OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:20

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Liu Guoliang is back
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 07:55 

Not sure where to put this exactly so decided general topic.

basically in his interview he says:
he’s returned after a year and 3 months
And in the next olympics in Tokyo there will be anew table tennis event
Mixed doubles
And there can only be 1 man and 1 woman and it’s set
it’s a new important thing that’s unknown so he is focusing on that
And ping pong should be focus of the whole world he said
Because it’s easy for eye sight and distance traveling
He said the high risk of mixed doubles is that only one pair can be selected and it’s really important to China because it’s the very first ping pong Olympic event involving both men and women
So they are nervous
And he said they’re not totally ready and don’t have a plan and complete training system for it yet

if someone has better translation feel free to add or edit what I have. thanks

Post subject: Re: Liu Guoliang is back
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 10:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

benc6190 wrote:
Not sure where to put this exactly so decided general topic.

Fixed. General should be the right place for this. Interesting.. I hadn't realized he'd been "gone" in the first place, which would be necessary for him to be "back".. :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 11:18 

Thanks, and yeah he left the coaching position to become CTTA vice-chairman last year

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 13:23 
Super User

OFF TOPIC
iskandar taib wrote:
I hadn't realized he'd been "gone" in the first place, which would be necessary for him to be "back".. :lol:

It's interesting to contrast and compare the different tt forums. LGL's removal as head coach was all across mytabletennis and tabletennisdaily but passed unnoticed here. On the other hand, the countless threads on LPs and MPs and SPs and chopping and so, so many videos of defenders all doing their thing can only be found here. (Yes, I know. If I spoke German there'd be other LP, MP, SP, chopping and defending forums as well. But I'm limited to just one language, aren't I?)

Over the last couple of years, I've tried to participate in all three forums but find it a challenge. My only real interest here is whether or not mac33 will ever re-emerge from his cave to yet again prove the world is flat and Australia doesn't exist. And over on the other two, I discipline myself to ignore all the how-to-cheat threads and have zero interest in the latest and greatest inverted rubbers and blades. My biggest problem finding threads that interest me is how slowly the conversations are happening, here especially. Sometimes it will be hours before someone posts anything new, and then it's likely to be something I find irrelevant. Grumpy bugger, aren't I?

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 15:15 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I should go and check out the other two once in a while.. haven't been in a LONG while. "How To Cheat" topics????? Goodness.. I'll definitely need to check those out. I suspect it's got more to it than exposing long pips to sunlight and boosting Tenergy 05. Can't be any more nefarious than ruining your opponent's Tenergy 05 by using Armor-All on your pips, though... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2018, 16:35 
Super User

And I avoid the how-to-cheat topics here as well. At least they're honest over there and don't hide behind the "experimental/recreational" bs. It's cheating regardless of what it's called and how it's rationalised.

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2018, 14:19 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
birchamboi wrote:
At least they're honest over there and don't hide behind the "experimental/recreational" bs.

I think you missed the point of the "experimental/recreational". This never used to exist in the early days of this forum, but there were endless complaints about people starting topics about 'cheating'. So we decided the create a dedicated section, where threads from this section don't appear in the active topics section, nor in Google results, and it's not accessable unless you're a member, so that most people would not be exposed to it, unless they were specifically looking for it.
So this was actually done to take a stand against cheating, not to "hide behind the "experimental/recreational" bs".
I can see how people can take this the wrong way though. ;)

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2018, 15:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Dang.. and I thought these "how to cheat" threads would be about, say, how to do hidden serves without the umpire noticing... :lol: Boosting threads and threads about putting rubber out in the sun are comparatively boring, since they're fairly common, not to mention repetitive.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2018, 00:31 

This thread went off topic immediately lol

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!