OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 12:09

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2018, 04:26 

Debater wrote:
Looking for good vedroitt, I particularly like the serve replication.

Can you make a video showing how to program the robot when you move the location of the robot from centre of the table to say 5 feet back and to the left?

Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks!
Ok, I'll try to make this video, but a bit later. Now I almost done with localization of mobile app, I should finish

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2018, 00:00 

Vedroitt: it's looking great and you have members cheering the project on since there's nothing to compare at the projected price point. Well done.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2018, 21:39 

Can anybody help me with simple thing? I want to create a comparison of few modern robots (abilities, features, etc..) with TenniRobo, and I need photos of these robots. I'm not sure if I can grab photos from manufacturer's websites due copyright rules.
So, if somebody has these robots, could you please make a photo and send it to my email tennirobo_at_gmail_dot_com (I will add this photo to comparison table)
    Newgy Robo-Pong 2050 (or 2055)
    TrainerBot
    Butterfly Amicus
    Newgy Robo-Pong 3050XL
Thank you!

P.S. I've created the FAQ page on Tennirobo website, and I'm going to add answers there. So, if you have any questions, you are welcome! Here is it https://www.tennirobo.com/p/faq.html

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2018, 17:53 

In August TenniRobo got two important updates
1) now head consists of molded plastic parts - https://www.tennirobo.com/2018/08/mo...-for-head.html
2) And basket's capacity has increased to 180 balls (instead of 100 balls in the initial version) - https://www.tennirobo.com/2018/09/te...for-balls.html

This week I'm going to ship a few robots to people who were in a waiting list for August(sorry for the delay, it took slightly more time than I expected).

Al other people, who are interested in TenniRobo, can leave their email at our website (or just write me email), thus I will know how many robots should I make for next shipping.
Best...

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2019, 06:26 

As a part of continuing Tennirobo developing we have tried to simulate different game situations. There is one of our experiments.
Have you ever thought about training something like this?

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2019, 22:19 

The new app update with the super customizable random shot feature was released a few days ago. Now it is possible to set up any random spot on the table and in addition set up random ranges for spin, speed, and interval between shots. In fact, Tennirobo became much closer to "human" behavior.
If you are interested in more details here, please read this article https://www.tennirobo.com/2019/09/the-most-customizable-random-shot.html

There are a few screenshots from the mobile app
Image Image Image

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 06:57 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
Thanks for the update vedroitt. I have version 1.04 of the android app on my phone.

1. What version is your android app now up to?
2. How do you update existing versions. The app isn't on google play and doesn't seem to have an "update" feature. If you have to do a fresh install, do you have to remove the old version from your phone first?

I like the moveable corner idea to increase the area the robot can deliver the ball to. One of the drills I often use is FH to FH corner, varying the pace and placement within that FH corner of the table. This feature will now allow that to be done much easier. Even better that you can set the spin and speed parameters to vary too. Does this mean though that if you get a deep ball feed, tennirobbo will need to fire the ball at speed as the ball has further to travel before bouncing? What I'm thinking of is, is it possible under the "Pro RND" mode for TenniRobbo to randomly fire a ball deep to the same location but the first fired through quickly with a flatter trajectory and topspin, then a second ball also deep to the same location but slower, with less spin but a higher trajectory, more like a lob shot?

Controlling the amount of side spin on a ball is a very nice option and one that will be useful for testing.

One concern, when coaching footwork in irregular or semi irregular drills part of the skill to be learned is not just footwork but anticipation. Elements of anticipation include ball flight and angles of play. They also include body action - shoulder turn, watching the wrist. These "human physical elements" will not be able to be duplicated by any table tennis robot commercially available. Can you think of a way of replicating the visual clues a human gives when introducing a random element in to ball feeds?

Cheers. Looking great.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2019, 18:46 

Thanks, Debater!
Debater wrote:

The latest version number is 1.1 (the same number for IOS and Android)

Debater wrote:
2. How do you update existing versions. The app isn't on google play and doesn't seem to have an "update" feature. If you have to do a fresh install, do you have to remove the old version from your phone first?

It can be updated as all usual IOS or Android apps - from Google Play and App Store. You can't see the app on Google Play now, because it is in alpha testing mode and available for the approved users only (I've already put you on the list, you can download and install the app, please check my email). During the updating process, you don't have to remove the previous app - the app will be updated (as any usual app from Google Play) with preserving all the settings.

