OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 22:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 00:36 

I recently received my Amicus Pro and having set it up last night for the first time noticed a couple of things that concerned me and was hoping I could get some opinions as whether my unit has an issue or there is some adjustment that needs to be made. I will note the box it was delivered in did seem to take some abuse though there was not any obvious damage inside.

First let me state that I have an 18mm table and thus placed a 7 mm spacer under the rubber tips of the legs that supports the unit under the table. The plate on top sits flush with the table and both legs are engaged underneath. The table is also level.

1) First, the unit seems to sit at an angle. The Butterfly logo is not parallel to the table top as it seems to be in photos of see online. See photo

2) The end caps that hold the net to the corners of the table do not sit properly. I actually have to place weight on them or they pop off under heavy tension.

Unfortunately I haven't yet had a chance to test it, but something just seems wrong here. I would appreciate any input.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bv0ulqdbtcx4c ... s.jpg?dl=0

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 02:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

You have the head all of the way up. Adjust it down some. It looks like it's just too high and not on correctly. Take it off and put it back on and bring it down some.

Depending on your table, you might have some issues with the tension on the sides. It might get better over time (there is a spring for the tension inside those bars), for a bit you might need to use a little tape or weights on the corner to keep it down.

My kid put some chalk inside the ball collector part and I ripped that whole thing apart...lesson learned you don't need to take off the arms. The spring was a challenge to put back in. It's really a simple device but the R&D was likely a lot of work. It really is a nice robot.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 04:49 

There is actually a red ring on the current models which according to one of their videos is the recommended height to use in most cases. In any case, I did try different heights and it always tilts to the side. Is it possible to put the tube in wrong and cause that to happen? I never removed the tube completely just loosened the knob to turn it around and adjust the height.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2017, 20:15 

Update:

So it looks like my unit must have taken a hit during delivery as I suspected. It turns out there is a set screw at the base of the heads that can be loosened and the whole head assembly can then be rotated. I loosened it and centered it but it doesn't sit completely flush. The front part is flush but the back is not. I've included another photo and would appreciate if someone can compare it to their unit and see if this is how it's supposed to fit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xu3nvbkav3cu ... 1.JPG?dl=0

Thanks!

PostPosted: 04 Feb 2018, 14:22 

Blade: SoulSpin Limba outer
FH: Donic Bluestrom Z2 2.1
BH: Donic Bluestorm Z2 1.9
Hi all,
Butterfly Amicus Pro owner. Mine seems to work very well, except for a minor problem. On the pure topspin ball setting (0 sidespin added in either direction) I get a touch of side spin from right side to left side. I do not get any sidespin in a pure underspin ball. I am wondering if anyone else has this and if there are any cures for the problem? Thank you.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2018, 01:41 

Hi Forum - I just unwrapped my new Amicus pro. This thread has been incredibly helpful in helping me understand how to use it (in light of how weak the instruction manual is). Thank you for that.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best ball retriever to go along with this robot? My table is in a large room with a tile floor if that makes a difference in selecting the best retriever for the medium.

Thank you for your suggestions!

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2018, 14:45 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Extra
FH: Donic Barracuda 1.8
BH: Yasaka Raksa 7 Soft 1.8
barrydoyle wrote:
Hi Forum - I just unwrapped my new Amicus pro. This thread has been incredibly helpful in helping me understand how to use it (in light of how weak the instruction manual is). Thank you for that.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best ball retriever to go along with this robot? My table is in a large room with a tile floor if that makes a difference in selecting the best retriever for the medium.

Thank you for your suggestions!
If you're still looking, I really like the "My Ping Pong Buddy" ball picker. Been using it for almost two years now and never had a problem with it.

Also, if you or anyone else has the roller adjustment tube on hand, could you measure the outer diameter of it? I'd like to check the positioning of the heads on my robot, but I lost the tube.

Another question for longer-term owners. Has anyone ordered replacement rollers? I've searched all over, and never seen any mention of anyone doing so, or any info on where to order them.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2018, 17:21 

Blade: Stiga ALL Classic
FH: Yasaka Rakza X
BH: Yasaka Rakza X
Butterfly has now announced new Amicus robots. The best, 'Amicus Prime', is controlled via a smartphone or a tablet. The new BT catalog has more info on these. Does anybody know if the current models can be upgraded to the new ones? I suspect not, since they have probably made modifications to the core robot as well. I sent them a question about this and will post the reply if/when it arrives.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2018, 23:52 

So... I contacted BT about the new Amicus robots and here's their reply:

Q: Is it possible to upgrade a current one year old Amicus Professional to the new Amicus?
A: We will not be able to offer such upgrade right from the beginning, but hopefully by the end of 2018.

Q: Changes to the old model...
A: The main change is that the power panel is not anymore within the control box, but not assembled At the robot directly. This allows more slim control panels which are less sensitive, or a panel... And should be less sensitive therefore in the same time. The main features are identical otherwise, so it is mainly the user interface which has improved. There are some small modifications such as improved software, height adjustable front assembly arms (for tops more slim than 25mm), But basically the mechanics all work the same.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 00:27 

Hello friends.

I have Amicus Advanse and there is problem:
When throwing balls to BH (only BH) position robot throw in random direction. For example 3 balls to the left, than 2 balls in the middle of the table (head doesn't move). Playing FH there is not any problem, all balls to the same place on the table. I found than little changing controll knob to BH (head is moving), doesnt change direction of ball. Anyone can help, pls?

I think here you can see it (look at the head of robot):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuruFNPXmIc&feature=youtu.be

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 00:47 

So, I've just received my new Amicus Prime!

Would be happy to answer any questions :)

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2018, 21:04 

- Did you own an Amicus before, i.e. can you compare it to the previous models?

- How is the tablet user interface? Video of it would be great! :)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2018, 06:00 

Mr Spin wrote:
- Did you own an Amicus before, i.e. can you compare it to the previous models?

I did not own one, but used the Pro one in our club.

Quote:
- How is the tablet user interface? Video of it would be great! :)

Well, it is quite intuitive, however there are still A LOT of mistypes, some of them in quite important topics.
For example, the calibration screen gives the instruction that says the balls should hit the table about 20-30 cm from the edge. And on the same screen there is the image that demonstrates where the ball should go that says 50 cm...
And the smaller ones in the description of exercises, like "topspin" instead of "backspin", etc.

The short video is here:

https://youtu.be/imRjrPsk__g

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2018, 18:57 

So, some observations.

- The tablet does not keep battery well. So you most likely will have it plugged and recharging while training and the power cable is quite short.
- The start-up time of the tablet is long. Over one minute. So you better first plug it into the power outlet, press "power on" and only then start assembling the robot itself :)
- The navigation is not very well thought out. There is always the Android on-screen navigation buttons present and if you press, for example, "back", sometimes it goes to the previous screen, sometimes just exits the application and you need to start it again.
- Not sure if all functions work as intended for now. For example, if you press the "Sample" button, the robot starts shooting balls continuously, not a single ball. And worse, it cannot be stopped by the remote, so you need to come back to the tablet and search for the "Stop" button there, while trying to return the balls :)

And to the mechanical part (however, I think it is the same for the previous generation) - the robot does not fit well into the supplied bag unless it's head is rotated. So if you want to transport it, you need to calibrate it every time.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2018, 02:46 

Blade: Yasaka Sweden Extra
FH: Donic Barracuda 1.8
BH: Yasaka Raksa 7 Soft 1.8
Is there a way to download the app?

What if you want to use a different device, or delete the app from the provided tablet?

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next