OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 22:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: TrainerBot
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 14:14 
Super User

Blade: Hugo Calderano OFF+
FH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
BH: Hexer Powergrip 2.1
Have you guys seen this? Looks good, I mean, heaven forbid a MODERN training robot that is smartphone app integrated. I cant believe its 2019 and this is the only one on the radar let alone in full production.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/trainerbot#

Post subject: Re: TrainerBot
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 14:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

seen this years ago.

haven't seen anything since.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 18:39 
Super User

I've been hearing about this since 2016-2017 .... They've missed their shipping date, atleast 8 times, citing various reasons.... All I've seen so far, are good promos, and snazzy videos , but no usable product.... I'm beginning to get some serious Poyais vibes from this

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 19:21 
Super User

:lol: damn haha. That is disappointing then. It would be good to get a modern TT robot like that into the market. One that is not $1000+ to buy.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2019, 21:41 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/ ... mpact-size

This unit, much less flashy in design, but also phone app operated, is in (real) small scale production and people who have it seem to like it.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019, 10:22 
Super User

darucla wrote:
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?17706-TenniRobo-super-table-tennis-robot-in-compact-size

This unit, much less flashy in design, but also phone app operated, is in (real) small scale production and people who have it seem to like it.

OOH! time to check this out. I am really confused as to why there isn't a larger manufacturer that produces am app controlled TT robot. Instead there is a range of really old tech robots, that are serviceable if not outdated, and some of these are quite spendy as well.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019, 11:30 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The new Newgy 3050 is controlled via an App. It's quite new though, and has so far only been released in the USA.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019, 12:14 
Dr. Chop-Blogger
Dr. Chop-Blogger

Blade: Butterfly Defense Alpha
FH: H3 Neo
BH: Cloud & Fog III OX
apophis wrote:
I am really confused as to why there isn't a larger manufacturer that produces am app controlled TT robot. Instead there is a range of really old tech robots, that are serviceable if not outdated, and some of these are quite spendy as well.

Just a thought, but if I had a robot (and I don't :P ), ability to control it from the phone and not from whatever console they are shipped with would be pretty low on my priority list. Perhaps product managers reached the same conclusion so far.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2019, 12:53 
Super User

pgpg wrote:
Just a thought, but if I had a robot (and I don't :P ), ability to control it from the phone and not from whatever console they are shipped with would be pretty low on my priority list. Perhaps product managers reached the same conclusion so far.

I would like to use the app as the control units most TT robots ship with are not programmable in the way I would want to see as shown in the App.

the ability to set up a drill, set of spin and directions on an App that is relatively simple would be a great step forward in the market.

I also tried contacting the TrainerBot guys, they have ignored all my attempts at communication. Its pretty poor form to ignore someone that is asking questions of your product. Specially when you can see that they have viewed the messages I had sent through facebook. Oh well, I guess I am destined to use single play, non-programmable robots haha :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 09:40 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

apophis wrote:
pgpg wrote:

I would like to use the app as the control units most TT robots ship with are not programmable in the way I would want to see as shown in the App.

the ability to set up a drill, set of spin and directions on an App that is relatively simple would be a great step forward in the market.

I also tried contacting the TrainerBot guys, they have ignored all my attempts at communication. Its pretty poor form to ignore someone that is asking questions of your product. Specially when you can see that they have viewed the messages I had sent through facebook. Oh well, I guess I am destined to use single play, non-programmable robots haha :lol:

Trainer Bot USA vendor = 450 USD
Tenni Robot Ukraina, East Europa vendor = 690 USD
SJM-P1208 AliExpress Shanghai vendor = 125 USD

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/13-Remo ... 13741.html
Yungkang Sporting Goods Shanghai SJM-P1208
http://www.114pifa.com/p6326/3655463.html

Make your choice, please.

Attachments:
1045549988_1013049149.jpg
1045549988_1013049149.jpg [ 94.89 KiB | Viewed 5355 times ]

PostPosted: 01 Feb 2019, 10:25 
Super User

125USD is great, if i could read what it was all about and had confidence that I would get something in a legible and understandable english app. Which I dont even know if there is a BT app control available, although it looks like it does not have it.

haggisv wrote:
The new Newgy 3050 is controlled via an App. It's quite new though, and has so far only been released in the USA.

This would be a good choice for sure, if the price was at a good point, 1700USD is WAAAAAAY too much cash to spill on it for a home robot. Also the reviews are universally not very promising for a potential consumer.

I still feel that there is not a really acceptable programmable robot. I think that @pgpg had it right as most manufacturers just don't see it as an issue. Many serious players would have multi-ball feed by a person/coach and not require the robots. Its still a little disappointing to me that there is not a decent robot that can be programmable and controllable with a BT app on the market. Clearly, the market for this functionality just does not yet exist :D

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 07:17 

apophis wrote:

Have you seen this video about TenniRobo?
Bluetooth control from mobile app with the setup of spin, speed, direction, etc...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!