OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2015, 07:53 

cmelak wrote:
Hi everyone!

Recently I bought Amicus advanced from Tees sports in UK. Unfortunately the robot was pretty much dead on delivery. The head went through the check up procedure but nothing else worked with control board locking up every time the sample or frequency button was pressed/turned. I could not play a single shot. It has been sent back to the dealer and from there to the manufacturer. I wanted a replacement but since the shop nor the manufacturer had none in stock, they offered me either a full refund or repair of the faulty machine. I went for the refund but now I am facing a dilemma which is initiated by my experience. Not only it is not available in UK at the moment but also:

There is no stock because:

1, the robot is so good it is sold out
2, the robot has some faults and was recalled to be redesigned by the manufacturer (available from March/April)

So, which is it?

I think it's 1. I advise you to join the "Amicus Owners" thread also on this board. I've worked on the robot quite a bit and might have been able to help you, too bad you sent it back. It sounds like the robot was drawing too much current as soon as it tried to turn the projection wheels, or the ball feed motor, when it does that, it reboots and the lights start flashing. I've seen it do that when adjusting the wheels and they are stuck. Did you check to see if the wheels spun freely? If not, it's a very easy adjustment to move the motors so the wheels aren't stuck. It could also have been the projection motor getting stuck because of an obstruction in the ball storage area. Or maybe it wasn't that, hard to say.

In any case, I highly recommend the robot, it's great. I've had one for about two months and am loving it. Many people on this board are in the same situation as you. But what I have heard is that it's backordered until late February, early March, so you might want to check with some other retailers.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2015, 10:02 

cmelak wrote:

2, the robot has some faults and was recalled to be redesigned by the manufacturer (available from March/April)

I don't know. There's not a lot of chatter about the robots on the Internet, but yours is the first time I've heard of one being broken… so I kind of hope that it's #1. :)

Tibhar TEXO All | 1.8 999 Juic Elite x 2
Ross Leidy ALL Blades (x2) | 1.8BH/2.0FH Juic 999 Elite
Butterfly Amicus Pro

Erie TTCErie TTC Facebook
TSTGE5SKLSW

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2015, 06:17 

Thank you guys for the replies. I really like the features and looks on Amicus and I would probably live without a robot if I cannot have this one. Any suggestions where I can get one from in UK? Also, I mentioned this to my trainer and I was told that nobody pays the prices in catalogue. Possibly ordering through TTclub with the discount? There are option to buy it from abroad but if anything goes haywire then ...

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2015, 12:00 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
The Butterfly distributors (for each country) control the pricing very tightly in most countries, making it harder to find bargains. :(

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2015, 22:43 

cmelak wrote:
Hi everyone!

Recently I bought Amicus advanced from Tees sports in UK. Unfortunately the robot was pretty much dead on delivery. The head went through the check up procedure but nothing else worked with control board locking up every time the sample or frequency button was pressed/turned. I could not play a single shot. It has been sent back to the dealer and from there to the manufacturer. I wanted a replacement but since the shop nor the manufacturer had none in stock, they offered me either a full refund or repair of the faulty machine. I went for the refund but now I am facing a dilemma which is initiated by my experience. Not only it is not available in UK at the moment but also:

So, which is it?

Hello,

I had previously placed my order with just-rackets in the uk (to be shipped to the US), and they have multiple in their warehouse. I was just on the phone with "Gary", the manager and they are shipping mine out today (will receive in about a week).

Although it is sold out in the US and most places, this was one of the few I could find it both available and for selling less.

"WE ARE NOW DELIGHTED TO OFFER FREE DELIVERY FOR ALL ORDERS OVER £75!
We also offer a price-match guarantee! Find a cheaper price ANYWHERE online and we will match it!"

Here is their contact info in case you want to order from them. Feel free to say you heard about them from a friend who just ordered in the US. Gary is a really nice guy.

Letchworth Tennis & Squash Club Muddy Lane Letchworth Garden City Herts SG6 3TB
Tel: 01462 672 446
Mobile: 07956 531 993

http://www.just-rackets.co.uk/table-ten ... hines.html

best of luck!

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 05:23 

I went onto their website Just rackets.com and apparently advanced model is not listed. Also, the price of £1000 for basic model seemed to be quite inflated. They have only these two for sale - Pro & basic.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 11:45 

cmelak wrote:
I went onto their website Just rackets.com and apparently advanced model is not listed. Also, the price of £1000 for basic model seemed to be quite inflated. They have only these two for sale - Pro & basic.

sorry about the confusion... I realized that I was not charged "VAT" since I ordered from the US. Also, I used a coupon code "FB2014" which brought the price down considerably.

although they don't have the advanced, the basic model with the coupon code and w/o VAT comes to around 791 for basic model. I'm not sure if it is possible for you to get this price and/or if you're interested, but I hope this helps.

goodluck

Attachments:
JustRackets-ButterflyAmicusBasic-Checkout.JPG
JustRackets-ButterflyAmicusBasic-Checkout.JPG [ 56.42 KiB | Viewed 2070 times ]

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 23:04 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I'm surprised they're willing to ship to USA... Butterfly is normally very protective.
I guess you'd need a different power supply, wouldn't you?

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2015, 23:28 

haggisv wrote:
I'm surprised they're willing to ship to USA... Butterfly is normally very protective.
I guess you'd need a different power supply, wouldn't you?

you're probably right about the adapter, i was too busy being happy that i found one both available and cheaper than in the US.

hopefully a standard adapter should work.
http://www.amazon.com/CKITZE-BA-5AN-Grounded-Universal-Adapter/dp/B008DJAYJM/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422367284&sr=1-5&keywords=type+b+adapter

i was just off the phone with gary from justrackets and their warehouse sent them the "basic" model by accident. they just corrected the order to the "pro". I should have it within the week. he quoted 2 days shipping fedex once his store sends it out. we'll see...

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2015, 07:07 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

I think you'll need more than a adaptor, because UK uses 230V 50Hz whereas USA is 110V 60Hz. However if the power supply that comes with the robot is a 'universal' one, than it should take either voltage/frequency.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2015, 05:21 

haggisv wrote:
I think you'll need more than a adaptor, because UK uses 230V 50Hz whereas USA is 110V 60Hz. However if the power supply that comes with the robot is a 'universal' one, than it should take either voltage/frequency.

thanks for the feedback.

i found this picture and it seems that it is universal. :)

update: the amazon 2-prong adapter works perfectly.

in case anyone else decides to order from the uk...

if i would do it all over again, i realized that butterfly has a 10% price beat guarantee on their website. i would have taken them up on that by showing them megaspin's coupon code (5% off) and combined the two.

PostPosted: 29 May 2015, 07:51 

I just got mine delivered by Teessport. Seems to work fine.

It's the new Advance with the 22 memory positions (supposedly 10 fixed - will test that...)

They have a 2 week lead time, so I guess they are getting them new direct from Butterfly (or from Hungary)