OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
Live Table Tennis Videos Table Tennis News Live OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Mar 2017, 20:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146
 Post subject: Re: Introduce yourself
PostPosted: 10 Mar 2017, 18:23 

Blade: Friendship/729 Z1
FH: Andro Rasant
BH: Tibhar 5q
joseph1303 wrote:
Hello everyone. My name is Joseph and I live in Delhi, the capital city of India. I started playing table tennis while I was in school but then stopped playing due to other commitments. My passion for the game was restored a year ago when I found a friend who also shares the same passion for the game.

Apart from table tennis I teach french language to school students as French is my passion.

I love the Lord Jesus Christ who is my saviour and thus most of my time apart from studies and playing is spent in church serving the Lord.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Welcome Joseph. Will try to get a match against you next time I am in Delhi :p.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2017, 07:51 

Blade: Xiom Hayabusa Z+
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
Hi guys,

My name is Dariusz and I am from Poland.
I play in a quite developed amateur league (5 divisions, around 300 players) in the city I live in (Lodz).
I have been playing for about 20 years now.
I am a topspin attacker (FH and BH).
I haven't had much professional training so far - just last year started to intensively train with a coach. I am satisfied with the progress I am making. Being corrected by a professional is just invaluable.

I am an academic teacher and additionally work as a programmer.

My other hobbies include mountains/trekking and computer science.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2017, 01:18 

IndianRPB wrote:
joseph1303 wrote:
Hello everyone. My name is Joseph and I live in Delhi, the capital city of India. I started playing table tennis while I was in school but then stopped playing due to other commitments. My passion for the game was restored a year ago when I found a friend who also shares the same passion for the game.

Apart from table tennis I teach french language to school students as French is my passion.

I love the Lord Jesus Christ who is my saviour and thus most of my time apart from studies and playing is spent in church serving the Lord.

Welcome Joseph. Will try to get a match against you next time I am in Delhi :p.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Sure my dear bro. That would be great. Looking forward

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 03:28 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

d1244 wrote:
Hi guys,

My name is Dariusz and I am from Poland.

Hello Dariusz, and welcome inside!
Wow! that is quite impressive for a local league. I know, I know, Lodz is not exactly a small town. It is just that I went to Krakow last summer, and posted here about my travel plans and the possibility to meet and perhaps play a bit. I got exactly zero response, so I thought there was little TT played in Poland. 5 divisions is about what we have in Norway ;) (that being teams series, so still a bit more than 300 players, of course).

Having a good coach helps a lot, you are right about that. For my own game, having a national level coach visiting the club and doing group instruction for 3 hours did as much for my consistency as years of previous training. I hope that my own efforts towards the younger players can do something similar for their game.

Good to have you around. Enjoy!

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 14:19 

Blade: YEO
FH: Sriver EL
BH: Tenergy 05
Hello All,

My name is Umar and I'm originally from India and am currently working in the U.S.

Have played table tennis several times throughout my life but only casually. Started playing seriously since the past 2 years during lunch time in my office.My first decent paddle was/is a Killerspin JET 600 and I have recently got a new custom paddle.

Dont know my level yet but I would say I fall in the intermediate category.Will soon start going to local leagues here in my city of San Diego in order to improve my game and learn new techniques by playing with others.

Style-I have a very strong forehand ,good with topspin smashes,occasional loops(want to improve here),consistent with chops on both backhand and forehand.. But my backhand is weak,i mostly rely on backhand chops.Need to improve in this area so i can smash and loop with my backhand

Stumbled upon this website while trying to read about rubbers. Want to use the resources on this site to help me become a better player.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 20:10 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dornenglanz OX
sincross wrote:
Hello All,

My name is Umar and I'm originally from India and am currently working in the U.S.

Have played table tennis several times throughout my life but only casually. Started playing seriously since the past 2 years during lunch time in my office.My first decent paddle was/is a Killerspin JET 600 and I have recently got a new custom paddle.

Dont know my level yet but I would say I fall in the intermediate category.Will soon start going to local leagues here in my city of San Diego in order to improve my game and learn new techniques by playing with others.

Style-I have a very strong forehand ,good with topspin smashes,occasional loops(want to improve here),consistent with chops on both backhand and forehand.. But my backhand is weak,i mostly rely on backhand chops.Need to improve in this area so i can smash and loop with my backhand

Stumbled upon this website while trying to read about rubbers. Want to use the resources on this site to help me become a better player.

Welcome to the forum sincross! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 142, 143, 144, 145, 146

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!