OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:18

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2017, 16:17 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
It's a valid point Isk. A grade is usually the top grade of a competition, but the level of the competition can vary greatly from place to place. I have played "A" grade since 2010, but we have 5 divisions of A grade on Mondays and Thursdays. I've risen from A5 to A2 on Mondays in that time and from A4 to A1 on Thursdays. The amount of spin you deal with from top A grade down to bottom A grade is huge. In country areas the A grade can contain a range of players that could fit into 3 or 4 divisions at a club like mine and might only have the top players fit into 2nd or 3rd division. So it does help to know something like the Ratings Central ratings or something to give an indication of the level and hence the spin being faced.

You're also talking about FORMAL "A Grade" competition. The term could also be used in an informal way - among a group of basement players, for instance, who think they're pretty good, as opposed to the group that shows up at 11, which aren't as good. I was interested in finding out if this was formal (league?) completion, some sort of club ladder, or even if there was a formal club involved. Hardbat players are a fairly rare breed, too.. the really good ones are the ones who CHOOSE to use hardbat over sponge, in general competition (rather than in hardbat only contests), and know its advantages and disadvantages over sponge.

While pretty much all bats react to spin in some degree, reading some of the older posts involving frictionless pips and anti, there are people who claim the rubber they were using (or WERE using before the ban.. :lol: ) were totally insensitive to spin, and allowed them to totally ignore incoming spin. I've never played with the things, so I've absolutely no personal experience with them.

Iskandar

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!