OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Mastering topspin
PostPosted: 26 Dec 2017, 09:13 

Blade: Stiga all-round classic
FH: 729 Transcend
BH: LKT Rapidsound
For forehand:
First of all, I have to master weight transfer. I missed that point when was learning drive stroke. Now i't obvious, that drive's only(main) purpose is to master weight transfer during stroke)
That's what you were talking about, that my arm goes before my body. Also I noticed that sometimes ONLY my hand do the job. I conclude, that's all because of incorrect work of legs/hip.

For back hand:
Move racket to ready position faster. Use body as a bow to "load" the ball with more power and spin. Also it seems like I need to practice this stroke more, because I can't fix the ball, so hit it every time in different position. And I was told, that I should move my hand more forward than to the right. Should check this out too.

Also I will try to keep comfortable position of my body to stay relaxed before and after a stroke. I believe it will be possible after I correct my lower-parts(hip and legs) work.
Plus I really need to boost my legs. I lack physical strength and endurance. And even more, I found video about foot patterns, to make moves as minimal as it should be and as fast as it can be. Gonna work on it as well, but after the Holidays.

Regards,
Ami

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2017, 16:06 
003 Style Master
003 Style Master

Blade: Donic Waldner Senso V1
FH: Victas VS401
BH: Victas Triple Regular
Ami00 wrote:
For forehand:
First of all, I have to master weight transfer. I missed that point when was learning drive stroke. Now i't obvious, that drive's only(main) purpose is to master weight transfer during stroke)
That's what you were talking about, that my arm goes before my body. Also I noticed that sometimes ONLY my hand do the job. I conclude, that's all because of incorrect work of legs/hip.

For back hand:
Move racket to ready position faster. Use body as a bow to "load" the ball with more power and spin. Also it seems like I need to practice this stroke more, because I can't fix the ball, so hit it every time in different position. And I was told, that I should move my hand more forward than to the right. Should check this out too.

Also I will try to keep comfortable position of my body to stay relaxed before and after a stroke. I believe it will be possible after I correct my lower-parts(hip and legs) work.
Plus I really need to boost my legs. I lack physical strength and endurance. And even more, I found video about foot patterns, to make moves as minimal as it should be and as fast as it can be. Gonna work on it as well, but after the Holidays.

Regards,
Ami
Sounds good. Remember when practising something, make just one thing your focus for the session. You might have several session in one practice but don't try do it all at once as it's all easily watered down.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2018, 16:03 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

About this pausing at the end of the backswing thing... apparently it applies as much to chops as it does to loops! I was watching this video on another thread:

In this video, it's chopper vs. chopper - at any given time one takes on the role of looper and the other will chop. Since the balls come back slower than in a counter-looping rally or in a multiball exercise, one can very clearly see that neither player pauses at the end of the backswing. The stroke (be it loop or chop) is one continuous movement. And they don't begin the backswing until the returning shot is well over the net as a result. Both also very obviously pause after executing each stroke.

Iskandar