OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 13:12

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014, 13:22 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I think he means there is too much spin. I agree with him. I think 50% to 75% that strong would be more realistic.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014, 14:09 
Super User

Great read. Thanks Larry.

Just wanted to say that I, too, am a customer. :lol:

Proud owner of a Newgy 540 and it's lasted for 6 years, still going strong. Low maintenance, actually bought the recommended cleaner as well, and easy to move around, and easy to fix because the problems are just bent cables or gear box knobs. Sometimes I leave it alone for a few minutes and it slips back into place. Also no ball jams, had some way back at the beginning but that was due to not filling up the basket or something easy like that.

I think it produces good enough spin/speed for mid range human standards. Thats good enough for practice. Also the tilt angle and spin variation is decent for a 300$ machine (bought it at BTF NA :swear: ) plus !00 shipping but you could get it for a better price but I was too nooby then. You can move it around and off the table and get really creative, plus at low speed, you can get lower spin balls to smash.

No regrets. Really good price-wise for repetative drills or just spin reading or anything. Any larger investment and i would worry about repairs.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2014, 21:27 

Yes I meant that there is too much spin.

I think the problem in this case is, that with the 2040, you can only adjust ball frequency, head oscillation and wheel speed. This means, the more spin you want to generate, the faster the ball travels and visa vers. Because of this, if you want to have light backspin(light in the meaning of realistic amount), the ball will be slow and short. But if you want to train looping on light backspin, you need a long ball, so you have to adjust the head angle. But then, the ball will have a high trajectory and so the ball has no realistic behaviour when using backspin. This is my main critic on the robot. The looseness is another point, but you are of course right, that you can tighten it, but even then our robot tends to move. But it is also quite old and we had to replace some parts of the oscillator aswell, so maybe it is just normal wear.

But maybe we haven't found the right setting jet. At the moment we mainly use it to entertain newcomers or if there are to much players/not enough coaches as a good multiball training is worth ten times a robot session.

Kind Regards