Debater wrote:
I like the moveable corner idea to increase the area the robot can deliver the ball to. One of the drills I often use is FH to FH corner, varying the pace and placement within that FH corner of the table. This feature will now allow that to be done much easier

Absolutely, this is the use case which this feature was developed for

Debater wrote:
Does this mean though that if you get a deep ball feed, tennirobbo will need to fire the ball at speed as the ball has further to travel before bouncing? What I'm thinking of is, is it possible under the "Pro RND" mode for TenniRobbo to randomly fire a ball deep to the same location but the first fired through quickly with a flatter trajectory and topspin, then a second ball also deep to the same location but slower, with less spin but a higher trajectory, more like a lob shot?

If you need a ball with a different spin, speed or trajectory TO THE SAME location – it’s still the case for the “Drill” mode. At the moment “Random” mode isn’t able to achieve this. Thank you for the idea, I will continue working with random mode for drills, and I must think about this, maybe it’s possible…
But if you agree with slightly different ball location, “PRO RND” can be useful for this case. For example, you can decrease the vertical range for the random area to zero, but set some range for ball speed. In this case, you have some "deviation spot" on the table, but with different ball speed (and spin, if you set spin range)

Debater wrote:
One concern, when coaching footwork in irregular or semi irregular drills part of the skill to be learned is not just footwork but anticipation. Elements of anticipation include ball flight and angles of play. They also include body action - shoulder turn, watching the wrist. These "human physical elements" will not be able to be duplicated by any table tennis robot commercially available. Can you think of a way of replicating the visual clues a human gives when introducing a random element in to ball feeds?

Yes, I do agree with you - it's a very interesting idea, but also it's really hard to make it. I have some ideas, but I would say it's just a concept at the moment

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 05:16 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Thanks vedroitt.

This app version seems to have a smaller footprint -

In the speed units option, the default seems to be km/h. There is an option for mi/h. Is mi/h "miles per hour", if so it's typically shown as "mph" in it's shortened form.

The option to choose speed in such an accurate way - actual speed rather than a company perception of what speed is (1 - 10 for example) is brilliant and allows the user to relate to real life players and match play. Just need someone now to measure accurately the speed at which various shots are played by top players and amateurs. :?: :D

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2019, 15:32 

Debater wrote:
Thanks vedroitt.
Is mi/h "miles per hour", if so it's typically shown as "mph" in it's shortened form.

Thanks, I didn't know this :oops: Will change in the next app update

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2020, 19:10 

I have been using Tennirobo now about 3-4 weeks and I have been really happy with it, especially since I can't practice or play with other people at the moment due to the quarantine.

I have never had so physically demanding practice sessions as I have had with Tennirobo. During high intensity drills I start to think and hope that the balls would run out already so that I could have a break and collect the balls - a positive problem and I
don't see any need for automatic ball loading system with the 180 ball capacity.

It has great shot randomizing options which make practicing more fun, you encounter randomness in real matches too. Single shots and drills that I have created are accurate and work great.

One of the drawback often mentioned is the lack of ball collection net. But it also means that you can place Tennirobo wherever you want, which was one of the main reasons why I was interested in it. I have practiced high arching shots coming far away from the table. Something that I often returning at real matches. Tennirobo can recreate those shots perfectly and I often add a little randomness to them so they don't always fall into the same spot.

Furthermore: support from Sergey is quick and prompt. I highly recommend Tennirobo!

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2020, 23:34 

Blade: Stiga All-round Classic
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 2.0
BH: Yasaka Rakza 7 2.0
I would as well want to give feedback on the Tenni Robo robot. (Also based on reviews on this and similar websites I decided to purchase it, and so far have not regretted it... so I want to help further other interested people )

I have it since a month - and I have used it probably for around 10 hours in the meantime... I had before a cheaper Chinese robot with much more limited functionality, but see below comparison in areas where it makes sense (as a further reference for people to make a more informed choice)...

The Chinese robot gave up so I needed something else, and based on seeing Tenni Robo videos and reviews I decided to go with it - the additional functionalities (easy drills programming, flexibility of placement of the robot and the not such a higher price) have been the main arguments for me... I also hoped that (as written by some users) that the customer service would be better... When my Chinese robot (bought on Amazon) gave up there was nothing I could do, although I was able to return to Amazon and get a full refund, but frankly I would like more if I could get a repaired/working robot instead...

