OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 10:02 

Blade: Nittaku Ludeack
FH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
BH: Hurricane 3 Neo
Excluding FZD, who is really a veteran already.

On Chinese forums, lots of people are calling on NOT selecting Lin Gaoyuan anymore, since he always beats his teammates and lose to foreigners. He's a lost cause.

I don't disagree.

The latest generation of Xue Fei/Wang Chuqin/Liu Dingshuo show nothing really outstanding against other foreign players, and lose often. The way it's going now, it really looks like China will lose some men's medals eventually.

I suspect the main problem is this generation play too much like other players. All 3 above play an aggressive BH-dominant game without fine short balls/control. The bigger and non-spinny ball exacerbates it. Obviously, they cannot overpower Europeans. Of course, this may happen to also be a generation that lacks some super talent like Ma Long even though the player base is still huge to choose from.

Liu Guoliang's leaving also has some effect on the tactical/morale levels.

What y'all think?

Blog (Ramblings of an ordinary penholder...): http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32694

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 12:07 

Blade: Nittaku Latika Flared
FH: Xiom Vega Intro 2.0mm
BH: Yasaka Mark V 2.0mm
I remember that the younger Chinese players did really well against older foreigners in the Hungarian Open.
While they will age up and become even better(also with more power), the foreigners that beat them right now will also age.

I don't see any young foreigners who can be a serious threat to those three other than Harimoto.

I believe that CNT's real strength is in post-lost adaptation. Once young foreigners make a name for themselves by beating a CNT player, they will get studied, copied, and wrecked in the next matchup by better-prepared CNT players.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 13:35 

Mimobrok wrote:
I remember that the younger Chinese players did really well against older foreigners in the Hungarian Open.
While they will age up and become even better(also with more power), the foreigners that beat them right now will also age.

I don't see any young foreigners who can be a serious threat to those three other than Harimoto.

I believe that CNT's real strength is in post-lost adaptation. Once young foreigners make a name for themselves by beating a CNT player, they will get studied, copied, and wrecked in the next matchup by better-prepared CNT players.

Young guns that beat Chinese players lately include Liam Pitchford and Calderano Hugo. They are Lin Gaoyuan's generation tho. Their BH already shows signs of being better than CNT which is a traditional euro strength.

Harimoto is not a real threat yet because he keeps losing to other people. Still too young to tell.

You are right about the post loss thing tho. That is unlikely to change in the future unless the talent gap is too big. A possible issue is if an unknown player suddenly gets hot in olympics like ryu seung min...couple that with the pressure of winning in the final, etc. (Wang Hao :lol: )

Blog (Ramblings of an ordinary penholder...): http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32694

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2018, 20:21 
Super User

Blade: DHS PowerG-9 OFF++
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Palio Thor
There is a ton of talent just "sitting" around and playing in the CTTSL. Problem is CNT could pick all the "unknown" players to send to international matches, end up causing crazy upsets and total mess of the recent ranking changes. Imagine if 80 of Top 100 players all lost to Chinese "entrants", I am sure the more the number of unknown players winning in every International ITTF ranked tournaments will cause soo many ranking drops ... that by end of the ITTF year, World Tour Grand Finals will be a laughingstock as no one will have any points to be seeded except maybe most of the top Chinese.

Rest of the folks won't have a single ranking point, and too many "unknown" Chinese players playing with single digit points which probably wont give seeded entries. Everyone will end up playing Qualifications, Rounds up to the Pre-Quarters by which time CNT seeded players just have to beat any of the known players that made it through the gauntlet.

But I don't think China will resort to flooding TT worldwide with many of their "hidden" talents. Only the best of the best successful players will be in CNT and get to play "outside" :lol:

1. FH/BH-YRakza9/XOmegaVT
    2. FH/BH-TSP Spectol/Yinhe Qing OX
  • 729 Bomb C-P : FH/BH-DHS H2 Orig/DHS H3 Orig
  • TSP Versal :
    1. FH/BH-XOmegaVA/YJupiter-II
    2. FH/BH-*blank*
Fun blades:
  • Yasaka Battle Balsa(ST) : FH/BH- DHS TG2Neo/Gewo HypeXT 47
  • Dr. Neubauer
    High Technology
    Cypress-Carbon(ST)
    ***************************** : FH/BH-YRakza7/YRakza7
==========================================================

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2018, 01:04 

man_iii wrote:
There is a ton of talent just "sitting" around and playing in the CTTSL. Problem is CNT could pick all the "unknown" players to send to international matches, end up causing crazy upsets and total mess of the recent ranking changes. Imagine if 80 of Top 100 players all lost to Chinese "entrants", I am sure the more the number of unknown players winning in every International ITTF ranked tournaments will cause soo many ranking drops ... that by end of the ITTF year, World Tour Grand Finals will be a laughingstock as no one will have any points to be seeded except maybe most of the top Chinese.

Rest of the folks won't have a single ranking point, and too many "unknown" Chinese players playing with single digit points which probably wont give seeded entries. Everyone will end up playing Qualifications, Rounds up to the Pre-Quarters by which time CNT seeded players just have to beat any of the known players that made it through the gauntlet.

But I don't think China will resort to flooding TT worldwide with many of their "hidden" talents. Only the best of the best successful players will be in CNT and get to play "outside" :lol:

That is a very funny scenario.

From what I can tell CNT only sends those that have at least a shot to be on their top 5 i.e team events , either now or in the future. Plus a few favors for unique styles like women chopper wu yang or penholder zhang qiang.

Anyway, seems our standard for 'good young' = rarely lose to foreigners except boll or ovcharov. :D . Right now the young guys often get knocked out in quali. Their abilities may allow them to beat ML based on familiarity but they have trouble against some foreign styles.

Maybe a good thing for TT.

On the women's side that's not an issue. The young girls even the unknowns beat the japanese top players usually.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2019, 00:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Wang Chuqin is a mentally fragile adolescent as yet - they're so queer at that age sometimes - especially if they're the neurotic arty characters.

https://cn.ittf.com/2019/11/ctta-wcq-announcement/

Наш российский юноша-татарин застрелил из боевого калаша 8 сослуживцев, его грубо прессовали армейские деды и довели парнишку до точки кипения. Очень может быть, китайского юношу тоже грубо прессовали, обижали, били руками в грудь и тому подобное, внутри спортивного коллектива или в семейной обстановке. Он молчал, молчал, а потом не выдержал. Тут нельзя рубить с плеча, надо выяснить глубинные причины для нервного срыва. И немедленно устранить эти причины раз и навсегда.
Учебник "Подростковая психология", 1964 год издание, можно купить в магазинах букинистической литературы..
Quote:
Our Russian young military man, a Tatarian boy, he did shot down from a combat gun-machine 8 mates of his, he was regularly oppressed by army bully-thugs and brought the boy to the "boiling point". It well may be the Chinese lad WCQ has got rudely oppressed, insulted, beaten with hands in the chest, and the suchlike, while in the China National sports team or in homely settings. Wang Chuqin was shy and patient to response at first, and then he boiled up. Here, it is necessary to get into the underlying causes for the nervous burst. And immediately eliminate these causes once and for all.
The textbook "Adolescent Psychology", 1964 edition, it is now available from some second-hand book stores...

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2019, 01:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Igor the Amateur Psychoanalyst Strikes Again.. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2020, 16:54 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Hmm...

Iskandar