OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 03:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 23:43 
Smack Attack!
Smack Attack!

Well ,
I went shopping for a blade and rubbers, I thought why not try Chinese so I bought a .....................Globe straight handled 521/C -B+5 it has 5 wood layers and 2 Carbon fiber so I got the man to put on Globe black 999 2.2 National (blue sponge) and for my backhand he put on 999T (cream Japanese sponge). I bought some other stuff too but i'll talk about that later.. now I want to try it out so my Julia jack's up this ex Janitor he's about 79 years old and he told Julia he beat Waldner once (who would believe a story like that?) So I paid for a one hour seshion , and we do around 30 mins of forehand drills and he helps me try and loop better by getting lower thus starting my loop lower and making me twist more and try to use the middle top egde so that I can drag the ball acrross the rubber which I think helps the tacky rubber h-o-l-d more than Im used to , It was a good experence for me as I have always been a top of the ball forehand hitter but I realy need to add more loop into my game. anyhow did I tell you my Chinese is next to nothing and his English was non existant lol,, So I try to show and tell him that I have been using pimples, anti, or slower rubber for almost 25 years on my backhand, So I show him my Metorite .6 on my other bat and he shakes his head and tells me I must use my new bat (which is what I wanted to do) but I was just trying to explain that I might be a bit rusty lol, so off we go with some backhand to backhand rallys and he comes and corrects me after 4 mins as he want me not to use any wrist just get behind the ball and let it drop more and just brush at an angle ( I was already squareing up ok but I was tending to create spin at the end of the shot but because I was lifting and flicking It would tend to go long) So I'm learning fast now and I start dropping back a bit now and really bringing the ball over with some good topspin , he corrects me again when I just poke my arm out when his shot is either short or too far to my left ( He makes me step rather that poke) so Im starting to move a bit now ( by the way did I say it was snowing outside) anyhow he started to either chop block or quick block the ball back and I'm improving all the time as I'm moving side to side good and dropping back to get in some bigger loops... then he ups the tempo by blocking afew then looping some and I was good a countering most shots and I could get in 25 good shots in a row (in some rallys lol).. So my backhand took 40mins and I felt good. So I pay him his $20rmb = $4.NZ (= $3.Ausie) for the 70min Coaching corse.

Table Tennis abbreviations, and acronyms