Anyway my experience - positives:
- super simple and intuitive to set up and use, including the very well thought out and simple smart-phone application (designing drills is super easy)
- Ball placement - same accuracy if not more accurate vs the Chinese robot
- Spin and speed options way sufficient to cover your training needs
- Customer service - Sergey is very attentive, he replies to most mails within a day personally and really tries to help. This is really fantastic in today's world of call centers etc...
- (For me no real issue with) lack of net - I believe with 180 balls you have enough balls to play for few minutes - and with a good designed drill you can quickly end up gasping for breath (I am actually very fit playing also soccer and running - and this is one of the toughest workouts you can get). Picking the balls (I have a picker for this) is actually a welcome break to cool down... The main issue for me is when either the ball from the robot goes long on your side of the table or you hit the ball to the net - the balls then end up under your feet and prevent you from moving efficiently (or breaking balls) but that would also happen if the ball had a catching net - so this whole topic is in my way not so important.
- I have the robot in my basement so can play (and I am very grateful for this) almost anytime - including these tough times of quarantine - when most of my colleagues cannot...

Now issues (in my view these are both minor)
- Random shots (particularly with underspin) - even when I set the spin/speed to reasonable levels - I seem to be only able to program the ball placement (in terms of length - short vs long) to a very narrow area of the table... sidewise random placement works very well, but length is quite difficult... if I would then vary as well the spin or speed much - then not that many balls actually land on the table... So this feature is in my view really practically workable for sidewise random placement with rather limited range of spin/speed.
- At beginning the machine was shooting like 5-10+ balls very quickly after each other... Sergey has a way to manage that in the application by choosing sensor sensitivity - after changing to a different number this seems now to not be an issue anymore.

Verdict
- I would definitely buy it again... and I would wholly recommend the robot to anybody
- I have not tried Butterfly Amicus highest version - but from what I have seen this robot can do the same and even more effectively (with the intuitive application) and at a fraction of the cost
- The issue with the random shots is not as huge for me... I could NOT even do a short/long length random shot with my previous robot and I would not expect that other robots master this issue better - if you think how flat the underspin shot flies, it is super difficult to place it short or long on the table even for human (and much more difficult for a robot)

Let me know in case you have any specific questions on the robot. I would be happy to answer...

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2020, 16:06 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

I have now purchased TenniRobo from vedroitt which I'm hoping will be suitable for using in the table tennis equipment tests I'll doing in the future. This was simply me setting up TenniRobo to make sure it worked, I could connect to the App on my phone to control it and it's consistency.

I'll be making a full test video of TenniRobo in the next few months - dependent on lockdown here and access to facilities. If there is anything specific about TenniRobo that you want to see tested please let me know and I'll factor it in to any review I do.

*Full disclosure, I am also friends with vedroitt and have been following his development of TenniRobo for a few years now. Any review I do will be totally honest and vedroitt is fine with that.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2021, 12:51 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 45
FH: DHS H3
BH: Donic Barracuda
Hi All,

I recently purchased a tennirobo and is very very good really a great tool.
Supplier very good to deal with very seamless.

Like Debater below I like the idea of trying to practise watching for the visual cues.
So I made a a mod to my tennirobo, got a very old thin bat and cut a hole and mounted it to the tennirobo head, now the head moves to the direction the ball is going to be sent so now you can watch a bat angle and pick up where the ball is going in random drills.

Attached is pic, if someone wants more detail on how i did the mounting using the existing screws just let me know.

regards

Debater wrote:
Thanks for the update vedroitt. I have version 1.04 of the android app on my phone.

I like the moveable corner idea to increase the area the robot can deliver the ball to. One of the drills I often use is FH to FH corner, varying the pace and placement within that FH corner of the table. This feature will now allow that to be done much easier. Even better that you can set the spin and speed parameters to vary too. Does this mean though that if you get a deep ball feed, tennirobbo will need to fire the ball at speed as the ball has further to travel before bouncing? What I'm thinking of is, is it possible under the "Pro RND" mode for TenniRobbo to randomly fire a ball deep to the same location but the first fired through quickly with a flatter trajectory and topspin, then a second ball also deep to the same location but slower, with less spin but a higher trajectory, more like a lob shot?

Controlling the amount of side spin on a ball is a very nice option and one that will be useful for testing.

Cheers. Looking great.

Attachments:
File comment: tennirobo bat mod
tennirobo mod.jpg
tennirobo mod.jpg [ 510.74 KiB | Viewed 2534 times ]