but a couple were fake. I think I know how to distinguish the real ones from the fake ones now should you choose to go that route.

Were you thinking about $30-$40 to outfit the whole team or for each shirt?

I was thinking 30 or under for each shirt...but if you found some cool shirts on Aliexpress, we could do that, but might not get those until after next season :lol: . The problem with Aliexpress is sizing. It'd be nice to be able to reaturn some if someone ends up being fatter than we thought. :D

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 04:41 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
I was thinking 30 or under for each shirt...but if you found some cool shirts on Aliexpress, we could do that, but might not get those until after next season :lol: . The problem with Aliexpress is sizing. It'd be nice to be able to reaturn some if someone ends up being fatter than we thought. :D

Take a look at the shirts here http://www.prott.cc/Product-List.aspx?producttype=28
The prices are pretty good, even with DHL shipping. Shipping is $21 for 5 shirts. They can even print names, logos, and flags for $2 each per shirt. The prices are low enough that I wouldn't bother returning any if they don't fit. You could probably make a little profit reselling them to people at the club.

As far as sizing, I have a few 3XL and they fit well. I have a few of the 4XL (the largest available) as well, and they are only slightly larger. Not a whole lot of difference, just a little looser around the chest. The difference in size between 3XL and 4XL is only 2cm, or less than an inch. If you like your shirts a little looser, get the 4XL. For reference, my team shirt was a Large and it was more snug than I like.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 05:01 

GMan4911 wrote:
Take a look at the shirts here http://www.prott.cc/Product-List.aspx?producttype=28
The prices are pretty good, even with DHL shipping. Shipping is $21 for 5 shirts. They can even print names, logos, and flags for $2 each per shirt. The prices are low enough that I wouldn't bother returning any if they don't fit. You could probably make a little profit reselling them to people at the club.

As far as sizing, I have a few 3XL and they fit well. I have a few of the 4XL (the largest available) as well, and they are only slightly larger. Not a whole lot of difference, just a little looser around the chest. The difference in size between 3XL and 4XL is only 2cm, or less than an inch. If you like your shirts a little looser, get the 4XL. For reference, my team shirt was a Large and it was more snug than I like.

4XL? What, are these Pigmy-sizes? I'm a Large in US clothing. If I wear a 4 XL, I look like I have a Moo Moo on.

Or do these sizes run really small?

Those are actually quite nice looking. They're fakes?

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 05:14 

Ohhhh I like the look of these:

Now I've gone from shirts that aren't plastic feeling to shirts that will surely be plastic feeling but look cool! :lol: 8) :oops:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 05:24 
Super User

Japsican wrote:
4XL? What, are these Pigmy-sizes? I'm a Large in US clothing. If I wear a 4 XL, I look like I have a Moo Moo on.

The sizes are Asian sizes. I'm a US Large as well so if your team shirt was a Large, then a 3XL will fit fine, but not as snug as our team shirt. Next time I see you, I'll wear one of my 4XL so you can see how it looks. Not like a Moo Moo at all.

Quote:

Some of them are. As far as I can tell, the fake ones don't have a BTY tag in the lower left hip area. For all I know, they still could be fake, just better quality fakes.

Those Liebherr shirts are actually the Butterfly German National Team shirts. I have one in this style:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 05:29 

GMan4911 wrote:
Japsican wrote:

The sizes are Asian sizes. I'm a US Large as well so if your team shirt was a Large, then a 3XL will fit fine, but not as snug as our team shirt. Next time I see you, I'll wear one of my 4XL so you can see how it looks. Not like a Moo Moo at all.

Quote:

Some of them are. As far as I can tell, the fake ones don't have a BTY tag in the lower left hip area. For all I know, they still could be fake, just better quality fakes.

Those Liebherr shirts are actually the Butterfly German National Team shirts. I have one in this style:

Yep, I love the gray and green ones. I've always like the look of the German shirts...looks almost Soccer club-ish.

I wonder if we could get blank german shifts, without the Liebherr, and replace that with our team name and club. I know we can put our name on it.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 05:52 
Super User

I think the Liebherr shirts are fake. I don't see the BTY tag on the left hip. Even so, the fake shirts I have do use the moisture-wicking fabric and they're not bad, I'm not sure if I would consider them feeling like a "plastic bag". Could be a personal thing.

Don't know if the shirts are available without the "Liebherr" or the other sponsor names. I've never seen them without but you could ask them...

Last edited by GMan4911 on 23 Jun 2016, 18:43, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 15:52 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmpf... So you can get the shirt with Timo Boll written on the back? :lol: Reminds me of one of the more recent popular fashion trends on the street around here - the Football Jersey (most of which, naturally enough, are probably knockoffs). Normally someone would pay YOU to advertise their products, but in this case you have to pay THEM (quite large sums of money) to advertise THEIR products. Still, at least for a while, you can pretend you're Lionel Messi or Wayne Rooney... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 22:37 

iskandar taib wrote:
Hmpf... So you can get the shirt with Timo Boll written on the back? :lol: Reminds me of one of the more recent popular fashion trends on the street around here - the Football Jersey (most of which, naturally enough, are probably knockoffs). Normally someone would pay YOU to advertise their products, but in this case you have to pay THEM (quite large sums of money) to advertise THEIR products. Still, at least for a while, you can pretend you're Lionel Messi or Wayne Rooney... :lol:

Iskandar

Well, I think you can get any name you want...the idea being you'd but your name on it.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2016, 01:58 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Oh OK.. I didn't notice that - you aren't buying ready-made shirts with "Timo Boll" on the back, but you can get your name instead. I suppose it's also true with some of those football jerseys, but you DO see a lot of people walking around with "Rooney" (and his number) on the back of theirs.

Iskandar