OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:21 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Juan King Carlos wrote:

Do you know which rule or regulation says that? I found this one.

2.04.08 - At the start of a match and whenever he changes his racket during a match a player shall show his opponent and the umpire the racket he is about to use and shall allow them to examine it.

under Match Conduct.

3.04.02.02 A racket shall not be replaced during an individual match unless it is accidentally damaged so badly that it cannot be used; if this happens the damaged racket shall be replaced immediately by another which the player has brought with him to the playing area or one which is handed to him in the playing area.

International, but associations adhere to the rules anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:22 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
Purge no argument just print the rules and take along. Its pretty clear about bat replacement. I think jumping on the table is one where its based on interpretation because it only rules out touching with free hand. I think it was on about.com I read touching table with anything else is ok, although I think rules does say you can't move the table during play. There is a vid on you-tube that shows a pro jumping on table in an exhibition where he smashes it away while standing up there. Its a classic.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:24 
I am Legend
I am Legend

purger wrote:
So if needed you can jump on table and hit hte winer and win point thats exiting. I will have to try that out boy we are going to have an argument LOL :D

more often than not you'll find that jumping onto the table moves the table - which is a fault.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:28 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Silver wrote:
purger wrote:
So if needed you can jump on table and hit hte winer and win point thats exiting. I will have to try that out boy we are going to have an argument LOL :D

more often than not you'll find that jumping onto the table moves the table - which is a fault.

I didn't say it was easy... just legal :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:35 
Super Looper
Super Looper

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Silver wrote:
purger wrote:

Dont worry :naka:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:39 
I am Legend
I am Legend

purger wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
Silver wrote:
purger wrote:

Dont worry :naka:

Haha. Going to stomp the table?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:42 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

LOL no worries Purge. Silver's right, and I already said above that table isn't allowed to moved. I was just bein cheeky. Ha and you do realise if you jump on the table and stomp on it and break it, YOU DO lose the point :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Not sure if TTV covers the repair cost either :P

Last edited by RebornTTEvnglist on 09 Nov 2008, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:46 
I am Legend
I am Legend

RebornTTEvnglist wrote:
LOL no worries Purge. Silver's right, and I already said above that table isn't allowed to moved. I was just bein cheeky. Ha and you do realise if you jump on the table and stomp on it and break it, YOU DO lose the point :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha, I think you're more likely to be kicked out by the tourny ref.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 20:51 
Super Looper
Super Looper

Silver wrote:
RebornTTEvnglist wrote:

haha, I think you're more likely to be kicked out by the tourny ref.

Guys you realy think that i would do that :shock: :?:
I wouldnt llike to brake the table but would like to se oponents face wile doing that :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 22:11 
Heavy Looper

Silver wrote:
Juan King Carlos wrote:

Do you know which rule or regulation says that? I found this one.

2.04.08 - At the start of a match and whenever he changes his racket during a match a player shall show his opponent and the umpire the racket he is about to use and shall allow them to examine it.

under Match Conduct.

3.04.02.02 A racket shall not be replaced during an individual match unless it is accidentally damaged so badly that it cannot be used; if this happens the damaged racket shall be replaced immediately by another which the player has brought with him to the playing area or one which is handed to him in the playing area.

International, but associations adhere to the rules anyway.

I have seen someone change a racket in a British League match and the umpire said that only in international matches could it not be changed, so I don't know where the ETTA stands - whether the umpire was acting on his own or under their direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 22:37 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Juan King Carlos wrote:
I have seen someone change a racket in a British League match and the umpire said that only in international matches could it not be changed, so I don't know where the ETTA stands - whether the umpire was acting on his own or under their direction.

I think this is where the rules need simplification and ITTF needs to clarify to associations the rules only intended for international comp and recommend those that shouldn't be applied at club level.

Having said that I think changing a bat during a match is a bit suss. If the opponent agrees to the change then should be ok, but its a bit unfair to start play with something that isn't working and then try another bat mid-match to see if it helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 03:56 
Super User

Great thread Monkey!

This thread is only 10 hours old and is already on the fourth page. That's got to make it a nominee for Thread of the Month.

Here's one:

You've really been working on your serves lately and have a mega spinny short serve. In a match, you unleash a really spinny underspin serve that bounces close to the net on your side, just barely clears the net and bounces on your opponent's side. The backspin causes the ball to go back over the net toward your side, it clips the top of the net and just barely drops over such that your opponent never had a chance to touch the ball.

Whose point?

Saviga V 0.6

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 03:59 
I am Legend
I am Legend

yours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 05:46 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

Glueless wrote:
Great thread Monkey!

This thread is only 10 hours old and is already on the fourth page. That's got to make it a nominee for Thread of the Month.

Here's one:

You've really been working on your serves lately and have a mega spinny short serve. In a match, you unleash a really spinny underspin serve that bounces close to the net on your side, just barely clears the net and bounces on your opponent's side. The backspin causes the ball to go back over the net toward your side, it clips the top of the net and just barely drops over such that your opponent never had a chance to touch the ball.

Whose point?

I never would of imagined the thread would of taken off this fast in a short period of time. At this rate it will beat my "Anyone here from Sydney???" thread on MyTT, which is bordering 3000replies and 30 pages long
:)

Btw, the point should be rewarded to you as it sounds perfectly legal.

Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 06:04 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

*Playing with 3star balls?
During competition nights, usually home team supplies the balls. LawOCG and I usually only use either double happiness or double fish 3star.Most likely the other team doesnt appreciate these balls and prefer Nittaku. resulting in loss time as we take several minutes trying to borrow one from the home crowd.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 339 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23  Next