OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 08 May 2024, 13:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2008, 14:40 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Well I still have to wait to see what the doc says, but I don't think it will be good, as the doc rang and left a message on my answering machine last night to make sure I made an appointment with him asap...gulp!!

Just wish I could rewind the video back to just before I did the injury and let that ball go LOL.

And yes Addoy, the ultra-sound lady said it was a 13cm gap and she got the attending doc to come in and confirm it. I guess I must be a walking/limpig miracle lol. She was amazed that I could walk...so I didn't dare tel them I play TT on it lol. The doc even said there were fatty deposits building up on my calf muscle due to the tendon not pulling on it to exercise it when I walk :shock: I've always had big calfs, so now one of them will be a little horse :lol: :lol:

Monkey, there is pain, but not like its expected it should be.

I don't know how you're doing it Joe, but I think I'm going to go bonkers without my TT fix. Maybe I could play left legged?? Oh hang on, not quite same left-handed is it..oh and wait, its my left leg thats injured. So no help there.

Mars I might have to take you up on the DVD's. Foss has just sent me a TT DVD (thanks Foss if you read this), so I'll have something to watch at least... :(

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2008, 19:24 
Mind Gamer Extraordinaire

Tendon injuries are usually very painful and can take a long time to heal. So please don't make matters worse by trying to walk/play again too soon, you'll regret it!

Best wishes and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

(couldn't find a 'get well soon' emote, so here goes: I hope you'll be :walk: again very soon! :wink: )

Tibhar IV-S - Donic Defplay SensoV3 - BTY Tackiness D/C - BTY Feint Soft - Meteor 813

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2008, 19:38 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

You will have plenty of time to search for reviews and read about blades and rubbers, so you'll return more EJ than ever! :lol:

Get well and don't overdo it, as Jasper said tendon injuries take a long time to heal completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2008, 21:43 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Somehow missed this. Hope you get it fixed and get back in the fight big guy.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008, 00:51 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Thanks guys, I'm wondering if I could get by without getting it fixed lol. I think the fix might hurt more than the injury does now lol. And I wouldn't have to take a TT break. But I guess I better listen to whatever the doc says.

Thanks for the emote thought Jasper. Der hopefuly i'll be uo and running by the time you get to Oz lol. Nittaku I have a feeling that would only feel like teasing myself lol. I think I'll make some more home furniture instead and keep my mind off TT gear I can't use lol.

Cheers everyone.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008, 10:30 
Super User

Blade: BTY Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tibhar Aurus 1.9mm
BH: Tibhar Aurus 1.7mm
Bad luck Reb.

Was hoping I could convince you to enter the last Veterans Event this year at Mornington Peninsula (14th Sept). Now you would need to rest that injury for some time.

Time is the best healer so take it easy and hope to see you in Vet's Event next year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2008, 16:24 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Could be a nightmare Slippery. I will have to build myself a special chair that slides from one side of the table to the other so I can still play I think lol.

Arlene, you wouldn't have had much trouble convincing me to play in that Vets as its not so far from home. Who knows, maybe I'll have a miracle recovery time :D

Thanks for the well wishes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008, 10:09 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

I just started some special therapy today. It will last for about a week and will help keep my mind off TT better. Its 16 ounce Bud Lite curls at Myrtle Beach South Carolina. I think I will keep it down to 12 a day so I don't piss the Mrs. off too bad. But I think that should keep my mind clear for the week.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008, 13:36 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

OK Joe, I'm aware Bud Light is a beer, but what are curls in relation to beer?

Sounds like a great therapy for a shoulder. Perhaps if I stock the fridge with them, the walk to the fridge will be considered therapy for my achilles? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2008, 14:08 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Sounds good, but you'd better not overdo it for the first week.

So keeping this in mind, here's your 4 week plan:
Week 1: Super TEDs
Week 2: Coopers Sparkling
Week 3: Coopers Pale
Week 4: Hahn Prem Light.

How does that sound? Superteds are something like 7%, sparkling is 6.something, pale is 5.something and HPLs are 2 or 3. This means less trips to the fridge (and the loo) for the first week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008, 02:47 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Haha, I like your thinking Silver! Or perhaps I should just move the fridge alongside my loungechair and cut down half the trips?

Must say I haven't seen the SuperTeds. Might just have to go straight onto the Wild Turkey Pre-Mix which is about 8%. Although now with the government new lolly water tax, I think the cost of these might now be prohibitive, so I'll just buy bottle of Wild Turkey or JD instead :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008, 08:46 
I am Legend
I am Legend

oops.
superteds are Tooheys Extra Dry Platinum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008, 09:06 
For your Long A's Only
For your Long A's Only

Blade: BBC Doubl Diamond
FH: Prasidha Tokyo Max
BH: RITC 755 OX
GrumpyJoe wrote:
Its 16 ounce Bud Lite curls at Myrtle Beach South Carolina.

Myrtle Beach, SC, is that where you are located, Joe?

My son graduated last year and spent two weeks in Myrtle Beach with his senior classmates before the graduation ceremony. I heard they had a lot of crazy stories in Myrtle Beach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jul 2008, 15:03 

Feel sorry for you. I hope you will fully recover. Take your time and keep faith. I've had a spoilt season 2 years ago due to an injured knee. I was told by a di....head professor in radiology after a scan than I should be happy being able to climb a stair at my age with my knee ! The surgeon had a good laugh at that, fixed my knee and last year I qualified myself for the first time to the final veteran french championship ! Take a second medical advice, it canno't be that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 Jul 2008, 05:46 
Chop or I'll Shoot
Chop or I'll Shoot

Hey Tat. I am in Myrtle Beach for a vaction with the family. I live in Cincinnati Ohio. Its a shame my shoulder is messed up. There is a very nice club down here. The camp ground I am staying at also has a little TT tourney here. I haven't been here in awhile but the last time I was here they had some good "basement" players. I will go watch the little tourney but I dont think it would be fair if I played.

And the curls I was refering to are the ones that I do when I hold a bottle of beer then curl it like a dumb bell up to my mouth.

USATT Rating: 1869

MOLON LABE!!!

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!