OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 08:39 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
I recently bought a TT-table to play a bit at home with my wife and little sons (6 and 8 years old). I just noticed that at my local shop, the Joola Buddy Pro (with oscillator) + net + 100 balls is on sale for 200 euro (270 US$).

Although I don't really have faith in any robot to improve my own game (a robot will always be very different from real life league opponents), I still want to buy a cheap robot for fun, movement, for comparing equipment from time to time and for my sons.

Is this Joola Buddy Pro a good choice? I am most of all concerned about durability issues. And if it will work with the new balls as well... My local dealer says he sold 35 of them and never had any complaints. He thinks it's a great robot for the price.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 11:52 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
That's the same as the ipong, for which you can probably find some reviews. The Newgy 540 would probably not cost much more, which is more capable and highly reliable.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 21:11 

haggisv wrote:
That's the same as the ipong, for which you can probably find some reviews. The Newgy 540 would probably not cost much more, which is more capable and highly reliable.

The basic 540 model 1 cost around 250 euro, but it does not have an oscilator function. The upgrade kit for that is 200 euro. So the Joola would be the less expensive option.
Not sure what to expect from the robot. We bought a Donic 1050, which is a great one, but costs already 499. But that is only 50 more than the 540 model with oscilation function.

So your cheapest option is the Joola one. I did hear from someone who had a Joola basic robot that the balls would eject to fast after eachother. But I believe that had a more basic model. For there beginning youth it was impossible to hit every ball even if it landed on same spot. He told that to hit a bal, let 1 skip, hit the second. So that doesnt sound really great. Not sure which model Joola they had, I can ask that on monday.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2014, 21:22 
Reverse Psychologist
Reverse Psychologist

Blade: Victas Matsushita Off
FH: Tibhar EL-s 1.9
BH: Victas Curl P1V 1.0
Thanks a lot, Denniz. Please ask your friend what model he has. Can't you adjust speed between the ejecting balls? I would be interested in the Pro version. Of course when the balls are always ejected too fast, this would not be ideal for my son.

Indeed all the other robots seem to be a lot more expensive, even the Newgby 540 (without oscillation and without net). I believe Donic 1050 also has no net, so it will cost even more then 499

Denniz wrote:
haggisv wrote:

The basic 540 model 1 cost around 250 euro, but it does not have an oscilator function. The upgrade kit for that is 200 euro. So the Joola would be the less expensive option.
Not sure what to expect from the robot. We bought a Donic 1050, which is a great one, but costs already 499. But that is only 50 more than the 540 model with oscilation function.

So your cheapest option is the Joola one. I did hear from someone who had a Joola basic robot that the balls would eject to fast after eachother. But I believe that had a more basic model. For there beginning youth it was impossible to hit every ball even if it landed on same spot. He told that to hit a bal, let 1 skip, hit the second. So that doesnt sound really great. Not sure which model Joola they had, I can ask that on monday.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 02:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Butterfly Timo Boll OFF
FH: Friendship 802-40 2.4mm
BH: Dawei388C-1 Medium pip ox
Gentlemen! I COULD NOT RESIST!

I just ordered an iPong Original Robot from Megaspin in the USA!

It was on sale for only $95 US.

I read about 15 reviews, most of them quite positive.

I don't expect it to feel like playing against a real player..........for this price a person has to be realistic.

I will let you know of it's performance in 2-3 weeks.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2014, 22:12 
The Twiddler

glennholder wrote:
Gentlemen! I COULD NOT RESIST!

I just ordered an iPong Original Robot from Megaspin in the USA!

It was on sale for only $95 US.

I read about 15 reviews, most of them quite positive.

I don't expect it to feel like playing against a real player..........for this price a person has to be realistic.

I will let you know of it's performance in 2-3 weeks.

So what's the verdict?

Dr Neubauer Gangster and Desperado 2 (testing both) OX

Butterfly Amicus Professional robot
-----
Ever tried, Ever failed? No Matter.
Try again, Fail Again, Fail Better!