OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 16 Apr 2009, 12:35 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Low wrote:
Because I enjoy reading more. =]

Nothing wrong with that, and we don't want to give anyone any pressure to post... we're just saying we'd love to have to post as well, as we can all benefit's from each other experience, and you might just make some more friends here too :wink:

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009, 04:08 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
I think I am a fairly regular poster on here, or have been. Its just since the birth of my son in October that I think my posting average really took a nosedive, but so did my time spent at the table-tennis table. It went don from daily, to 3-4 days a week, to a gap of about 2-3 weeks in three phases, in other words I have spent about 4 months away from the game in the last six months.

Its also I guess because my time spent in other activities increased. We just had some layoffs where I work, so the people that are left are putting in more time to make sure that operations run smoothly. And one major factor i think is that I have been sucked into the world of mmorpgs. I play wow now, and its very addictive.

However, I have not given up, inspite of all this. I have started playing again. Played 3 days this week, and hope to increase the momentum.

I think I should bsically be making this post as a "I am back :)" post in a new thread.

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009, 06:57 
Dances with Spammers
Dances with Spammers

Blade: Darker Speed 90 Jpen
FH: Dawei Inspirit Quattro UL
Yes, I am back, and God, how I have missed this sport, I love it so much, and I enjoy this forum as well. The little tyke is now 6 months old, we have adjusted fairly well to the new addition to our family and his timings, so I am able to come back to the game and the forum. I have a small sized racket for him as well, he is still a bit young, you think?

I can't believe I was so out of touch that I did not even peek in here or even go to the gym, we have a table at work, I didn't even play on that.

And the site has a penholder section now, which is great. :), or pengrip :p

And I have said this somewhere else in a post, but will say it again, the new site look is great.

But anyway, I am way off topic, yes, everyone, that come here, do post, input is welcome, I know i learn loads from reading what the other players on here think about any subject.

Local Press Club (Journalists) Champion

The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!!!!
http://xtrariter.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009, 15:59 

I seldom post because I try to think twice before writting silly things. Since I'm a slow thinker it takes time before I can manage something sensible. I'm also lazy so when it takes too much effort to think, I take a beer or two, and then there's no way I can finish my post...

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2009, 23:58 
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later
Rambo Looper Spin First Ask Questions Later

Blade: Donic Persson Power Play
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z3
BH: Tibhar Aurus Soft
LOL. Old School Jolan reveals his secrets. You all newer posters hit all posts by Jolan button and discover some of the old crew fun.

Status - Out of Business Janitor/Babysitter

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2009, 07:44 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

jolan wrote:
I seldom post because I try to think twice before writting silly things. Since I'm a slow thinker it takes time before I can manage something sensible. I'm also lazy so when it takes too much effort to think, I take a beer or two, and then there's no way I can finish my post...

LOL I don't think it's that bad at all jolan! I really enjoy your posts...perhaps write a little quicker before those beers kick in :wink:

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 08:05 
Super User

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Classic ST
FH: Hurricane 3 41 black 2.2
BH: Hurricane 3 38 red 2.2
I would prefer that the homepage for the forums is the hot topics, I just feel it a bit easier to use the mytabletennis site that here for this reason.

I do really love your new logo looks real swish

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 08:14 
Devil may cry
Devil may cry

boz wrote:
I would prefer that the homepage for the forums is the hot topics, I just feel it a bit easier to use the mytabletennis site that here for this reason.

I do really love your new logo looks real swish

Hey Boz, is it the same boz from brisvegas? :)

If so, I like the vids you put out, something similar to the hot topic feature mytt has is the "view posts since last visit" button on the top right of the page.

*edit- sorry the "view new posts"

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 13:13 
Super User

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Classic ST
FH: Hurricane 3 41 black 2.2
BH: Hurricane 3 38 red 2.2
yes I am from brisvegas

I ought to post those vids here to see if I get any other kind of replies.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 15:58 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Not sure if we have a hot topic section, didn't even know there was one on mytt, I prefer the catagory view myself. I think it depends a lot on what you're used to, and personal preference.

We have a "view new posts" and a "view unansered posts" and a "View Active topics" pages... one of these would probably offer what you're after...

Yes please do post your vids here as well!

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2009, 16:35 
I am Legend
I am Legend

It's that horrible front page that you get redirected to, if you're not looking at the active topics or a thread.

I'm sure we could whip something up, but the mytt front page is a travesty and blight on modern web page design.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 19:03 

Ha I like the language you used there Silver. I agree though. Ads everywhere and poor placement..

Anyway, I only recently started posting because I feared that I would say something stupid or false or just offend someone unintentionally. I'd also have trouble thinking of things to say. But there's too many good things to talk about on here that I just had to start contributing :)

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 23:37 

I post regularly on other table tennis forums, it is easier when you get to know at least a few people. I am fairly new to this one, and I am gradually getting used to it, but yet to find someone I know on the Vets tournament circuit on this forum.

Hot glued and hair drier

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 05:20 

I'm not a great communicator, so I won't post much unless its on a subject where I can help, shed light, or add to.

Also, I'm an old man (55 yrs old) that has played J-pen :dmage: for the last 30 years, and my comments don't normally apply to the average player (which happens to be shakehand) :whdat:

Though I enjoy playing table tennis and always have, I also race motocross and fool around with archery, thus I seldom have played at tournaments due to the travel and time involved. A man can only have so many hobbies :lol:

I enjoy reading the posts here, pay little or no attention to disagreements if any, and find it unfortunate that I don't live closer to some of you so that I may meet you and play a few games from time to time.

Anyway, that's my story :bigsmurf:

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2009, 10:05 
Any Which Way You Can
Any Which Way You Can

Hey guys, this is probably one of the friendliest forum I have ever come across. By that I mean very few mudslinging like other forums. We are a more mature lot here. And there is no such thing as stupid or wrong comments in terms of TT. We are all individuals playing our own style, technique, etc. So if someone says this rubber is high throw, to me it might be very high throw or low throw instead due to my style. So no need to hesitate to post your own observation. Anything is possible. Of course you would only offend someone if you use profanity or make insulting comments against anyone. Practice courtesy and respect and the same will be shown in return :D So I do hope you would all by and by get used to this place and contribute as much as you know. Remember, we are all here to learn and never stop learning.

@thorpapa, 55 is not old. As Tat, our very respected resident here would say, we are mature, not old :lol: And hey, I play Jpen too and am now diversifying into Cpen as well. And I agree with you, shakehand player are only average players, not like us penholders :P :eye: We penholders are in a special class of our own :lol: :lol: (No need to worry that your post is misunderstood. I understand full well by average, you mean the players here are mostly shakehanders. I just need to take the advantage of the double edge meaning to have a dig at the shakehanders who have been making my life on the table hell :P :cyclops: )

Cheers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next