OOAK Table Tennis Forum


A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Oct 2017, 07:44


Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 20:04 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3179
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 368 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
I wonder, going by my first couple of points and maybe a couple of the other better points which I lost, where I would rank in the OOAK ranking list? :P


Probably between Hewey and Dewey, but way above adham. :D

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!


Top
 Profile  
 

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2017, 20:20 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:36
Posts: 353
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
I wonder, going by my first couple of points and maybe a couple of the other better points which I lost, where I would rank in the OOAK ranking list? :P


Probably between Hewey and Dewey, but way above adham. :D

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 00:13 
Offline
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014, 13:38
Posts: 1798
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 332 times
Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Secret Flow Chop (1.5mm)
BH: FL3 (1.3)/P-1R (1.5) Test
I'd put you above Lorre easily. :P :lol:

Honestly, I'd say somewhere around 1900-2000 USATT. But really hard to say as video means nothing and Ruwen wasn't exactly playing normal.

_________________
Blog: "Holy Chtchet!"Rating: 1615

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 00:41 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:36
Posts: 353
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Japsican wrote:
I'd put you above Lorre easily. :P :lol:

Honestly, I'd say somewhere around 1900-2000 USATT. But really hard to say as video means nothing and Ruwen wasn't exactly playing normal.


At my best I'd have around 1200 table tennis england ranking points so I don't know what that would equate to in USATT.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 02:44 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3179
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 368 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
ridderz65 wrote:
At my best I'd have around 1200 table tennis england ranking points so I don't know what that would equate to in USATT.


Looking at this comparison table - http://ttcdriveoostende.be/tornooi%202017/vergelijkingstabel%202017.pdf - you're my rating then. Seeing you play I suspect that's the case. It's +-2100 USATT.

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2017, 03:05 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:36
Posts: 353
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 27 times
Lorre wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
At my best I'd have around 1200 table tennis england ranking points so I don't know what that would equate to in USATT.


Looking at this comparison table - http://ttcdriveoostende.be/tornooi%202017/vergelijkingstabel%202017.pdf - you're my rating then. Seeing you play I suspect that's the case. It's +-2100 USATT.

Thank you that's good to know. I've always wondered what my USATT rating could be. I need to try and meet with an OOAK member for a game!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2017, 03:29 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 07:10
Posts: 112
Location: Yorkshire
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: SpinLord Waran
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Lorre wrote:
I need to try and meet with an OOAK member for a game!


Your wish is my command.

_________________
Previous Setups: -
Setup1: Blade: TSP Balsa All+FH: SpinLord Waran 2.0 BH: Lion Claw ox
Setup2: Blade: TSP Balsa All+ FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: Tenergy 05 max
Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2017, 05:08 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3179
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 368 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
v02man wrote:
Lorre wrote:
I need to try and meet with an OOAK member for a game!


Your wish is my command.


Wrong quotation! ;)

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 27 Aug 2017, 05:36 
Offline
Senior member

Joined: 10 Nov 2013, 07:10
Posts: 112
Location: Yorkshire
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 12 times
Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: SpinLord Waran
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
Lorre wrote:
v02man wrote:
Lorre wrote:
I need to try and meet with an OOAK member for a game!


Your wish is my command.


Wrong quotation! ;)



????

_________________
Previous Setups: -
Setup1: Blade: TSP Balsa All+FH: SpinLord Waran 2.0 BH: Lion Claw ox
Setup2: Blade: TSP Balsa All+ FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: Tenergy 05 max
Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 29 Aug 2017, 01:24 
Offline
Joo Too
Joo Too
User avatar

Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 18:31
Posts: 3179
Location: Dendermonde, Belgium
Has thanked: 800 times
Been thanked: 368 times
Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 Soft R
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.5 B
v02man wrote:
????


I didn't write that I need to try and meet with an OOAK member for a game. Ridderz did.

_________________
There's always stuff to improve!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2017, 04:29 
Offline
Super User
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 09:24
Posts: 319
Location: Universe
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 19 times
ridderz65 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
I suppose Tenergy comes "boosted" already, in any case.. I wonder if Boll's sheets come boosted to a greater degree then.. :lol:

Iskandar


From what I could gather, Butterfly do make special Tenergy for Boll, pre boosted. So he himself doesn't actually do it, but Butterfly do it for him.


BTF had never boosted Tenergy nor any other rubbers, as they consider the boosting to be "unfair practice" and some indecency.

Timo Ball stated not once he always receive unboosted products from Butterfly, the same product you can now get from any shop.
Yes, Dima boosting heavily on his Hurricane rubbers. Some disgrace practice, anyway...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2017, 05:08 
Offline
Super User

Joined: 22 Apr 2014, 03:36
Posts: 353
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 27 times
v02man wrote:
Lorre wrote:
I need to try and meet with an OOAK member for a game!


Your wish is my command.


If this is who I think it is, I won 3-0 ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Sep 2017, 03:22 
Offline
Full member

Joined: 02 May 2017, 11:49
Posts: 82
Location: CT, USA
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 19 times
Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: DHS Hurricane 8
BH: TSP Curl P1-R 1.0
igorponger wrote:
ridderz65 wrote:
iskandar taib wrote:
I suppose Tenergy comes "boosted" already, in any case.. I wonder if Boll's sheets come boosted to a greater degree then.. :lol:

Iskandar


From what I could gather, Butterfly do make special Tenergy for Boll, pre boosted. So he himself doesn't actually do it, but Butterfly do it for him.


BTF had never boosted Tenergy nor any other rubbers, as they consider the boosting to be "unfair practice" and some indecency.

Timo Ball stated not once he always receive unboosted products from Butterfly, the same product you can now get from any shop.
Yes, Dima boosting heavily on his Hurricane rubbers. Some disgrace practice, anyway...


What is the "tension effect" in normal store-bought Tenergy if not the result of factory boosting a la DHS's "Neo" sponge, Gambler Outlaw, etc? I don't see how you're going to put tension between the topsheet and the sponge without making one of them expand or contract relative to the other after sticking them together.

_________________
Seeking joy and fitness in recreational modern defense.
My blog: "Two rubbers, one racket"
Kill the game against long Pimps with Coach Li!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2



All times are UTC + 9:30 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright 2012 OOAK Table Tennis Forum. The information on this site cannot be reused without written permission.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group




Don't forget to 'LIKE' our forum on Facebook if you enjoy the content: