OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 21:23

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2009, 01:43 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
How can 4 players be above you with the record you showed? You only lost one match?? Anyway, it will be the only way you can test your own metal is to see how you go against these higher ranked players.

Your knee sounds like mine 10 years ago then. I did a few silly things (like taking up Karate) to make it worse, although they didn't seem silly until I reinjured it lol. Sounds like you just need to wear knee pads when you crawl around to look after it. Are you a sparky or something?

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2009, 12:18 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Must admit I skimmed some of the thread, although I think I do recall now you saying something about 12 of last 13. But don't complain, I'm the only one replying to you here lol (although I'm sure others are reading . :roll: )

A sparky is an electrician. They crawl around in the roof all day. Was the only thing I could think you'd be on your knees for. So what do you construct? Commercial buildings? Do you dig trenches and stuff? That wouldn't be the greatest for your TT.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2009, 14:16 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Sounds like a very successful night. I know that jelly-leg feeling. It isn't nice, certainly distracts my mind from the game when I feel it. You did well to overcome it. If you finish 3rd does that mean you ply a final? Or do they just issue trophies to the final 3 or 4?

If you read my report for this week you will notice a similarity I had to your game against the young guy. It was the 2nd time I played him in 3 weeks and he learned how to play me finally by the 3rd set this time and took it off me. I had to play a different game after that also. Its good to be able to adapt when required! :wink:

Over here we often refer to construction workers as Labourers. Not sure if that's what you mean you are. We also have the Engineers that work in construction, but they are more the one's who design it and oversee its construction (project manage). Building a football field sounds interesting. Is that just the field or stands as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2009, 01:02 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Ah, could you be a Landscaper?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Mar 2009, 23:36 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Just read about your injury Slip. Sounds nasty. Brings back bad memories. Hope you manage to stay sane without TT for 5-6 weeks. Looks like you've gotten away a bit lighter than some of us. A dislocated knee is a nasty injury, but I've known quite a few who get quickly back to normal with it. Its better than a torn ligament in the long term, but no injury is nice. Hope its on the improve already. Did they put it in plaster or anything to immobilise it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 13:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I don't think you'll lose what you've gained this season.. a lot of it is understanding, intuition and strategy of the game, which is all in your head... a few weeks of practice when you return and you'll get back to the same level...

I've got quite loose knee joints as well... I always wear knee braces these days, which makes a world of difference... perhaps I should have given you that before your injury :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 14:14 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

You didn't know he had loose knee joints Haggisv did you? Or have you two been much closer than I thought? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Yes it is a shame to miss the season finish, I know how you must feel. But I agree with Haggisv, you should be able to come back and be where you were when you stopped. Look at me, I unwittingly stepped up a level and have been doing just as well in it (if not better) than my previous. I put a lot of that down to making equipment adjustments during my down time and also extra incentive to perform having been slotted into the higher grade. And you only have 6 weeks...its a walk (or a wheelchair, crutches) in the park! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 18:54 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

dislocated knee caps sounds painful but if it is anything like fingers or shoulders you should make a sooner recovery than the expected 6 weeks. I got mates that play rugby at a high level (get paid 50k a year) and one used to play for the rabbitohs. They tell me when they get these type of injuries they get right back at it the following week.
I guess just dont over do it speedplay, and make sure you share the support more evenly on both legs, and dont twist so much near the knees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 19:02 
I am Legend
I am Legend

Which knee brace are you guys using these days?

I've sort of buggered up my left knee recently. Can't push off it fast enough without one of those compression brace thingies. The one I have is sort of crap and bunches behind the knee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Mar 2009, 20:34 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

I have a knee brace that straps cross ways with velcro'd stretch elastines, that is supposed to give stability in all directions. It has a hole at the knee cap and ribbing around it. I can't recall its technical name. I can only bare to wear it when the weather cools down as its just so hot on. When its hot I just wear a "reminder" stretch bandage that offers little support, but it makes me think twice before I move the wrong way.

Silver, take some glucosamine for a month or 2. You'll find your knee is perfect again. At your age with a slight knee injury, this should fix you up. My mate is 51 and he has taken some glucosamine for a month now and he said he no longer needs any braces. I, on the other hand, am way too far gone in the knee. I take the glucosamine just so I can stand and walk. Running is not an option.