OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:03

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 12 Sep 2015, 03:32 

It's a "maybe". The remote control doesn't currently work and for me it's the biggest differentiator between the "Pro" and "Advance" versions. The "Cycle" option on the Pro model are useful too especially in absence of remote control function.

Other advantages of the "Pro" including totally useless (for me) pre-programmed exercises aren't that important (for me). For example I do not see ever using all 100 memory slots.

I do believe that the "Basic" version may be insufficiently versatile for many players though.

vanjr wrote:
I am interested if any of you have purchased the pro or advance version and after using it awhile wish you had bought a cheaper version. As well as those who purchased the basic or advanced and wish they had gone higher.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 07:05 

Hi all,
Firstly, thanks for all your comments, even with the problems some of you had, they helped me decide to get the amicus (pro) over a twin head model due to the programing capabilities, I opted for the pro because of the 99 memory slots and pre- saved drills on the 2015 model. I thought the programing of drills would be a pain and time consuming so once I created them I wanted to ensure I didnt run out of space to save them. To be honest now though, its a doddle and doesnt take long, the pre- programmed drills dont seem that usefull, to fast as per previous comments, i guess I could of managed with the advance, but the pro has the remote which is very handy for changing the frequency while playing, I kept it in my free hand the whole time.

I used the robot for an hour or so today and programmed and played about 6 drills, all from the pingskills drills free download, I wrote out all the settings on excel before the robot arrived, just guessing all the settings, and luckily they were all spot on. If you dont record what drills are stored I would never find them.

Just a heads up, any problems check the cables first, luckily this was mentioned in a previous post, when I first turned the robot on the feed would work, but then jam and show E1 error, I found the drive wheels wernt spinning and this was due to the cable connection to the control box not being fully in, the bracket for the control box didnt have a deep enough throat to fit on my table so it must of came loose while I was adjusting it.

Mine also skipped the odd ball from the sequences, not sure why tho, and also pressing the sample button fired continous balls at a high rate, I thought it was meant to fire just one ?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 08:15 

Has anyone tried to add some padding to the bottom of the table so that the robot sits in a more stable position? I've been always unhappy with the play in the position of the robot: I felt that it may be detrimental to its ability to feed the same ball after a re-installation.

I added 2 layers of standard furniture felt pads and now the robot feels much more solid on the table. It also sits on the entire surface of its mount. I've not experienced any drawbacks, but maybe there are some.

Any opinions?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2015, 20:45 

Stevie:

Regarding skipped balls, my guess would be that it's caused by the failure of a ball to fall into the collection hole when the feeder bar goes around. You can tell when this happens by the sound. Regarding your drills from ping skills - would you mind sharing the settings here?

Lliebman:

No, to be honest, I've never been concerned about how the robot sits on the table. It seems like it's going to be pretty consistently in the same place because the net assembly will keep it centered. That said, maybe the felt bottom will help protect enter from scratching the table. Couldn't hurt!

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 15:46 

I will program in the rest of the drills on my spreadsheet to check they work and post a link to it in the next few days, not sure if all robots will work the same so a few tweaks may be required.

You could be right regarding the skipped balls, i tried running it at max frequency and it could not get balls in quick enough to feed

Regards Steve

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 20:17 

Ok, thanks! All robots definitely aren't the same, unfortunately. Subtle differences in wheel adjustment and wear, as well as type and cleanliness of balls, will affect exact ball placement. But as long as your balls don't hit right at the edge of the table, or clear the net by a millimeter, your drills should still work for others.

Regarding ball frequency - yikes! Max frequency is pretty fast. The other problem is that of you have large changes in speed between balls, the wheels can't speed up or slow down in time for the next ball.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 21:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

An update on the !CLANG! problem I posted about earlier on balls to the left. I have mailed the head of my amicus pro back to Butterfly NA and they are testing it. I am very happy with my decision to buy the Pro except for this one flaw, so I hope they find a cause.

Has anyone else had problems with balls to one side losing speed and spin? It's more pronounced at lower head heights and faster/spinnier settings.

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 21:26 
One-Loop Man
One-Loop Man

Blade: Joola Vyzaryz Trinity
FH: Golden Tango
BH: Golden Tango
BRS wrote:
An update on the !CLANG! problem I posted about earlier on balls to the left. I have mailed the head of my amicus pro back to Butterfly NA and they are testing it. I am very happy with my decision to buy the Pro except for this one flaw, so I hope they find a cause.

Has anyone else had problems with balls to one side losing speed and spin? It's more pronounced at lower head heights and faster/spinnier settings.

I seem to be getting a case where the placement to one side ( forehand / backhand) is no longer accurate relative to the center. Not sure about cause or solution.

