OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 07 May 2024, 03:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2020, 08:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

THE END OF OBSCENE RITUAL.

The most disgusting and unseemly ritual in table tennis is WIPING hands on the table as hands getting sweaty or just from ill-habit. In the year 2004, the American Federation USATT came out with a resolution to deal with the regular wipings as an obscene behavior to offend spectators, but there never was any reaction from ITTF URC, which clearly indicates a chronical degradation of cultural and moral standards worldwide.
I myself have had attempts a lot to encourage ITTF to amend the Rules and thus preclude this obscene ritual from youth competitions. All my efforts ended in nothing because of Western society"s immoralite all over.
Thankfully, from the fear of mass infection amongst young athletes under COVID pandemic, we finally achieved the long wished — table tennis athletes have now stopped those filthy obscenities on the table in public view, you just go and look into the Medical Emergency Regulations for table tennis competitions.
I willing to believe that this filthy habit - smearing sweaty excretions onto the table - not gonna to appear on TV screen any more, and our children will not mimic this filthy rituals after the masters.

ps// Sweaty hands should be wiped on your pants occasionally. Any competent player knows this very well.
-----------------
*Translated from Russian original article by Google engine.

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2020, 16:59 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I agree it's a filthy habit, although I don't feel as strongly about it as you. :lol:

igorponger wrote:
All my efforts ended in nothing because of Western society"s immoralite all over.

Not sure what you're referring to here, or which moral standard you're comparing it to? :o

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2020, 12:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER.
I'm delighted to see many umpires on-duty taking the Medical Precautions against COVID pandemic in most serious manner. Nowdays, it is not unusual for umpire to forewarn in loud voice those players seeking to wipe hands on the table:
--Don't touch the table, please. Hands off the table, please! -- and more suchlike.

It is just what USATT National URC tryed for back in theyear 2004. Alas, they have had no good success then, the Americans' proposal against unseemly wiping rituals got rejected for some unworthy reasons, hence players were allowed to continue wiping hands on the table on and on. And now, we can see the sheer end of the obscene rituals. It is a good time for us to celebrate. WIPING HANDS ON THE TABLE STRICTLY DISALLOWED SINCE RECENTLY. Better late than never, indeed.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2020, 03:11 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Just Igor Novichok on the latest of his hobby horses. Come back next week and he'll have moved on to something else.

URC, huh?

Iskandar