OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:28

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 04:56 

Blade: Timo boll
FH: Tenergy05
BH: Tenergy05
I was a proud owner of the Advance model and was so exited to try it out. Two units later I an not so exited anymore :(
Both new but both have so little spin. It doesn't matter if it is over under or side. I can't understand it. I tried the adjustment tube but all I manage was to get the ball stuck when I used maximum backspin.
From the support I got this "with this setting, the ball is not played well. You have to change the flightcurve  or the speed"
This can't be true. Does anyone else had problem with their spin?
Also, when I only have backspin I only have the bottom wheel spinning, is this correct?
If this is correct how the hell can the unit change spin but maintain the speed and vice versa. If this is not correct how can I have two new units having the same behavior?

Best to all of you.
Jesper

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: Little spin
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2017, 08:50 
Super User

Blade: Palio WAY-003
FH: Yinhe Mars II medium
BH: Yinhe 955
I guess you're talking about the BTY Amicus Advance?

What is your speed setting anyways, and does the spin differs if you adjust that setting between lower and higher?

What balls are you using, BTY G40+?

I assume the wheels responsible for driving the balls are o.k. and clean.
Speed and angle can have an influence on the spin due to contact time and brushing angle at the wheel responsible for the spin. The ball in use can also have an influence on spin, some balls like the BTY Made In Germany ones are, imho, less spinny by nature, especially when they've been in use for quite a while.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 01:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

What settings did you have for elevation and speed? Not sure why you dispute what Bty support told you. If you have all three at extreme settings the combination may not be possible.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2017, 02:25 

Hi
Yes I am talking about the Butterfly. The picture is not entirely accurate, the trajectory was all the way down, so I got or should get a backspin serve. Here is a video if anyone wants to check.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx4m3w7qw4djd ... n.mp4?dl=0
Anyway to make a long story short:
I think that the information about the Advance is little misleading.
"For each ball an exercise is individually adjustable: spin + speed + trajectory + placement"
I of course thought this was accurate but it is not. So I thought the Advance would be like the professional. Now I understand that it's clearly the professional I should buy.
Because you can't change the amount of spin, yes you can change the spin but I think it should clearly say that you can change the TYPE of spin but not the amount of spin. Yes you can but not regardless of the speed.
I felt a bit cheated by this since my grandmother could do more backspin on a short serve than the Advance. Don't get me wrong I guess it's a nice product but I think they should have better information what the product can do.

Or I tried two new ones with the same flaw but I don't think so since it's only one wheel spinning when it does a backspin. So of course it can't change the spin if the speed is constant or am I missing something?

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 11:38 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Jesper, maybe your amicus need only a wheels tune-up... a little adjustment: try to move up the lower wheel, just by 1/2mm...
I'm sure not that would the solution, but you can try, just for emprove the friction ball/wheel.

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2017, 18:06 

Hi
I tried to adjust the wheels before with the tube but I ended up of having the ball jam just before the wheels when I did maximum backspin.
I readjusted again but ended up with the same resaults, poor spin.
Did I have too high expectations of the advance? I know the professional can do heavy chop and slow loop. I guess I need this feature.

But I am really interested if someone can explaine to me how one could get different spin/speed with only one wheel turning??

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017, 04:14 

I got the professional instead, now we're talking. Exactly what I wanted :-)