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2015, 22:27 

For me "Sample" function also fires balls till I hit "Stop" contrary to the manual. Does any have a control box that fires only 1 ball when "Sample" is pressed? Am I missing something?

Stevieboy wrote:
Hi all,
Firstly, thanks for all your comments, even with the problems some of you had, they helped me decide to get the amicus (pro) over a twin head model due to the programing capabilities, I opted for the pro because of the 99 memory slots and pre- saved drills on the 2015 model. I thought the programing of drills would be a pain and time consuming so once I created them I wanted to ensure I didnt run out of space to save them. To be honest now though, its a doddle and doesnt take long, the pre- programmed drills dont seem that usefull, to fast as per previous comments, i guess I could of managed with the advance, but the pro has the remote which is very handy for changing the frequency while playing, I kept it in my free hand the whole time.

I used the robot for an hour or so today and programmed and played about 6 drills, all from the pingskills drills free download, I wrote out all the settings on excel before the robot arrived, just guessing all the settings, and luckily they were all spot on. If you dont record what drills are stored I would never find them.

Just a heads up, any problems check the cables first, luckily this was mentioned in a previous post, when I first turned the robot on the feed would work, but then jam and show E1 error, I found the drive wheels wernt spinning and this was due to the cable connection to the control box not being fully in, the bracket for the control box didnt have a deep enough throat to fit on my table so it must of came loose while I was adjusting it.

Mine also skipped the odd ball from the sequences, not sure why tho, and also pressing the sample button fired continous balls at a high rate, I thought it was meant to fire just one ?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 00:08 

NextLevel wrote:
BRS wrote:

Z
I seem to be getting a case where the placement to one side ( forehand / backhand) is no longer accurate relative to the center. Not sure about cause or solution.

How far off are they? Is it always in the same direction that it's off (right or left)? Does the difference vary by the same amount from where it should be?

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 18:30 

Hi Everyone,
link to my drills below, also email from butterfly regarding the usb port, looks like it will do more than i thought

Edit - post below explains some more details about the drills, also i had the height of the head set up one ring above the lowest position, so you could see one ring above and another at the top of the fixed tube

The USB port. The software for this will be available soon. The meaning. Renewal of the exercises in the exercise memory. Saving of the set exercises in a file on the PC. To retrieve the exercises again or perhaps to share with other users of the software, the exercises.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cdrsbd71f5tf ... Gw2ra?dl=0

Regards Steve

Last edited by Stevieboy on 21 Sep 2015, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2015, 22:22 

Those look great! Can you explain though, what are the letters (E, A, T) next to the trajectory values. And in the "match" drills, it refers to 5th and 7th balls, but there are only 4 balls in the drills.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2015, 02:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Update to the update. Butterfly had the clang problem when testing my robot and are sending a replacement head to me next week. Obviously I would prefer to have no problems at all, but happy with the service and responsiveness from Butterfly N.A.. I will post a final update (I hope) when the replacement arrives.

NL, sorry to hear you are having problems too. Is it making too hard a contact with the deflector on one side? And have you done the little calibration exercise again?

Yoko Ono

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2015, 02:56 

Hi Dave,
Sorry I should of explained, I did think to, then forgot

The letters in front of trajectory, corespond to the word TRAJECTORY on the Pro control panel, it doesnt have a scale and it seemed easier to line up the LED with a letter rather than count up the segments or set it to 0 and count up.

The info in the description of the drill was a kind of instruction for me to do, I didnt count the robots first ball because I wanted to simulate me serving for a 3rd ball open up and 5th ball attack and 7th ball kill, hope it makes sense

Ball 0 = robot ball 1 short push
Ball 1 = me returning robot ball 1 to replicate me serving
Ball 2 = robot ball 2 long push
Ball 3 = me opening up against a simulated long push return of short backspin my serve
Ball 4 = robot ball 3 good block or weak drive
Ball 5 = me attacking simulated block or weak drive with topspin
Ball 6 = robot ball 4 weak block or lob
Ball 7 = me killing simulated weak block or lob for a winner
Drill repeats

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2015, 06:39 

BRS wrote:

BRS, If you haven't already, be sure to read my posts regarding CLANG/Calibration problem earlier in this thread.

I know you have no way to test now until you get your head back, but do you remember...

1. Did CLANG always happen when changing a ball setting?

2. After CLANG was the calibration way off on all drills?

3. Was the problem always fixed (temporarily) by resetting (power cycling) the robot?

Thanks, and will look forward to your update when you get new head.

Example of CLANG (at 0:11):
[youtube]https://youtu.be/Nn9I8HFy12I[/youtube]

After the CLANG sound, all calibration is wrong (left/right/trajectory/speed) until robot is reset.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 26  Next