OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:48

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 05:47 

Interesting. Regarding the side-backspin, one thing to keep in mind is that for neutral spin, the bottom wheel spins slower than the top wheel. And since the bottom wheel won't spin backwards, the amount of backspin is going to depend on how fast the ball goes. If you tell it to send you a slow ball, that will limit the amount of backspin you can have. Faster balls can have more backspin. But if the robot would spin the bottom wheel backwards (which it doesn't), it would be able to produce slower backspin balls. This is something that the old generation Amicus did, but the new ones don't for some reason. I am going to experiment with spinning wheels backwards using the controller I built, at some point - to try to create some low speed/high spin balls.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2016, 22:53 

Hello everybody ! I just got a Amicus pro and I have the problem with preprogrammed drills that all go out of the table.
How can I modify the calibration ? When I press the two buttons "trajectory" the ball is going in the middle but is just on the "T", and not in the middle of the table as it is said in the notice. How can I modify this ball and save the new calibration ? Just read the 16 pages and didn't find...

Thanks for helping !

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2016, 00:58 

popette59 wrote:
Hello everybody ! I just got a Amicus pro and I have the problem with preprogrammed drills that all go out of the table.
How can I modify the calibration ? When I press the two buttons "trajectory" the ball is going in the middle but is just on the "T", and not in the middle of the table as it is said in the notice. How can I modify this ball and save the new calibration ? Just read the 16 pages and didn't find...

Thanks for helping !

others have stated that this could be because of the height that you have the head set to. if it's set higher the ball will travel longer. I believe you need to try the head at a lower height setting and see if that works.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2016, 01:03 

I'm waiting on the arrival of mine in the next day or two. I went with the Powerpong 3000 as it's the same basic machine and controller. I didn't need the pre programmed drill so I opted to save a little. on the Plus Atilla has been great to work with at Power Pong with exceptional Customer Service.

I've had a table for over 10 years. we have used it here and there, but I'm finally ready to really get into some serious recreational play with my friend and family. My wife is from China and her family really love to come play. I purchased this to learn to correctly hit the ball and to improve my reaction time and footwork.

Looking forward to a good experience with this robot.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2016, 16:47 

briankstan wrote:
popette59 wrote:

Thanks for helping !

others have stated that this could be because of the height that you have the head set to. if it's set higher the ball will travel longer. I believe you need to try the head at a lower height setting and see if that works.

Another thing you can do is to put a book between the feet and the underside of the table. I do this since the table I'm using is not one of the thicker ones. Try books of various thickness until you get the trajectory you want.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2016, 19:06 

Thank you for the tip ! I will try that. Does it mean the robot looks downside if you do that ?

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2016, 06:24 

popette59 wrote:

Thanks for helping !

My original Amicus Pro launched balls off the table constantly with preprogrammed drills. I would greatly lower the trajectory to get them on the table and eventually that would not suffice as the robot would shoot the balls off the table again over time. I sent mine back and received a new one and have had no problems since. The preprogrammed drills should work just fine out of the box. Definitely was faulty. I recommend sending yours back if it continues.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2016, 09:41 

I put a unfolded box under the hooks under the table and then they all work perfectly. simple and easy.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2016, 22:52 

Hello.

Just got my AMICUS proffesional.
In the manual it says there should be an Butterfly APP, which shows you the preprogrammed drills.

However, i can't seem to find it on playstore? Did they pull it back?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2016, 23:36 

Paddlewan wrote:
Hello.

Just got my AMICUS proffesional.
In the manual it says there should be an Butterfly APP, which shows you the preprogrammed drills.

However, i can't seem to find it on playstore? Did they pull it back?

I couldn't find the app either, I did find the pre programmed drills listed in the manual toward the end.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2016, 00:13 

Yes i can see the overview, but i was hoping for something like the Robopong 5040 overview, where you can actually see the table placement

PostPosted: 27 Mar 2016, 06:40 

Has anyone ever painted the edges of the deflector plate to help read the direction of the next ball?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016, 07:46 

Has anybody figured out a way to get the Amicus Pro to deliver high lobs? I have it set to deliver balls as high as it can go but its still not enough. I can't really tilt the Robot up as its all one unit.
Maybe this is one of the limitations of the Robot? It would have been nice if they had a adjustment to change the angle of the head up or down.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 06:13 

I was wondering if anyone can help me, after looking at the manual while waiting for delivery wasn't much help, and after playing on for a few hours, I turned it off, then upon turning it back on it wouldn't, fire any balls and after emptying the tube expecting a jam which there wasn't, I turned it back on and now the no.1slot is flashing yellow and memory is on 01 and it doesn't matter how I have the TYPE or PLACE buttons the feeder tube doesn't fill up as the mechanism to push the balls in the tube doesn't turn now after pressing sample or start or turning the Balls/min button from 0.
Everything was fine then I was having a rest so turned it off for 5mins then when turned back on it spat a few quick balls out and gave me the E1 all lights flash, from then till now, about 50 attempts later

Last edited by Lazy feet on 26 Apr 2016, 06:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2016, 06:20 

I've took all cables out and in making sure a good connection but I don't like the fact that it's not filling the tube up, no matter what setting I have on the controller, though it does self test upon starting, but I'm thinking that only no1 button is lit flashing yellow, would this make a difference, as I know all the no.s were lit before I switched it off and cease working fine.
Thanks in advance any help would be appreciated
I've emptied all balls, and no balls can be seen in the bottom but it still, does the same when turning back on
I also washed all the double fish 3star40m balls beforehand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 26  Next