OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 21:56 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

fattchoi wrote:
The main problem I have with imposing a minimum number of posts would really force someone to post for the sake of posting.

Yes but then they will not get nominated. I think 200 minimum posts is a good rule, its not a lot by any standard.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 22:32 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes that's good point... I've edited requirements to include a minuimum of 200 posts. I think once you've earned a title you should be able to keep regardless.

Do have have any nominations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 22:59 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

kagin... Sage

Speedplay ... its a fair point. I think min posts is important because unless there's at least 200 we don't really know the forum member. 200 is quite light really.

Frictionless strokes | Attacking pip strokes | Greggy's advice | Bollsbrother | Sebastian Sauer . . . . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 23:05 
Sir He-LP-alot
Sir He-LP-alot

If you really wanted to oil the system you would have
1 new user
2 ...
4 Super User (200)
5. Title (300 subject to nomination and approval)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 23:11 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think we'll just give this a try... can always be changed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Sep 2008, 23:29 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I'd like to nominate Greggy, for his great tips and feedback on long pimples :thumleft:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 00:31 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
haggisv wrote:
I'd like to nominate Greggy, for his great tips and feedback on long pimples :thumleft:

I already put up a suggestion for him Haggsiv

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 10:13 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

OK, but not in this thread... I'll take that as a 2nd nomination, so lets come up with some good suggestions for him (if you haven't already). :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 19:16 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

speedplay wrote:
I would like to add another minimum requirement, the one that says you should be a member for at least... say, 6 months?

Now, this 6 months rules is very good because the members cannot 'hurry' it up so to speak whereas for the 200 posts rule, one can easily post rubbish to reach that target.

Cheers.
p.s. If this 6 months rule proceed, please take away my title as I would not qualify. I would gladly wait my time because I truly believe this rule is a very good and enforceable rule :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 19:51 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Choi, I don't think there is a need for retrospectivity. Besides you got your title Any which Way You Could :lol: don't throw it away now :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 23:43 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Hi Fattchoi,
Fair and enforceable rules do not apply in table tennis anymore. You should keep your title. LOL I think we can tell if someone is posting for numbers.
I am glad you are in the forum. :D

Backhand, Sriver FX Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2008, 12:21 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Thanks to Reb and Hookshot for your endorsements :D In that case, I won't throw it all away then :P

Seriously, now that I have further thoughts on this matter, I think both the 6 months probation and 200 posts rule should apply together to all new members starting as of certain date (to be decided by Mr. President :salut: ) so that it does not take effect retrospectively. That way, those who think of spamming will know it won't work because they still need to be member for at least 6 months. As for any existing members, who have already been nominated by ranked members, they will still qualify to a title.

I thnk Mr. President :salut: should firstly decide on a start date and on that day, put up the rules and regulations to avoid any confusion/contention. So far, I think the following conditions would work fine:

New members who joined as of (start date) can only obtain a title when they fulfill the following conditions:
a. Must be a member for at least 6 months
b. Must achieve 200 posts
c. Must be nominated by at least 2 ranked members
d. Members who qualified to a title may come up with one by him/herself or request members for suggestions.

Please add any other logical conditions that I may have missed out to the above.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 16 Sep 2008, 20:17 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Good set of requirement fattchoi, I like it! The 6 months can simply refer to the date they joined...Yes I agree all members that already have a title should keep it... Unless anyone object, I'll update my first post with the new requirement...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 01:00 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Just as long as the nominatirs come up with a decent name, lol. Any ranked member can make suggestions though so should be ok. I think the nominated member should also be able to suggest their own name and as long as 2 ranked members approve, then they can have that name if they want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Sep 2008, 07:28 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

I quite agree with Reb. As long as the name is not something rude or vulgar, then it should be OK.

Cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 79  Next