OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 02:10 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
All,

Any advice on a TT shirt that looks decent, but has a feel that isn't quite so....synthetic? I typically play in Addidas Climalite "Ultimate Tee" shirts (or similar) that have cotton blended in to the shirt. Looking at the shirts I use, they are 15% and 30% cotton respectively. Both are of the "wicking" variety.

I want to spruce up the Team Uniform for next season as our T-shrits, while the logo is nice, are kind of sad looking.

Any suggestions would be nice.

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 02:33 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Why not just get some nice cotton Fruits-of-the-Loom from Michael's, and take them to one of those embroidery logo shops? Or there should be all sorts of T-shirts with collars you can get at the local Wal-Mart that should wear nicely that would work, given the same treatment...

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 02:33 
Call me Shrek!
Call me Shrek!

Blade: Dr Neubauer High Tec Plus
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Tibhar Hybrid K3
Japsican wrote:
All,

Any advice on a TT shirt that looks decent, but has a feel that isn't quite so....synthetic? I typically play in Addidas Climalite "Ultimate Tee" shirts (or similar) that have cotton blended in to the shirt. Looking at the shirts I use, they are 15% and 30% cotton respectively. Both are of the "wicking" variety.

I want to spruce up the Team Uniform for next season as our T-shrits, while the logo is nice, are kind of sad looking.

Any suggestions would be nice.

I like the Under Armour Heatgear - very comfortable and cool. Also Nike Drifit - very similar feel

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 02:34 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I used to wear all cotton stuff, but have converted to synthetic materials now, and don't find that they feel too plasticy.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 02:48 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
I'm not a fan of the shirts used the past season - not quick drying enough. I think it was a poly-cotton blend.

Not all 100% poly shirts feel good but I have a few Butterfly 100% poly shirts that I like. Problem is being able to get them cheap or easily.

As an alternative, maybe take a look at the Nordictrack shirts available at sears. Since they're local, you can try them out to see if you like how they feel.

http://www.sears.com/search=nordictrack?storeOrigin=Sears&filterList=storeOrigin&sortOption=PRICE_LOW_TO_HIGH&catalogId=12605&unitNo=0001814&storeId=10153&levels=Clothing,%20Shoes%20%26%20Jewelry_Clothing

Some of the Performance Polo shirts look pretty decent and are inexpensive.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 02:50 

iskandar taib wrote:
Why not just get some nice cotton Fruits-of-the-Loom from Michael's, and take them to one of those embroidery logo shops? Or there should be all sorts of T-shirts with collars you can get at the local Wal-Mart that should wear nicely that would work, given the same treatment...

Iskandar

That's kind of what we did, and they're servicable, but I want to spruce up the uni's. I want a traditional TT shirt but with cotton...if they make anything like that.

Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 03:00 

GMan4911 wrote:
Not all 100% poly shirts feel good but I have a few Butterfly 100% poly shirts that I like. Problem is being able to get them cheap or easily.

I have searched High and Low for a 100% Synthetic shirt that does not feel terrible. It doesn't exist...not for me. Can you say, "Nipple Rub?"

Just not a fan. For me, it has to be at least 15% cotton. I agree that the shirts we used did not wick enough, and I'd bet the cotton percentage was much higher than 15%.

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 03:20 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate II
FH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
BH: Xiom Ω VII Asia Max
Japsican wrote:
Can you say, "Nipple Rub?"

Nipple pasties. Problem solved. :rofl:

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 03:52 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
I simply take running t-shirts from the races I participated in (not cotton, these act like sandpaper when wet!) : they have good moisture wicking and do not scratch much (otherwise no one would buy them). Pretty much anything from Adidas, Asics, Nike, Mizuno etc. from a local running store will be great. If nipple rub is an issue (it is in long distance running) - just tape them down with a bandaid.

I also had decent success with soccer jerseys, I think they look cool :).

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 05:00 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
These are a bit pricier (though there's also usually some good stuff on sale), but I love these Icebreaker shirts made of Merino wool (http://www.icebreaker.com/en/mens-tshirts), because they are all natural, keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter, stay very dry and don't even need to be washed after every time I play TT (or do anything else active) because odors don't stick to them. Highly recommend them. (I have no stake in this company, though I love their products.)

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 06:36 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Japsican wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:

Iskandar

That's kind of what we did, and they're servicable, but I want to spruce up the uni's. I want a traditional TT shirt but with cotton...if they make anything like that.

"Traditional TT shirt" - :lol: you mean like what Butterfly et al. sell? Or like what the Chinese National Team wear? I find this amusing because until, oh, I forget when - the late 1990s? the rules for table tennis wear was VERY strict - single, solid dark colors ONLY, the only white (or bright colors allowed) was on a small logo on the front, there were rules about how big this logo could be. Butterfly et al. sold shirts compliant with these rules - if you look at old catalogs you'll see dark colored collared T-shirts with little Butterfly (or other) logos above or on the breast pocket.

Go back even further - to the 1940s and 1950s - and you'll find photos of people wearing suitably dark 3 button-up shirts with bow ties - I kid you not - with long dress pants. I recall seeing photos of people wearing 3 piece SUITS playing international matches....

Iskandar

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 16:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Japsican wrote:
GMan4911 wrote:

I have searched High and Low for a 100% Synthetic shirt that does not feel terrible. It doesn't exist...not for me. Can you say, "Nipple Rub?"

Just not a fan. For me, it has to be at least 15% cotton. I agree that the shirts we used did not wick enough, and I'd bet the cotton percentage was much higher than 15%.

I am well aware of the problem, many in my club does not like syntethic but cutton simply isn't good if you sweat. It keeps the moisture and makes you cold and it gets heavy. I have a few with some cotton and some other material but they rarely transport moisture much better than all cotton.
In my club we just changed yo Yasaka Lynx or Leo shirts. They feel very nice to your skin (even nipples :) ) and almost never feels wet. They keep their shape very good even after many washes. The best shirt I have ever tried. I like the Leo more than Lynx but they are pretty much the same. Only downside - the price :(
http://www.yasaka.se/products/shirt-leo/
http://www.yasaka.se/products/shirt-lynx/

You can buy here http://www.ttex.se/en/sweatshirts/5254- ... -blue.html

PostPosted: 22 Jun 2016, 22:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
I have a few Andro shirts, and some Butterfly ones, and Adidas. These are the main 3 types I wear, and they are go pretty well. In high heat, I like my Adidas sleeveless shirts as I feel restricted around the shoulders. When the weather cools down that restricted feeling magically disappears :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 02:09 

GMan4911 wrote:
Japsican wrote:
Can you say, "Nipple Rub?"

Nipple pasties. Problem solved. :rofl:

:D :rofl: :lol: :D :rofl: :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2016, 02:16 

pgpg wrote:
I simply take running t-shirts from the races I participated in (not cotton, these act like sandpaper when wet!) : they have good moisture wicking and do not scratch much (otherwise no one would buy them). Pretty much anything from Adidas, Asics, Nike, Mizuno etc. from a local running store will be great. If nipple rub is an issue (it is in long distance running) - just tape them down with a bandaid.

I also had decent success with soccer jerseys, I think they look cool :).

Haha maybe I should clarify a bit. I like sports shirts (Climalite are my favorite) and use some that are either blends. I thought about it, and my Asics running shirt is all poly and it's actually quite nice. REAL light, but quite nice. But I think I'd still want a TT shirt with a collar so we can intimidate the other teams with our good looks.

GMan, you mention those BTY shirts, are they expensive? I kind of don't want to spend more than 40 bucks, I'd like to spend around 30 if it's possible.