OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 17 Apr 2024, 04:40

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 10:09 

I thought I'd start a thread on this robot to share techniques and capabilities and even modifications hopefully.

This is my robot, and due to difficulties getting anywhere near enough practice time as I would like, it has become the mainstay of my practice. I can do 15 minutes in the morning in my pyjamas and half an hour after the famnily has gone to bed. It is available at Pingpong Robs shop at Affordable Table Tennis (Sunbury, Victoria) and I suspect it is one of the more commonly used robots in Victoria Australia as it is relatively cheap for what it can do and you can actually go there, try it, and buy it and know there is support if anything goes wrong.

http://www.affordablett.com.au/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1262&osCsid=13d10a8244cd7ee446ad8b1d41679d4a

It has 2 wheels so you can certainly set it to feed a lot of realistic shots, with oscillation available at various speeds. Because it has a collection system it can give a great continuous practice session. I must admit to looking longingly at some of the other programmable robots, there seems to be one that if you buy direct from China it's almost the same price, (I am not trying to advertise this robot!) However, it's pretty good for the price but does have it's limitations. Firstly the lack of programmability, also the inability to make certain common shots, like realistic short backspin balls and difficulty making semi realistic long backspin balls. It does a very decent topspin counter rally ball.

I would love to have the technical knowledge to open the box and make some sort of hardware programmability, even just to vary the shots a bit, although as the machine gets older it does give a bit of variation through wear and tear and dust! Also I wonder if anyone has made physical modifications to this robot to give other balls, like stretching the head backwards or placing something on the table to vary the spin effects or anything else.

Anyway, thought I'd get this "Robot" section happening and trigger some good discussions.

Style: FH counterhitter, BH disruptor

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2012, 14:47 

I also have this robot from ebay since last April. First to go is the speaker, even the replacement speaker I got from seller last merely another month. But I won't miss that annoying female noise at all so I don't bother to fix it again.

One problem of this robot is the vibration and noise if speed setting is anything above 4. Also I feel the speed and power drop quite a bit after a few months of use and those wheels don't seem to be something user can replace. Now there is zero consistency and balls can shoot down the net or off the table in the same speed settings.

One reminder is that you should clean and dry your new balls before use. They will make everything slippery with white dust.

Also it damaged and left permenant marks on the surface my new table using the Serve Mode. It is quite powerful when new while shooting straight to the table beneath it. Better avoid or use some boards to prevent direct contact.

It is about the cheapest TT robot out there so don't expect too much. If you keep that in mind then it is doing a decent job. I only wish that I can replace the wheels or something to bring back the original performance.

PostPosted: 18 May 2018, 17:39 

Blade: Stiga
FH: Red
BH: Black
Hi
I bought one super master table tennis robot and my control has packed up and I have since found it impossible to find a replacement. I have searched everywhere and email everyone I can find and nothing . Any ideas
Lee