OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 19:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017, 21:47 

Blade: Ovcharov Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05 fx
Sirs,
I want to know the substitues for Tenergy 05 and 05fx.
Please share me your suggrstions.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2017, 23:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

This has got to be one of the more discussed topics when it comes to rubbers and you should have done some searching before starting a new thread. You might want to start here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15710

Of course, for sheer number of separate threads on a common subject, nothing beats "I am a beginner - please suggest a blade and rubbers."

:lol:

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017, 15:43 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
I suggest a cocaine habit. Costs a similar amount, and the effect wears off about as quickly.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2017, 17:27 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Donic Baracuda Big Slam
BH: Victas Triple Regular
A touch harsh fellas, funny though.

Oscar, what level are you and what do you seek in rubber. What is your style and where do you play?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 07:00 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
OK - sensible answer. Point by point.

Tenergy is a great rubber, used by great players. It has certain properties, but it's by no means the best rubber in the world. Many people use Tenergy because they're sponsored by Butterfly. Many people copy the people sponsored by Butterfly, so they also use Tenergy. It's not a magic pill. At the top of the game there are poeple using both Donic and Tibhar - Bluefire/storm and MX-P respectively. These are clearly good enough for professional players - they're a bit cheaper, and have less of a cult following.

Most rubbers like Donic, Andro, Tibhar etc are made in the same factory. They have subtle differences - sponge colour, quality control perhaps, but for all but the very very best players, your body will compensate in hours, and you could use them interchangably.

There's a new range of rubbers all made in the same factory in Japan - Nexy Karis, TSP Regalis, Stiga Mantra - they're all similar, and all also perfectly good alternatives to Tenergy, for a little bit less.

Alternatively, you can use Chinese rubber. People will tell you this is radically different from 'European' rubbers, and requires a 'Chinese' stroke. Personally I'm skeptical. Sure, they feel different. Slightly. They're made differently, and the rubber is different. But it's just a table tennis rubber. I borrowed my son's bat the other day for an exercise - it's basic 729FX in max on both sides, on a Chinese all-round bat. Took about 60 seconds for me to adjust, and then I could do the exercise just as well as I could with my own bat.

So ask yourself why you're asking the question? Do you want a rubber that will allow you to play table tennis at a decent level? Easy: pick anything. Do you want something with 'amazing professional performance'? Actually that's down to you, not the equipment, but Donic Bluestorm or Tibhar MX-P are probably the top alternatives being used by pro players.

Do you want to spend a lot of money? Buy Tenergy. Or better, spend the next two years trying out rubbers that are substantially the same, learning nothing from it, and spending more than you'd have spent if you decided to buy Tenergy and replace it every three to six months.

Do you want to spend as little as possible? Pick a common Chinese rubber - Yinhe Mercury, 729FX, Palio Whatever, buy from ttnpp, and feel smug about the money you saved.

All of these are fine substitutes. Good luck.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2017, 22:04 

Blade: Ovcharov Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05 fx
Cobalt wrote:
A touch harsh fellas, funny though.

Oscar, what level are you and what do you seek in rubber. What is your style and where do you play?

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2017, 06:15 

Blade: Viscaria FL
FH: BlueStar A2, black max
BH: Bluestorm Pro, red max
From my experience, if you're looking for a rubber on a budget, get a Palio AK-47. A great tensor like rubber with a lot of spin and speed for its price. If you're looking for something a bit better and don't mind paying quite a bit more, I'd recommend MX-P which is pretty much on par with tenergy if not better. Also, MX-P rubbers are made in Japan.