OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2023, 21:29 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
It appears some famous knowledgeable forum members have stopped contributing..... I KNOW for a fact YOU keep reading the forum posts but have decided to stay away from it all....

Sad story!!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2023, 19:23 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I'm trying to get back to it more honestly. It's been 90% a time constraint thing for me at least. I have three young kids and a lot going on in the past few years.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 11 Apr 2023, 21:11 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
Not sure if I count as either famous or knowledgeable... but... also a time thing. I'm pretty busy with work and training, and family etc.

I also get a little tired of seeing the same questions recycled, and wonder why people can't use the search function.

Sometimes I think ChatGPT could answer most questions. I just tried:

Quote:
Q: I am using sriver on my forehand, but want something a bit faster, but which I can still control - what do you recommend?

A: If you're looking for a faster rubber with good control, there are a number of options available on the market. Here are a few that you might consider:

Yasaka Mark V: This is a classic rubber that is known for its speed and control. It has been popular for many years and is still used by many professional players.

Donic Acuda S3: This is a high-performance rubber that offers good speed and spin. It has a soft sponge that provides good control, making it a good option for players who want a balance of speed and control.

Tibhar Evolution MX-P: This is a fast and dynamic rubber that offers great speed and spin. It has a hard sponge that provides good control, making it a good option for players who want a faster rubber without sacrificing control.

Butterfly Tenergy 05: This is a high-performance rubber that is used by many professional players. It offers excellent speed and spin, and has a springy sponge that provides good control.

Ultimately, the best rubber for you will depend on your playing style and preferences. I recommend trying out a few different rubbers to see which one works best for you.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2023, 05:34 
Joo Too
Joo Too

Blade: BTY Joo Se Hyuk ST
FH: DHS Hurricane 3-50 soft R
BH: TSP P1-R 1,5 B
Sami wrote:
It appears some famous knowledgeable forum members have stopped contributing..... I KNOW for a fact YOU keep reading the forum posts but have decided to stay away from it all....

Sad story!!

I'm struggling with some kind of dartritis, but then the TT form of it. If I'm one of those famous members... Boy, I'm getting old then!

My blog on being a LP defender beyond 2000 USATT and the pips discrimination that comes along with that

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2023, 07:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Not sure if I am there... But same story, too much other things to do... Life itself is taking soo much time now (two almost adult kids with neuro psychological diagnoses (autism, adhd), getting divorced amd therefore selling the house we recently bought, work, other hobbies (disc golf, moutainbiking)...

So I try to focus where I can help the most with as little time consumption as possible :)

Take care!

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2023, 17:37 
Super User

Posting or not on this forum. You guys are ALL legends! :bow:

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2023, 20:17 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Thank you,everyone!!! You are all truly great!.....the right time will come to enlighten us all....most of amateurs " success is due to your valuable contributions! :up: :clap:

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2023, 23:48 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Sorry to hear of your problems Def-Attack. I hope that things turn around for you and improve.

Soon I'll be transitioning out of table tennis mode into golf mode. We don't get a lot of time of nice warm weather here, so when it comes I try to take full advantage of it!

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2023, 00:06 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Sorry to hear about life interfering in table tennis.......however,in my opinion, we can use table tennis as a tool to relax and focus on something different...I also understand that if your mind is in trouble it is difficult to compete / enjoy yourself in this sport .......this sport is above all a mental thing, given the same technique and physicality .

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2023, 04:43 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
Don't ask me, I'm just a janitor.

You will notice that MANY of the old time high volume posters for obvious reasons no longer post so often... there is only so much to say so often that has already been said.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2023, 12:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I just couldn't play for a couple of years.

I'm back!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2023, 09:59 
Bytes worse than his Bark
Bytes worse than his Bark

Blade: OldNittaku Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: Yasaka Shining Dragon max
I now live in a table tennis back water. All matches are handicapped so it is difficult to say whether I am playing well. I am the best player playing comp but not the best player in the club. The best player in the club has a philosophical problem with how the comp is run.

I have started a training and practice afternoon locally as there wasn't one previously. Always playing handicap does not allow for improvement in my opinion. I am now in the middle of adding a come and try part to it. So far have had it featured on the local radio station sports show a couple of times, and in the local free paper. Have put up posters in local towns and am still working on getting it into the local paid paper. So far 1 new member from it and a couple of children of a member have turned up a couple of times.

My contract for work was cancelled in November and I have been looking for work since. Having turned the age mentioned in a Beatles song title, having niche IT skills and living regionally ,new jobs are not plentiful.

Umpiring has been difficult as I am around 150 km from where it all happens in Sydney.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2023, 14:30 

Blade: BTY Gergely
FH: Rasanter 47
BH: Fastarc G-1
Seems quite far. Let us know when you're closer and have a hit with beginners :)

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2023, 00:54 
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.
A.D.D.I.C.T.T.

Blade: Victas Koji Matsushita ZC
FH: BTY Dignics 64 (2.1mm)
BH: Victas P1V (1.5mm)
There is a lot more content available on YouTube now, and the forum has seemed pretty dead in recent times.

I wonder if Haggis could set up a Discord server? That would be a cool place to chat with TT buddies. Could have similar rooms as we have subforums

[Other gear I've used]
Blades: Butterfly Defence 3, Butterfly Defence Pro, Butterfly Innerforce ZLC, Butterfly Innershield, DHS Power G7, Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon
SPs: Friendship 802 (1.5), TSP Spectol (1.3, 1.8, 2.1), TSP Spectol Speed (1.3), TSP Super Spinpips Chop Sponge 2 (0.5, 1.3)
LPs: Butterfly Feint Long II (1), Butterfly Feint Long III (0.5, 1.3), Tibhar Grass D.TecS (OX), TSP Curl P1-R (0.5, 1, 1.3), TSP Curl P4 (1.3)

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2023, 17:46 

I actully made an account here just to ask a question but it seems like either I phrased it poorly or no one knows or the thread is dead :(